Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
The Pacifier in an empty theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

food court bailiff posted:

If the movie was half as bad as people claim, then the people that made it could easily have their opinions discounted wholesale for having been dumb enough to appear in it. :colbert:

Studio replaced the entire script after everyone signed contracts. The actors decided since they couldn't get out of it they would just be drunk the entire time.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

i went to an early showing of cutthroat island with tickets my buddy won from a radio station call-in and got a free poster.

i wish i still had that poster.

e: also went to see radioland murders with that same friend

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BgRdMchne posted:

i went to an early showing of cutthroat island with tickets my buddy won from a radio station call-in and got a free poster.

i wish i still had that poster.

cutthroat island was kind of fun and alright though, I enjoyed it.
and long kiss goodnight

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I went to the opening showing of one of the really bad Scary Movie movies (can't remember if it was 3 or 4 or 5) with a friend, and literally the only other person in the theater was an old biker dude. If you for some reason weren't aware, that tells you everything you need to know about how bad that movie was.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

unfortunately, i missed the AUG thread's birthday but here's a belated submission from the wild to make up for it

this is a hairbrush i found in a drugstore where someone tested it before deciding not to purchase it

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I hate hair.

Frickin Wal-Mart, when I worked there, someone cut their hair off and dropped it on the floor in the panty aisle which I found. Just a goddamn pile of hair.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Picnic Princess posted:

I hate hair.

Frickin Wal-Mart, when I worked there, someone cut their hair off and dropped it on the floor in the panty aisle which I found. Just a goddamn pile of hair.

What the gently caress.

When I worked at Wal-Mart I ran into all sorts of crazy people. When I worked at Target we had a phantom fitting-room shitter. She'd get a pile of clothing, throw it on the floor, and poo poo in the middle.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

a while back i was in dollarama and someone shat in the candy aisle and just continued shopping, oblivious to the admittedly histrionic screaming from other customers

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Scathach posted:

What the gently caress.

When I worked at Wal-Mart I ran into all sorts of crazy people. When I worked at Target we had a phantom fitting-room shitter. She'd get a pile of clothing, throw it on the floor, and poo poo in the middle.

We had that problem too. Also once someone carried a turd into the store to place inside a hanging pair of lacy pink panties. A couple once involved me in their fetish when she flashed her bra at me while staring me in the eyes while he yelled "HELLO NURSE" because the universe is poo poo and I hate it.

Working the lingerie and sleepwear department was a wild ride.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I worked at Best Buy and watched a kid jiggle a poo poo out of the bottom of his pant leg, pick it up, and hand it to an employee before she realized what it was, and just hosed off into the video game area.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

i also worked at best buy and if that story isn't a perfect analogy for the entire experience i don't know what is

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I worked at Best Buy and watched a kid jiggle a poo poo out of the bottom of his pant leg, pick it up, and hand it to an employee before she realized what it was, and just hosed off into the video game area.

I think you've told this story 3 or 4 times now and it never fails to bring a smile to my face.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Is there a retail insanity thread anywhere?

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

When I worked at a laser tag place as a teenager, part of my job was scouring the arena for literal poo poo.
Sometimes I found loose change during my nightly inspections.
Yes, occasionally the two coincided.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

The Mighty Moltres posted:

When I worked at a laser tag place as a teenager, part of my job was scouring the arena for literal poo poo.
Sometimes I found loose change during my nightly inspections.
Yes, sometimes the two coincided.

rear end pennies tokens?

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

jonsicoli posted:

rear end pennies tokens?

Quarters most of the time.
One of my co-workers would rinse them off in the sink on the single washroom and play Area 51 with them.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

He quit when our boss sold the machine.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The worst hair thing:. I live behind a high school. That means my yard is the lint trap for teens.

My god, there's been so many times I got my guts ready to clean up a dead animal only to find it's the ugliest weave I've ever seen. Lots of weaves. Endless amounts of snack packages and fast food wrappers, but the weaves are the worst. They just look so hosed up, wet and bedraggled on the ground, the mesh lining looking like drying flesh curling in the sun.

