Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The ultimate spoiler that is meaningless to anyone who's starting the show.

"Chronos is Rebecca Silver"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Season 1 doesn't exist :colbert:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

nine-gear crow posted:

Season 1 doesn't exist :colbert:

Season what?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ApeHawk posted:

Season what?

That Rebecca Silver romance novel between two star crossed hawk people

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
For a while I was terribly afraid that the golden egg was going to hatch into a hawk person.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Thern posted:

For a while I was terribly afraid that the golden egg was going to hatch into a hawk person.

Zari's gonna be the Mother of Dragons.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Elentor posted:

The ultimate spoiler that is meaningless to anyone who's starting the show.

"Chronos is Rebecca Silver"

Mick has had a lot of time to develop those novels in his head

also I will never get tired of how he writes hunt-and-peck in reading glasses on an ancient typewriter

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

Zari's gonna be the Mother of Dragons.

god dammit show you did this on purpose

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WhyteRyce posted:

That Rebecca Silver romance novel between two star crossed hawk people

Rebecca Silver would never write such a lovely story.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
She'd write it under a Pseudonym.

Maybe "Leonard Snart"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Mick has had a lot of time to develop those novels in his head

also I will never get tired of how he writes hunt-and-peck in reading glasses on an ancient typewriter

In order to be a skilled author, one must type like a skilled author.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Elentor posted:

Rebecca Silver would never write such a lovely story.

WHO WRITES THIS CRAP?! …WAIT. I DO!

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Really wondering what's gonna happen with that dragon egg myself...

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

A new Diaz will be born.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Binary Logic posted:

Me: Doom Patrol is the weirdest superhero show on tv right now

Legends of Tomorrow:

Doom Patrol replies: The Butts Are Loose!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Binary Logic posted:

Doom Patrol replies: The Butts Are Loose!

I want a Doom Patrol/Legends crossover so very very badly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really hope Doom Patrol is on Netflix once it finishes its TV run, like Titans.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

I want a Doom Patrol/Legends crossover so very very badly.

I'd love to see the Legends square off against Mr. Nobody.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

I'd love to see the Legends square off against Mr. Nobody.

The only way this can possibly end is Mr. Nobody, Time Dadaist

Ither
Jan 30, 2010
Speaking of butts, I appreciated the camera focusing on Nate's rear end when he was maneuvering threw the trip wires.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This show is a equal opportunity objectifier.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Nate did a cracking Catherine zeta Jones impression!

Edit re Doom Patrol, I unno. DP is loving dark and vicious and really messed up. I like it in a way but it's really tonally different from losers hijinks through space and time.

Sloth Life fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 5, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sloth Life posted:

Nate did a cracking Catherine zeta Jones impression!

Edit re Doom Patrol, I unno. DP is loving dark and vicious and really messed up. I like it in a way but it's really tonally different from losers hijinks through space and time.

DP is definitely a lot darker as fitting with the content from DC Universe. I'd say it's as dark or darker than Arrow during it height but it sorta rides on it even during more absurd scenes rather than pulling back every so often within the same episode.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
DP and Titans are completely separate from the Arrowverse, right?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Tarquinn posted:

DP and Titans are completely separate from the Arrowverse, right?

Yep. There's the Arrowverse (Flash, Arrow, LoT, Supergirl, Batwoman) and the DC Universe (Titans, DP), and then the various others (Black Lightning, Swamp Thing, Gotham, etc.) each in their own separate continuity.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Thanks! :tipshat:

I thought the jury’s still out on Black Lightning belonging to the Arrowverse?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Tarquinn posted:

It's on the CW but I believe they've explicitly said that it isn't part of the Arrowverse. It certainly hasn't made any on-screen reference to the other shows.

Of course, they could all end up being in the same multiverse if the people in charge decide that they are. Even retroactively. Like, I think the 1990 Flash series has been implied to be part of the Arrowverse even though the Arrowverse didn't exist when it was actually on TV.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tiggum posted:

It's on the CW but I believe they've explicitly said that it isn't part of the Arrowverse. It certainly hasn't made any on-screen reference to the other shows.

Of course, they could all end up being in the same multiverse if the people in charge decide that they are. Even retroactively. Like, I think the 1990 Flash series has been implied to be part of the Arrowverse even though the Arrowverse didn't exist when it was actually on TV.

Implied? They flat out folded it into the Arrowverse during Elseworlds.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Implied? They flat out folded it into the Arrowverse during Elseworlds.

Earth-90

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tarquinn posted:

Thanks! :tipshat:

S1 of Black Lightning had a character reading comics books of other DC characters which as far as we've seen hasn't happened in the Arrowverse. We do know there is merchandise for the Flash but haven't seen it for other characters.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tiggum posted:

Yep. There's the Arrowverse (Flash, Arrow, LoT, Supergirl, Batwoman) and the DC Universe (Titans, DP), and then the various others (Black Lightning, Swamp Thing, Gotham, etc.) each in their own separate continuity.

You don't mean "The DC Universe" as in "The DC Cinematic Universe", do you? Like the Titans Robin isn't Ben Affleck's Robin and the Doom Patrol's Cyborg isn't the Justice League's cyborg, right?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

STAC Goat posted:

You don't mean "The DC Universe" as in "The DC Cinematic Universe", do you? Like the Titans Robin isn't Ben Affleck's Robin and the Doom Patrol's Cyborg isn't the Justice League's cyborg, right?

no the films are always separate. DC Universe is referring to the DC streaming service originals. Movies are DCCU I guess?

fwiw Titans has SEVERAL Robins in it, and Doom Patrol's Cyborg gets to say entire lines of dialogue to other characters. They're both separate things at the moment but the tones of both aren't super different. I could totally see the characters from DP crossing over to Titans and not being jarringly out of place. Similar to the CW shows all being a bit different but meshing their casts well enough when they need to. So the streaming shows aren't a cohesive "universe" like the CW stuff but it still gets a name like that for being on a different service and I think the potential for crossovers is there, though unlikely

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 6, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

bring back old gbs posted:

no the films are always separate. DC Universe is referring to the DC streaming service originals. Movies are DCCU I guess?

fwiw Titans has SEVERAL Robins in it, and Doom Patrol's Cyborg gets to say entire lines of dialogue to other characters. They're both separate things at the moment but the tones of both aren't super different. I could totally see the characters from DP crossing over to Titans and not being jarringly out of place. Similar to the CW shows all being a bit different but meshing their casts well enough when they need to. So the streaming shows aren't a cohesive "universe" like the CW stuff but it still gets a name like that for being on a different service and I think the potential for crossovers is there, though unlikely

It's pretty obvious in hindsight that DC would keep away from crossing over shows that just premiered in the event they don't take off or the service fails.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bring back old gbs posted:

What is cyborg doing over on Doom Patrol? Is he a standin for Robotman?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Geoff Johns of DC loves him some Cyborg. Just count yourself lucky he didn't demand Hal Jordan be in it.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Chokes McGee posted:

Robotman is there too.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chokes McGee posted:

If Robotman is Cliff the Ex racecar driver then nope, He's in it too. Also Rita, the golden age movie star/blob lady. Jane the multiple personality girl. and bandage man/The negative spirit.

They're all a bunch of duds kicking around a dusty mansion and Cyborg is just as broken as all of them, but since he's a well known superhero in the show's universe the team sort of looks to him like a leader.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh no, confident Gary.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

Oh no, confident Gary.

"Is Gary cool now?"

e: Matt Ryan is having a fun night tonight

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I refuse to believe Gary was able to put the whammy on Nora.