Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

yum posted:

Unless the translation is off, looks like Koga wants to survive a fight to the death, not win one.

Isn't surviving a fight to the death winning a fight to the death, by definition? You either win or you die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

yum posted:

from the prologue

Unless the translation is off, looks like Koga wants to survive a fight to the death, not win one.

The way it is written it looks less like a goal, and more like an example of what it would be useful for.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Poltergrift posted:

Isn't surviving a fight to the death winning a fight to the death, by definition? You either win or you die.

Oh. Yes it is.

I should get more sleep seeing as I'm having trouble interpreting dialogue from a translated fightman comic

Mindblast posted:

The way it is written it looks less like a goal, and more like an example of what it would be useful for.

sounds a lot like Julius' philosophy

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

We saw cosmo last season go through the same thing when he realized he doesnt like fighting (it makes you dirty and gross).

I thought he just didn't like losing?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

chapter 16

https://mangadex.org/chapter/602039

"where are they now" for a couple of characters

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Looks like at least some of Koga's problems are maybe not psychological as much as they are strategic. It makes sense, given that he's from a regular rear end sports/street punk background that he wouldn't quite have a grasp on the secret sauce of nigh-superhuman level combat tactics.

It'll also make the moment when he figures out how to use his latent Kengan powers an even more dramatic a power up

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm glad that this confirms that Jerry is to return. Also 160 days definitely is enough time for Koga to become strong enough to get a spot on the tournament.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Plutonis posted:

I'm glad that this confirms that Jerry is to return. Also 160 days definitely is enough time for Koga to become strong enough to get a spot on the tournament.

He'll only get strong in 160 days if Adam Dudley trains him.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Okubo was one of my favorite characters in Asura so I hope he gets to do some cool stuff without getting punked by the endboss this time

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

Okubo was one of my favorite characters in Asura so I hope he gets to do some cool stuff without getting punked by the endboss this time

I feel like Okubo was at least mid-tier for the tournament, though he's pretty clearly below Gaolong (and probably other high tier people like Wakatsuki). He probably could have beaten people like hair assassin, and I like to think he could beat police dude and early-mid tournament Cosmo.

One of the stronger fighters I think he would have actually stood a good chance against is Muteba, though that's mostly a subjective judgement on my part.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
all he needs to do is beat one other guy. okubo's still probably gonna get chumped, though. some dudes on the kengan side have to be, to demonstrate how strong the other side is.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I have a feeling the big shocker is going to be some Wu clan person utterly destroying a Kure.

Raian lost to Ohma early on but he specifically avoided using Kure techniques and Ohma still came out looking like hamburger. Him or someone supposed to be even tougher getting completely one-sidedly shithoused would be a moment.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 2, 2019

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Is Ryuki teaching Koga flame kata?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

my boy okubo is back and i bet hes gonna defeat fang (And probably die in the process)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol at kogas movement being an issue while Adam Dudley was ridiculous because he didn't need to move

Okubo being an actual MMA fighter would probably do well against wakatsuki because he was bad against grapplers

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
don't need to be good against grapplers when you can just grasp an arm that's got you in an otherwise completely solid hold and squeeze it in half

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Koga is going to learn hax from all the Kengan fighters and incorporate them so he becomes Fang 2.0

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Jose posted:

Lol at kogas movement being an issue while Adam Dudley was ridiculous because he didn't need to move

Okubo being an actual MMA fighter would probably do well against wakatsuki because he was bad against grapplers

yeah koga doesn't have dudley's Abnormally Strong Trunk though

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well ”Your footwork is poo poo” is a way more realistic problem than I was expecting.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

RatHat posted:

Well ”Your footwork is poo poo” is a way more realistic problem than I was expecting.

Seriously. This manga continues to surprise me in interesting ways.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Plutonis posted:

Koga is going to learn hax from all the Kengan fighters and incorporate them so he becomes Fang 2.0

I really hope so, Koga is growing on me

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Koga owns

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Koga was looking a lot like Ohma in that final tag game there

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fellis posted:

I really hope so, Koga is growing on me

He's done in a dozen chapters, what took Ohma most of the series to do: just calm down a bit.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

Oh right okay, so now all of a sudden strong fundamentals mean nothing. Right. Sure. Okay.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kaneda looks like a sex offender getting ready to molest somebody.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like Koga a lot as an underdog figure. He's aggressive, but in a way that doesn't quite cross the line into being a dumb rear end in a top hat and where he is able to understand his own weakness and appreciate when others are correct.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

fuepi posted:

I didn't know they made a Kengan fighting game in 2007!

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

fuepi posted:

This so much, wow. Who's the guy bottom right? Looks like an Ohma with brown hair. Only person missing from that poster is Okubo but he has short hair. Did they amalgamate a bunch of characters?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

bottom right is himuro

man wakatsuki and gensai look especially awful here, jesus

e: oh wait is bottom right gaolang, probably

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Magissima posted:

I didn't know they made a Kengan fighting game in 2007!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

good god kengan deserved so much better than this

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they butchered my man gensai's amazing hair

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Wow those models look loving terrible.

How did they gently caress up absolutely everyone's face so bad? I thought the advantage of CG was to have better fine detail, but they all look like a quality shot from a 70s anime.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
You win some, you lose some, it's all the same to me.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
gaolong... what did they do to you...

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

dogsicle posted:

bottom right is himuro

man wakatsuki and gensai look especially awful here, jesus

e: oh wait is bottom right gaolang, probably
Ahhh yeah Gaolang, look closely the character has long hair. Really bad that several of us couldn't tell who that character was meant to be.

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

Begemot posted:

Wow those models look loving terrible.

How did they gently caress up absolutely everyone's face so bad? I thought the advantage of CG was to have better fine detail, but they all look like a quality shot from a 70s anime.

That looks worse than any 70s anime, hell Kengan Ashura done in 70s style a'la the Tiger Mask anime would fuckin own.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

animelets BTFO once again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

frajaq posted:

animelets BTFO once again

Manga readers keep winning