Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Those cheap rear end cinnamon rolls and soft serve at the end are worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
who doesn't love the meatballs (which may or may not contain horse in them) that they serve at a low cost?

the elderberry jam is fantastic though and the dark chocolate bars you can get there are pretty good

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
“There’s something I’ve been meaning to kill you!” is the line of the season.

Not of this show, of every show.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
THE GIRL WHO WAS MURDERED TOO MUCH

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Argue posted:

I just woke up from a dream where Gary stepped out of the office for a moment and left a note but the Legends thought he was kidnapped and kept travelling through time searching for him while misinterpreting the note in increasingly absurd ways.

Guys I took a look at this post, I think Gary’s trying to tell us he’s been kidnapped by Brute and Glob

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I loved everything about Mick this episode.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Elentor posted:

I loved everything about this episode.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also I just had an epiphany. The Time Idiots are DC's version of Nextwave.

Sarah: Where's Neron? Where did he go?!
Nora: I gave him the explodo because I am clever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am so glad Ava and Sarah are back together. I hope at some point Norah drops some referance to a book they talked about when she was in a coma.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This dumb show is my favorite dumb show and I'm glad it exists because whenever I'm feeling old and grumpy at how bad other shows are I remember this show exists and that it's still possible for me to feel braindead joy.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Finally caught up with the last month’s worth of episodes. Man, what a rollercoaster, especially watching them back to back. I was a little bummed out after the Mexico lucha libre ep, but everything after that was fantastic.

I love that Brandon Routh is basically getting the chance to play Todd Ingram again :allears:

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Look, I love this show, but they split the cast up far too much. I'm happy with a usual A/B plot with an occasional C. But when you're juggling SO many balls in the air, it can get a bit unsatisfying from time to time.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Me: Doom Patrol is the weirdest superhero show on tv right now

Legends of Tomorrow:

Bruceski posted:

The juxtaposition of horror and humor was very Raimi.

Definitely.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I loved Gary, at one point while looking for spells, started wearing his tie like Constantine.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So THAT'S why Gary lost his nipple to a bloodthirsty Unicorn in the season premiere!

And on that note, why was Gary so obsessed with 'becoming whole' again with his missing nipple? Is that like a common thing? Because personally, if I had lost a nipple like that, I'd have NO interest in trying to reattach it to my body again.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah it's super common for those who have lost a nipple to do whatever they can to have it back. Especially if it turned evil.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Ghost nipple pain is no joke.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Gary's got tiny nips.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Silver dollars, man. Not mosquito bites.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nooneofconsequence posted:

Gary's got tiny nips.

all the more reason to maintain nipple superiority through numbers

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Andrew_1985 posted:

Look, I love this show, but they split the cast up far too much. I'm happy with a usual A/B plot with an occasional C. But when you're juggling SO many balls in the air, it can get a bit unsatisfying from time to time.

Seems like just the other day we were worried the crew was getting too thin

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

bring back old gbs posted:

all the more reason to maintain nipple superiority through numbers

Opossum superiority.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Vietnamwees posted:

So THAT'S why Gary lost his nipple to a bloodthirsty Unicorn in the season premiere!

And on that note, why was Gary so obsessed with 'becoming whole' again with his missing nipple? Is that like a common thing? Because personally, if I had lost a nipple like that, I'd have NO interest in trying to reattach it to my body again.

Pretty sure it's just demonic power of suggestion since Gary thought it was cool and didn't want Gideon to fix him up back in the premiere.

"That nipple belongs to Hell now, Gary!" is probably the best line ever delivered seriously on television.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

TwoPair posted:

"That nipple belongs to Hell now, Gary!" is probably the best line ever delivered seriously on television.

:yeah:

It beat out Season 2's "George Lucas has the Spear of Destiny" for the honor as well!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TwoPair posted:

I wonder if he gets any powers along with it or if he just becomes Renfield to Ray's Dracula

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So this means Gary will end up saving the day, right?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WhyteRyce posted:

Seems like just the other day we were worried the crew was getting too thin

Its weird because just a few episodes ago Ava was MIA, Nate and Z were off in their own story, and Gary and Nora weren't regulars. And then whoops, cast is huge!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

Its weird because just a few episodes ago Ava was MIA, Nate and Z were off in their own story, and Gary and Nora weren't regulars. And then whoops, cast is huge!

I think they juggled it extremely well in the latest episode. I think everybody got meaningful face time in, including Nora.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Part of the beauty of the show is everyone playing and riffing off each other so I don't mind an oversized crew compared to an understaffed one

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
They all work so well with each other, it's rare that I find two Legends who were together were still uninteresting.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Now all we need is a scene on The Flash with someone exclaiming "Heatwave is Rebecca Silver?!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Davros1 posted:

Now all we need is a scene on The Flash with someone exclaiming "Heatwave is Rebecca Silver?!"

Sisco has to be the one who says it too.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
It'll be revealed that Cisco came up with the name Rebecca Silver for Mick in the first place because creating aliases is his thing.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

V-Men posted:

They all work so well with each other, it's rare that I find two Legends who were together were still uninteresting.

I was not on board with Zari and Nate at all until this episode and they're such huge awkward dorks together that I buy it completely now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

I was not on board with Zari and Nate at all until this episode and they're such huge awkward dorks together that I buy it completely now.

I was ambivalent on it initially but this one and the Jane Austen Bollywood episode sold me on it. Zari and Nate kind of need a win or two after all the poo poo they've been through lately, so yeah them being charming dorks together is good.

That bit of them just mocking the Literal Indianna Jones Nazi guy was just poetry.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Sexy fun times is a nice counter balance to "epic love story" and "star crossed lovers" that we've had before. Sometimes relationships are fun and light-hearted.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chokes McGee posted:

I think they juggled it extremely well in the latest episode. I think everybody got meaningful face time in, including Nora.

Yeah, i didn't have a huge problem with it. Just like objectively speaking its suddenly a big rear end cast thanks to Nora, Gary, and Mona getting bigger roles and Ava returning in a main one. But I assume we're nearing the end of the season so it makes sense to get everyone onboard for the last act.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sloth Life posted:

Sexy fun times is a nice counter balance to "epic love story" and "star crossed lovers" that we've had before. Sometimes relationships are fun and light-hearted.

And honestly, I think Nate/Amaya was done rather well too. Especially compared to the romance plots on the other DC shows so far.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, i didn't have a huge problem with it. Just like objectively speaking its suddenly a big rear end cast thanks to Nora, Gary, and Mona getting bigger roles and Ava returning in a main one. But I assume we're nearing the end of the season so it makes sense to get everyone onboard for the last act.

It's definitely a 180 from a few months ago when people were saying the show felt so empty without Jax, Stein, Wally, Snart, et al..

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

And honestly, I think Nate/Amaya was done rather well too. Especially compared to the romance plots on the other DC shows so far.

Well most romances are better than Caitlin Snow's revolving door of dead or disappearing boyfriends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nate and Zari rule.

So clearly one of them is gonna die horribly next season.