Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The F-35 dropped a bomb on something I guess. Discuss this and other events that are current.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The F-35 dropped a bomb on something I guess. Discuss this and other events that are current.

A big advancement from just dropping the F-35 itself

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

mlmp08 posted:

And now the F-35A has been used to bomb poo poo in the Middle East as well.

Only one variant left before the full F-35 trifecta has bombed in the Middle East at some point!

That looks like a video game photo to me and I can't tell if thats because i'm broke brained or if Ace Combat is really getting that pretty.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

M_Gargantua posted:

That looks like a video game photo to me and I can't tell if thats because i'm broke brained or if Ace Combat is really getting that pretty.

This is an artist's CGI render of what the F-22 may one day look like after the pilot neglects to confirm the landing gear are deployed:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
We actually had an FCIF for a while because of F-22 pilots and their landing gear shenanigans.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://twitter.com/songforacarter/status/1123359920710135810`

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

The unc shooting today was weird for me. Closest Ive been to one and is as close as i want to be. Saw 6 cop cars racing there right after i dropped the trainee at his hotel a couple miles from it.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1123540207104667649?s=19

Saving money by ???

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

to be clear they didn't flood as in mass of people in there, but flooded with water

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Holy loving hell Donnie needs a binky this morning. 60 retweets in an hour, mostly from "firefighters" about the Biden endorsement.

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1123548944569651200?s=19

He hosed one up though :laugh:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1123560993257349120?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 13:30 on May 1, 2019

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

The Russian GRU agent forgot which account he was logged into.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bored As gently caress posted:

The Russian GRU agent forgot which account he was logged into.

Nah that’s the guys from Internet Research drinking too early.

Also Assange :lol:

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 1, 2019

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Jungle war woo

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Finally we can spend 10-20 years now planning for jungle war fighting equipment since the Middle East ones will be useless. Hey Retro Vietnam stuff time!

Oh I was tooling around looking for Prime Deals for the Washington Post (since reupping to the Economist I’ve been getting back into current affairs again) and if you have Prime you can get three months of the Post free and then it’s $5.99 a month.

Anyone know of any decent NY Times deals.

Basically I’ve lost my ability to deal with paywalls or ignoring sources using them.

Also morbid interest besides say the WSJ or Daily Telegraph are there any decent center-right Newspapers our there worth reading (cue jokes about WaPo incoming).

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

finally a use for these woodland cammies!!!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

*PLAYING OF SNAKE EATER THEME INTENSIFIES*

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Nah they'll go for a digitized tiger stripe.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

digitized tiger stripe but in the proper colors would be rad as hell

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

loving what

loving what

This loving administration

Hey at least all those Vietnam Era tactics we train to in the rescue community will be valid again! Let's see how long it takes to get another rescue helicopter shot down by an air to air missile.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Let’s be honest he’s just mad someone told him he couldn’t bring back an Iowa like Reagan so he’s compensating.

Kidding aside isn’t this most likely the Navy doing the Air Forces well we need to get rid of the A10s since we don’t have money routine?

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 1, 2019

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Truman thing is apparently about whether or not to go through with the midlife refueling and overhaul in 2024. Seems odd to not do it but the Pentagon apparently announces back in February that they’d start decommissioning the ship instead when the refueling is necessary.
https://www.stripes.com/cno-nominee-backs-navy-plan-to-scrap-uss-truman-as-white-house-vows-to-keep-the-ship-1.579086

While we are building new carriers it seems weird for the CNO to want a smaller fleet.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Let’s be honest he’s just mad someone told him he couldn’t bring back an Iowa like Reagan so he’s compensating.

Kidding aside isn’t this most likely the Navy doing the Air Forces well we need to get rid of the A10s since we don’t have money routine?

Someone mentioned that in cspam and then told the story of how when a dude set off a charge on the Iowa, Reagan administration blamed it on " the gays"

wikipedia posted:

The first investigation into the explosion, conducted by the U.S. Navy, concluded that one of the gun turret crew members, Clayton Hartwig, who died in the explosion, had deliberately caused it. During the investigation, numerous leaks to the media, later attributed to U.S. Navy officers and investigators, implied that Hartwig and another sailor, Kendall Truitt, had engaged in a homosexual relationship and that Hartwig had caused the explosion after their relationship had soured. In its report, however, the U.S. Navy concluded that the evidence did not show that Hartwig was homosexual but that he was suicidal and had caused the explosion with either an electronic or chemical detonator.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Weren't manpower deficiecies cited at the heart of what.the Navy needs to address with it's current op tempo? Seems like keeping the carrier around and Manning a new one being constructed is gonna further constrain Manning for the target community

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

lmao

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat
I heard that he originally canceled the refueling to save money, but reversed course as soon as it hit the press. He causes then solves problems and acts like he's a master strategic genius.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Manpower needs are always something the Navy needs to address. Doesn't even matter which navy we're talking about or even what century we're talking about.

That said my underinformed opinion is that decommissioning the Truman instead of biting the bullet and refueling her is probably a false economy considering how gung ho China is about carrier building.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 1, 2019

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's May Day bitches, go spit on your employers and landlords

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sh4kz_zhyo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Sorry comrade, I'm visiting my mother and I'm not going to spit on her.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Im siting in my machine doing absolutely nothing because other people's equipment keeps breaking and I can't go any further. Still pensionable hours

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Gulag.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Im so shocked

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/stat...ingawful.com%2F

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

It's very clear that Barr is a loving snake. Democrats are smart to his legal technicalities now, so they want a lawyer to do the House's questioning tomorrow. This Senate hearing is essentially worthless due to legal squirming and senators not bring smart to the legal poo poo.

For that reason, Barr is trying to get out of appearing at the House tomorrow. :laugh:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ginaaharkins/status/1123614711596101634?s=21

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://libcom.org/files/tintinrevolution_1.pdf

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Barcley posted:

I heard that he originally canceled the refueling to save money, but reversed course as soon as it hit the press. He causes then solves problems and acts like he's a master strategic genius.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I’m sure his bass will eat it up.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Finally we can spend 10-20 years now planning for jungle war fighting equipment since the Middle East ones will be useless. Hey Retro Vietnam stuff time!

Oh I was tooling around looking for Prime Deals for the Washington Post (since reupping to the Economist I’ve been getting back into current affairs again) and if you have Prime you can get three months of the Post free and then it’s $5.99 a month.

Anyone know of any decent NY Times deals.

Basically I’ve lost my ability to deal with paywalls or ignoring sources using them.

Also morbid interest besides say the WSJ or Daily Telegraph are there any decent center-right Newspapers our there worth reading (cue jokes about WaPo incoming).

Christian Science Monitor and The American Conservative seem okay-ish, though the later is a magazine. Both have a fair amount of online content.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

The Navy didn't actually want it retired anyway, it was a publicity stunt to protest carrier funding with the full knowledge that it would be blocked. This isn't the first time they've done this.

Silver lining.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

LingcodKilla posted:

This is exactly what I was thinking. I’m sure his bass will eat it up.

They won't give him any treble.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

What kind of basic bitch claps at a strip club?

[Checks notes] Command Master Chief

Oh, carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

McNally posted:

They won't give him any treble.

Give this guy the hook.