Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Taima posted:

Wow. Ok. That is incredible. So you mount the unit and route tubing to a fan unit outside, am I understanding this right? How much did your setup run, if I may ask?

Really considering grabbing one of these...!

Pretty much, yeah. My install was $4700 several years ago (unit, install, and electrician). It does heat/AC/Dehumidification. I wanted one that just did AC but at the time this was all they had. Never regretted it. My electric bill actually went down because previously the room was controlled by the central HVAC. The rest of the house could be (delightfully) freezing but with 5 people in the garage room, it was still hot with little circulation. We can spend a whole day in the garage and let the rest of the house hit 80 and my bill is still lower than before.

MRC48B posted:

Also those type of units should be hard-wired, so you may need an electrician.

Yup. Sorry if I didn't make that clear before. I see Home Depot has a DIY kit (I have no loving clue how that would work).

2nd edit: https://www.homedepot.com/s/mini%20split?NCNI-5&gsitesearch

topenga fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Those kits are "DIY" for people who own their own vacuum pump, or "know a guy".

Would not recommend those to anyone unless you already know what you are doing, or are willing to buy that unit twice to learn the hard way.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I wish I owned a home so I could get a ductless mini split instead of using forced hot air to heat the whole apartment and window units in the summer. Then I can just heat the one or two rooms my wife I are actually in instead of the whole place (for heat, I like the window ACs except for having it in the window)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Just placed an order for some costco branded Flonase. They've got an online deal running right now, $6 bucks off.

$ 18.56 for 5 bottles of the stuff (sales tax), assuming it's not somehow absolute trash this is so loving cheap holy poo poo.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I saw a banner at the Costco store today that they carry pet meds now. Not sure how long they've done this.
https://www.costco.com/pharmacy/pet-medications.html

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

tangy yet delightful posted:

Just placed an order for some costco branded Flonase. They've got an online deal running right now, $6 bucks off.

$ 18.56 for 5 bottles of the stuff (sales tax), assuming it's not somehow absolute trash this is so loving cheap holy poo poo.

Dang, that is really cheap. Does Flonase actually go bad though? I know the brand name ones have an expiration date thats only like a year or so out.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

it's not trash, fluticasone is a high margin item

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Dang, that is really cheap. Does Flonase actually go bad though? I know the brand name ones have an expiration date thats only like a year or so out.

it does go bad, and the exp date is typically not bullshit on pharmaceuticals

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

In the sense that it just won't be effective or that it starts to become actively harmful if you take it?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

In the sense that it just won't be effective or that it starts to become actively harmful if you take it?

It decreases in effectiveness but it does last past the exp date.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Your nose is gonna get so YOLKED

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Generally it won't be as effective and meet the label claim for potency.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

it's not trash, fluticasone is a high margin item

Yeah I mean with how cheap it is even if I don't use all the bottles before they expire it's still a great deal and I have to take it every day to keep my lovely small eustachian tubes open so my eardrums don't get even more hosed.

nmagness
Sep 16, 2013

RE: the great AC debate. If you live in an old unsealed apartment a freestanding unit like a Delonghi is actually a pretty good choice since it can exhaust hot air that's in the room when you start it in addition to adding heat from the completely separate circulator fan in the top section. Specifically for the delonghis, they use efficient pumps and will run the condensate into the hot exhaust so you don't need to drain them. Dunno what the guy was talking about who said ductless split is just a little more than a window or freestanding unit was talking about, I get paid about the cost of a freestanding unit just to show up and wire in a mini split.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

FCKGW posted:

I saw a banner at the Costco store today that they carry pet meds now. Not sure how long they've done this.

Yeah we get our old dog’s muscle relaxers there, significantly cheaper than through the vet.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

nmagness posted:

RE: the great AC debate. If you live in an old unsealed apartment a freestanding unit like a Delonghi is actually a pretty good choice since it can exhaust hot air that's in the room when you start it in addition to adding heat from the completely separate circulator fan in the top section. Specifically for the delonghis, they use efficient pumps and will run the condensate into the hot exhaust so you don't need to drain them. Dunno what the guy was talking about who said ductless split is just a little more than a window or freestanding unit was talking about, I get paid about the cost of a freestanding unit just to show up and wire in a mini split.

