Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Equeen posted:

to start a ~conversation~

i know, i'm such a loving rear end in a top hat. how dare i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Maybe in this case by linking some MRA bullshit you are a little clueless but then again you always seem to be. How old are you? And are you a gamer?

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

i know, i'm such a loving rear end in a top hat. how dare i

there are better ways to start a conversation than linking to the 1643684th video of some chud bitching about brie larson and captain marvel

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Goddamn, all I did was say "Hey this video is weird." I specifically asked how people felt about it and specifically stated I wasn't aware of this anti-Brie Larson campaign. I'm very sorry if it annoys you that I'm bringing up something that you consider to be old news. This is the same thread that just had like a two page discussion about rape.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If there is a woman in anything there's an Internet campaign against her

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I don't think extra "views" are going to embolden this asshat anymore than he already is posting a lovely video in the first place. If you're super concerned about that, downvote it, report it, leave an inflammatory comment, etc.

I do think there is room to have a conversation about this type of misogyny (we have in the past) and saying "so here's a video I watched that has these terrible views and I would like to discuss" isn't some super idiotic thing. Although I would suggest SSB that if you wanted to discuss it you could have given a summary and your own feelings rather than just pasting it and asking for everyone else to watch it and share their feelings first.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I watched Captain Marvel and thought she was good but otherwise had never seen her in anything and kind of hated hearing every nerd on earth fan casting this person for every role like I was supposed to know who that was

She played Abed's girlfriend in Community, continuing the long tradition of actors from that show appearing in the MCU.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

The only exposure I have to whatever she said was the red letter media review of Captain Marvel (RLM then proceed to declare her unlikable) and to be fair she was incredibly right on the issue of criticism and diversity in the industry.Her delivery might have not been the best but that doesn't detract from what she said.This is just annoying assholes thinking they have found a soft target and trying to drive forward a narrative.In some cases it works and people lose control of their own brand (I hate that term but that's the best I can do).

In short do not pay attention to these sexist gatekeeping nerds.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

hump day bitches! posted:

In short do not pay attention to these sexist gatekeeping nerds.

:hai:

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

The amount of absolute poo poo you get when searching for her on youtube is horrendous.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Laughing Zealot posted:

The amount of absolute poo poo you get when searching for her on youtube is horrendous.

Fixed.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

CheesyDog posted:

If there is a woman in anything there's an Internet campaign against her

Has scarjo ever gotten poo poo for anything besides whitewashing in ghost in the shell? Nerds seem to like her in the marvel movies

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I can't believe so many clowns here haven't seen Larson in her best film, Kong Skull Island.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hobo Clown posted:

She played Abed's girlfriend in Community, continuing the long tradition of actors from that show appearing in the MCU.

:aaaaa:

Yeah never pieced that together. Wow.
Maybe if Captain Marvel had been a bookish, twee manic pixie girl the chuds would have loved her.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtrmWnFAHYE

I almost like her version over Metric. :3:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I can't believe so many clowns here haven't seen Larson in her best film, Kong Skull Island.

No joke I had no idea who she was until I was reminded she was in Skull Island.

At that point I discounted all bitching about her as MRA trash

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtrmWnFAHYE

I love that cover. She's great in that movie too.

The only thing I remember about her in Skull Island was "ANTI war photographer!" *hands on hips*

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, she didn't make much of an impression on me in Kong Skull Island, but it's a pretty underwritten role. Same with Captain Marvel.

Larson has been really good in lots of other movies like Scott Pilgrim, The Spectacular Now, Short Term 12.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Vintersorg posted:

IIRC, that Clash at Demonhead song wasn't on the soundtrack so I never purchased it. :mad:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, she didn't make much of an impression on me in Kong Skull Island, but it's a pretty underwritten role. Same with Captain Marvel.

Larson has been really good in lots of other movies like Scott Pilgrim, The Spectacular Now, Short Term 12.

Room was pretty big as well.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Room was pretty big as well.

No joke, it took an incredibly long time for my mother to understand that the movie The Room was not the same movie as Room.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I blame direction and character writing more than anything with regards to how :geno: Captain Marvel turned out to be in her movie and Endgame. Larson isn't the problem.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Yeah Larson is great in other comic book movies like Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bedshaped posted:

Yeah Larson is great in other comic book movies like Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.

But she said The Bad Thing About Men!

Tar her I say, tar her for the fault of speaking her mind!

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Bedshaped posted:

Wasn't Envy also kind of a weird dead affect character?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly i think it's fair to say Larson's kind of one-note and that said note doesn't work in everything

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Patrick Spens posted:

Yes, but it was supposed to be alluring. Not exactly subtle with the breathy voice close-up during the phone call.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gabriel Luna will be back as Ghost Rider on Hulu.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ghost-rider-gabriel-luna-hulu-series-1203202305/

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Patrick Spens posted:

Yeah. It was mostly played as "Oooh Scott Pilgrim. I'm the big famous former girlfriend. It must suck that I dumped you and went famous and am rich and stuff ooooo sucks for youuuuu huh"

But the afterwards once he deveganizes Todd is basically she's putting on this weird facade so she can deal with who's she expected to be now and isn't a complete ice queen bitch.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

YaketySass posted:

What are steve's pussy eating skills?

Is that part of the peak human package?

Oh, uh, obviously. He also ensures his partner climaxes first.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

honestly i think it's fair to say Larson's kind of one-note and that said note doesn't work in everything

Disagree. I don't think it's one note, I think she has a range, which while it might not be the biggest range, there are definite differences between Scott Pilgrim and 21 Jump Street and Room and Short Term 12, all of which she is super wonderful in. (note that i might be biased because I have a Short Term 12 poster hanging on my wall, because it is one of my absolute favorite movies)

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i think the script was bad and the whole production process was marvel-ized. brie larson is obviously a very good actress as anyone who's seen short term 12 and room can attest. but there's only so much one can do with lackluster material and a studio keeping its claws in.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Apparently the Russos confirm that in Endgame, Cap does go to a splinter universe, and not our own. They do not address the Peggy situation and they do not address how old man Steve got back.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

FilthyImp posted:

IIRC, that Clash at Demonhead song wasn't on the soundtrack so I never purchased it. :mad:

Someone on YouTube edited the movie parts into a usable version it's extremely good

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

R. Guyovich posted:

i think the script was bad and the whole production process was marvel-ized. brie larson is obviously a very good actress as anyone who's seen short term 12 and room can attest. but there's only so much one can do with lackluster material and a studio keeping its claws in.

She was great in Free Fire, so it's not like she can't do quippy action movies.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Mordiceius posted:

Apparently the Russos confirm that in Endgame, Cap does go to a splinter universe, and not our own. They do not address the Peggy situation and they do not address how old man Steve got back.

He arrived back after they set up the machine and as they were going for a piss.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The weird part about Brie Larson is, to me, hearing her name a hundred thousand times after she became Captain Marvel and then realizing I've seen her in a bunch of movies without ever noticing who she was.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mordiceius posted:

He took two extra vials of Pym particles in 1970, one for his trip to Peggy and one for his trip back.

Also it is a splinter universe only after he splinters it himself so both the original universe and the one he goes to could be considered his "home" universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Mordiceius posted:

So maybe he did save Tony's parents and Bucky in that universe, for all the good it does the "prime" universe