Highschool kids are so nasty. Hair is so nasty. Everything is just so, so nasty.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

BgRdMchne posted:

I love this movie and I was pretty sure nobody else in the entire world had ever seen it. :blush:

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
The theatrepub I worked at for a while had some dude decide that, yes the urinal is a completely ok and normal place to take a tremendous poo poo.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Dreadwroth2 posted:

The theatrepub I worked at for a while had some dude decide that, yes the urinal is a completely ok and normal place to take a tremendous poo poo.

As long as he gets a hand in there and mixes it up real good

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I once worked at a toy store at the mall and just stood, watching in disbelief as a woman changed her baby's diaper and then "hid" the dirty diaper behind some board games.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
When I worked at Meijer’s I saw an Amish woman poo poo herself while she continued walking. Across the aisle in front of the checkout. Dozens of people saw it and started screaming. Not liquid. These were solid adult-sized turds. Oh my god.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
I had a weekend job in a cheese shop in secondary school. We had one elderly man who would come in, ask to sniff various cheese samples, and then sick up on the floor in front of the counter. The owner of the shop was "customer is always right" type, and told us to keep on giving him samples if requested. BAD JOB!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

BattyKiara posted:

I had a weekend job in a cheese shop in secondary school. We had one elderly man who would come in, ask to sniff various cheese samples, and then sick up on the floor in front of the counter. The owner of the shop was "customer is always right" type, and told us to keep on giving him samples if requested. BAD JOB!

I suppose no point in you both making a show of intolerance

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I worked in a restaurant, and one time we all saw some family decide that their child didn't need one of our fancy porcelain plates, and that our nasty laminated menu would suffice.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Iron Crowned posted:

I worked in a restaurant, and one time we all saw some family decide that their child didn't need one of our fancy porcelain plates, and that our nasty laminated menu would suffice.

How does that even work? Like they asked for food but asked you to use the menu? or did they share and just chuck it on the menu?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Croatoan posted:

How does that even work? Like they asked for food but asked you to use the menu? or did they share and just chuck it on the menu?

They kept the menu, and just chucked food on it instead of asking for an extra plate.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

They kept the menu, and just chucked food on it instead of asking for an extra plate.

Depending on how deep into the day's service that is, that could be pretty drat disgusting. One place I worked at only got a chance to give them a cursory disinfectant wipe at closing.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Brawnfire posted:

Depending on how deep into the day's service that is, that could be pretty drat disgusting. One place I worked at only got a chance to give them a cursory disinfectant wipe at closing.

Yeah, we were basically a fast casual Taco Bell, the disinfectant wipe wasn't always guaranteed.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, we were basically a fast casual Taco Bell, the disinfectant wipe wasn't always guaranteed.

Oh hey, mine was also a casual Mexican eatery, must be traditional to have most of the food displayed as a texture on the plastic menu.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

wesleywillis posted:

i don't think so but tbh i worry that it would quickly devolve into current retail employees venting about old woman no. 1973737612 who wants some imaginary item and loses her mind when she doesn't get it. retail is 95% old people holding workers captive to their overwhelming loneliness

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

HEY DID I TELL YOU GUYS ABOUT THE MEATGRINDER STORY YET

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

cash crab posted:

i don't think so but tbh i worry that it would quickly devolve into current retail employees venting about old woman no. 1973737612 who wants some imaginary item and loses her mind when she doesn't get it. retail is 95% old people holding workers captive to their overwhelming loneliness

I know old people take their flowers very seriously.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

wesleywillis posted:

Here you go:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3323091&pagenumber=593&perpage=40

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

cash crab posted:

HEY DID I TELL YOU GUYS ABOUT THE MEATGRINDER STORY YET

So you cooked up a story and threw the rest of us in da meat grindah!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/1124375373356072960?s=21

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
What's up with people making GBS threads in changing rooms? My wife worked for Macy's but said she had a poop free career there.

Maybe the old ladies are pinching their loaves at Nordstrom's instead for that really upscale experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lordy I recall a lady 20 years ago pooping in the bakery of a Safeway, picking it up and smearing it all over the bread aisle.
She took pinching a loaf too literally.