Mine works great for my room. I live on the coast so I only have to use it July-September but yeah it works great.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FCKGW posted:

Oh poo poo, this is more exciting news then the fans. God drat! My dog(go) suffers from not so occasional seizures and the medication the vet recommended was an insane amount of monies. Hopefully they have what we need. :smith:

:doggo:

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Oh poo poo, this is more exciting news then the fans. God drat! My dog(go) suffers from not so occasional seizures and the medication the vet recommended was an insane amount of monies. Hopefully they have what we need. :smith:

:doggo:

I priced out my dog's medicine and Costco is $9 more expensive per month than Valley Vet Supply.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Well, atleast I can get my dog a giant bag of dog food. And myself a giant bag of dino nuggies.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Bravecto is cheapest at Costco, praise be

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I priced out my dog's medicine and Costco is $9 more expensive per month than Valley Vet Supply.

Valley Vet is legit. Saved me $50/month vs. getting IV supplies from my vet and I never had to worry about requesting refills myself.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So, no doubt Costco flannels are as good as advertised, but:

https://www.costco.com/MagnaClick-Men’s-Flannel-Shirt.product.100430502.html posted:

Should not be worn if one has a pacemaker

:chloe:

E: Fukkin magnet buttons, how do they work? :doh:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Speaking of dangerous costco apparel, I got that belt that you can swivel the head on so it can be brown or black on the outside. I have a hairy tum tum and the swivel bit grabs hairs very frequently and it hurts like hell. But I am too lazy to get a new belt as this one is otherwise fine so I live with it.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Not to brag but went to church Sunday at 11 AM. Was in and out with 11 unique items ($86) in 19 minutes. And I had my two year old with.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SirPablo posted:

Not to brag but went to church Sunday at 11 AM. Was in and out with 11 unique items ($86) in 19 minutes. And I had my two year old with.

Is that even possible? Keeping the laws of physics in mind?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

FINALLY

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Tortilla land ahoy

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
those tortillas are :discourse:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
How do you cook them, just a griddle?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SirPablo posted:

any saucepan/skillet works. just keep it on medium heat.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Chinatown posted:

those tortillas are :discourse:

And if you don't have the time to make it yourself, that barbacoa (and the Al pastor and carnitas) is not bad for the price. Not top tier but if you're making burritos it's pretty good.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
With any luck the Lord will bless us with the tortilla land corn tortillas as well one day.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

SirPablo posted:

I always grill them. Drop them directly on it, wait a bit (we're talking 20-30 seconds), flip, wait a bit more then take it off when it inflates. Throw them in a towel inside a tortilla warmer/server, EZ $$. If you have leftovers let them cool down a bit, toss them in a ziplock bag, keep in the fridge, microwave as needed.

Taima posted:

With any luck the Lord will bless us with the tortilla land corn tortillas as well one day.

That would own and own hard.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There’s always like mad fat people at sams club. Not like wal mart corpulent just chunky monkies. They seem harmless whatever I just need my 4 pounds of medium sharp cheddar. :snoo:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

priznat posted:

Speaking of dangerous costco apparel, I got that belt that you can swivel the head on so it can be brown or black on the outside. I have a hairy tum tum and the swivel bit grabs hairs very frequently and it hurts like hell. But I am too lazy to get a new belt as this one is otherwise fine so I live with it.

Have you considered shaving your tum tum

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

gently caress shaving anything, I'll be as hairy as I wanna be.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

There’s always like mad fat people at sams club. Not like wal mart corpulent just chunky monkies. They seem harmless whatever I just need my 4 pounds of medium sharp cheddar. :snoo:

Please do not go to sams club.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

El Jebus posted:

And if you don't have the time to make it yourself, that barbacoa (and the Al pastor and carnitas) is not bad for the price. Not top tier but if you're making burritos it's pretty good.
The Kirkland pulled pork is phenomenal in case someone hasn’t tried it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

My belt is kinda doing that (more like waxing I guess) in small increments! Yoink yoink

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
As long as it doesn't have nickel exposed it will be good.

As soon as the finish wears on a belt buckle it's rash city for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Went to Costco for just the bare essentials today.

Left with $350 full of non essentials.