Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Today frogs, tomorrow the world Cambodian kids!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

No, it’s the same Kissinger. He became fascinated by chemical explosives while using Amatol to blow up frogs during his stint in the United States Army.

Sounds about right

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

No, it’s the same Kissinger. He became fascinated by chemical explosives while using Amatol to blow up frogs during his stint in the United States Army.

The entirety of Kissinger's foreign policy career makes so much more sense now.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
In the comic book “Watchmen,” young Jon Osterman is being trained by his father to literally be a watch man.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Who watches the watch-men?

tallest crocodile
Sep 10, 2011

How a TV show about Pre-historic life would reconstruct a goon.
Aphex Twin and Die Antwoord are not related like, at all. I saw an Aphex Twin video on MTV when I was young and a picture of the woman from Die Antwoord much later, and somehow forever linked them in my mind.

Also it’s Die Antwoord not Die Antwood.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah, Aphex Twin is good and interesting.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

tallest crocodile posted:

Aphex Twin and Die Antwoord are not related like, at all. I saw an Aphex Twin video on MTV when I was young and a picture of the woman from Die Antwoord much later, and somehow forever linked them in my mind.

Also it’s Die Antwoord not Die Antwood.

they sampled an aphex twin song and are big fans

tallest crocodile
Sep 10, 2011

How a TV show about Pre-historic life would reconstruct a goon.

hawowanlawow posted:

they sampled an aphex twin song and are big fans

I guess they’re not as unrelated as I thought then!

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

tryna = trying to

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

tryna = trying to

hand beezy = handjob

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mister Mind posted:

In the comic book “Watchmen,” young Jon Osterman is being trained by his father to literally be a watch man.
The page where Moloch calls the cops to tell them he knows where "Raw Shark" is is immediately followed by a Tales of the Black Freighter page with the shark eating the corpse raft.

(this isn't something I just figured out but I felt real smart when I figured out why he made that specific mispronunciation)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bell jar posted:

hand beezy = handjob

Uh oh. Don't like where this is headed

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Figured it out a while ago, but for years I thought it was tinyeye, not tineye. Google just corrected me so effectively that I never noticed.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Swallow a sip of a carbonated beverage.
Immediately throw your head back, open your mouth wide, and hold the tip of your tongue up high far behind your front teeth.
Through the miracle of salivary glands, you can pretend that you're the dinosaur that blinded Wayne Knight in Jurassic Park.

Admittedly something I figured out as a child, but still fun to do as a fully grown adult.

EDIT:
Turn your head if you try it while reading this post.
Don't get spit all over your monitor.

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 11:03 on May 3, 2019

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Immediately throw your head back, open your mouth wide, and hold the tip of your tongue up high far behind your front teeth.
Through the miracle of salivary glands, you can pretend that you're the dinosaur that blinded Wayne Knight in Jurassic Park.

Admittedly something I figured out as a child, but still fun to do as a fully grown adult.

This is called gleeking (gleaking?) and some people can do it on command sans soda. One of my friends can shoot like 6 feet or more.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Imperador do Brasil posted:

This is called gleeking (gleaking?) and some people can do it on command sans soda. One of my friends can shoot like 6 feet or more.

Neat, I just learned something new!

Wikipedia posted:

In general, gleeking occurs when an accumulation of saliva in the sublingual gland is propelled out in a stream when the gland is compressed by the tongue. The stream of saliva is released in the general direction of the front of the mouth. If the mouth is open the jet may project several feet.[4]
Gleeking may occur spontaneously due to accidental tongue pressure on the sublingual gland while talking, eating, yawning, or cleaning the teeth. Gleeking can also be induced, for instance, by pressing the underside of the tongue upwards against the palate, then pushing the tongue forward while simultaneously moving the jaw slightly forward; or by yawning deeply and pressing the tongue against the palate.

There is a lot of cool information about this, and I'm excited that I now know its name.
Thank you, Imperador do Brasil.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I learned I could do this in high school. It went over about as well as you could imagine, but I my school years we’re about trying to gross people out. It worked best for me with Mug/Barq’s canned root beer.

And I figured out I can do this in 8th grade when I spent a whole science class getting gleaked on by the 2 bullies in back of me. I had to learn how to do it back.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

It's probably the slight acidity in most sodas that causes extra spit production in your case

Another fun thing: Put your earpods in your nostrils and make as if to yawn (takes a bit of practice but once you've got it, it's not hard). This opens your eustachian tubes and the music will now sound like it comes from inside your head.

Swallowing also works. It's basically the same thing as what happens when you align pressure in an airplane.

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 15:20 on May 3, 2019

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

James Marsden and James Marsters aren't the same guy.

Their names are close enough that when I started watching Westworld I just thought to myself "Hey, neat. The guy from Buffy is making a comeback."

rydiafan has a new favorite as of 15:49 on May 3, 2019

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I can do this, but only completely involuntarily and only right onto my monitor.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

rydiafan posted:

Their names are close enough that when I started watching Westworld I just thought to myself "Hey, neat. The guy from Buffy is making a comeback."

Similarly, I've been hearing people talking about James Marsden and wondering why they put the Red Dead Redemption protagonist in the Sonic movie

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I've been trying to gleek on command all day. Thanks, thread.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

Similarly, I've been hearing people talking about James Marsden and wondering why they put the Red Dead Redemption protagonist in the Sonic movie

He does play a cowboy on TV

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

mng posted:

I've been trying to gleek on command all day. Thanks, thread.

I even bought a coke. No dice.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
We called it “gleeting” and I haven’t heard anyone mention it in like 20 years. But I do it by pressing my tongue against the bottoms of my top molars, no soda required.

Also I stuck my earbuds up my nose for no reason, thanks.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
wait till you guys find out people can rumble their ear muscles like a bass drum

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

wait till you guys find out people can rumble their ear muscles like a bass drum

how do I make it stop

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

If you xan do this, do jt on airplanes to clear your ears during takeoff/landing. Better than chewing gum.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

rydiafan posted:

i got in a weird and very short fight with my boyfriend about this last night, glad i am not the only one

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

There are people who can't?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Picnic Princess posted:

There are people who can't?

I had a conversation with a physiology researcher on twitter about that, where my position was the same as yours. I asked in TFR about it, because there's lots of people there who are very careful with their hearing due to their chosen hobby, and most of them just replied "yeah I can do that, it's normal, right?". The researcher I spoke to was very surprised that more people could do it, and then we dug up some research stating that it can assist with eustachian tube abnormalities that need more pressure relieving than normal.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Didn’t realize how many goons were middle-school bullies obsessed with getting the perfect gleak

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Memento posted:

The researcher I spoke to was very surprised that more people could do it, and then we dug up some research stating that it can assist with eustachian tube abnormalities that need more pressure relieving than normal.

I think that was the same thread where I learned that tightening up ear muscles to "brace yourself" for a loud noise is a real thing. I thought that it was completely a psychological thing that it seemed less loud when I was prepared for someone to hammer in a a nail instead of when it surprised me, but it turns out that ears are pretty complicated.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! has a new favorite as of 19:09 on May 4, 2019

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Where I'm from spitting on people doesn't happen even among children.

You're all loving disgusting.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

sassassin posted:

Where I'm from spitting on people doesn't happen even among children.

You're all loving disgusting.

On people, what?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Spit spit spit Saliva spit spit Do you want some gum? Get yer own, twit.

I constantly projectile vomit up into the air and let it land all over me.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
It just kinda hit me the other day, but I realized that we're probably going to see remakes of the Harry Potter movies in our lifetimes. We'll also see the copyright on Mickey Mouse run out, which is also weird. But I think that's only classic Mickey, not any modern version. I'm not sure how that works.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Leavemywife posted:

But I think that's only classic Mickey, not any modern version. I'm not sure how that works.

Steampunk Willie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The announcement of a Link's Awakening remake is the thing that made me realize that I am legitimately old as hell.