Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

hjow do i poo poo on a podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I dont know if he still does it but rogan would get reaaallly up in arms about any accusation of a comedian stealing jokes unless the accused was white. He was at the point of showing up where mencia was performing to cause a scene and if he wanted rogan to stop saying he stole jokes to fight him, but then he didnt say anything about Robin Williams until after he died and then goes "yeah i have lots of friends who would just get a check after robin saw them performing in a club like clockwork". Someone called him on being super antagonistic to mencia but not saying anything about schumer and responded "well ive only heard that a few times and i dont believe it" or something like that. This was back when schumer had the comedy central show and people hadnt realized she was just using most of lisa lampinelli's schtick of "lol im a fat slut craaaazy right?"

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My only exposure to him was back when Faction existed and he would periodically appear on the Jason Ellis show. And yeah the college sophomore comparison is apt.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the mencia thing was a lot of comedy store drama that boiled over it sounds like, and they went pretty deep on schumer a few times, prolly most with hannibal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk5EiCLQ9Is

edit: also with mencia he'd tell other people's stuff when they were there, not giving a gently caress. rogan give schumer an out by saying it could be a writer, so i see what you're saying

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 3, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I never saw Joe Rogan in anything I watched after Newsradio ended so it was pretty shocking to see him doing the same strange macho conspiracy theorist character except IRL.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

newsradio was really good

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Rogan's an airhead but he's definitely a right wing airhead. I doubt his political guest bookings range from right wing to alt right just by random accident.

Not that that matters hugely or anything, I'm just saying he's hardly moderate or apolitical.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i like him for his comedy and his stories on ufc and hunting and poo poo, and when he gets comedians or scientists or historians on.

his neil degrasse tyson interview was really good, his jake the snake interview was fantastic, but yeah im not clicking on that jordan peterson poo poo

idk im not all about getting politics from a guy who does ufc commentary but ill listen to a dude talk about black holes and grizzly bears and poo poo

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

talk about black holes and grizzly bears and poo poo

New thread title

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

newsradio was really good

Only because of Phil Hartman

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

hjow do i poo poo on a podcast

itunes reviews.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Syrian Lannister posted:

Only because of Phil Hartman

dave foley and stephen root? come on

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

dave foley and stephen root? come on

Newsradio lost a lot of what made it really good when Hartman died. Foley and Root were still amazing, but without the presence that Hartman had it just wasn't the same.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

Newsradio lost a lot of what made it really good when Hartman died. Foley and Root were still amazing, but without the presence that Hartman had it just wasn't the same.

In retrospect I love Jon Lovitz as the replacement. That he smashed Andy Dick's face into a bar is just wonderful and it makes him a hero in my eyes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah thats completely correct

idk what other show would survive something like that happening, jfc i remember seeing the news reports about it happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP0gtE3KFZ0

rogan goes into it a bit, basically talking about how rad hartman was

also yeah lovitz owns

quote:

Laugh Factory owner Jamie Masada, who witnessed the assault, said, "Jon picked Andy up by the head and smashed him into the bar four or five times, and blood started pouring out of his nose." Lovitz told Page Six, "All the comedians are glad I did it because this guy is a [bleep]hole." [...]
Last year, Lovitz related, a drunken Dick strolled up to his table at Ago in West Hollywood, rudely downed his guests' peach liqueur drinks, and "looked at me and said, 'I put the "Phil Hartman hex" on you - you're the next one to die.' I said, 'What did you say?' and he repeated it. I wanted to punch his face in, but I don't hit women."

When the two ran into each other at the Laugh Factory last Wednesday, "I wanted him to say he was sorry for the 'Phil Hartman hex,' " Lovitz told us. "First he says, 'I don't remember saying that.' Then he leans in and says, 'You know why I said it? Because you said I killed Phil Hartman.' Which I never said. Then he asked me to be in his new movie.

"I grabbed him by the shirt and leaned him over and said, 'I don't want to be in your movie! I don't want to be in your life!' I pushed him against the rail. Then I pushed him again really hard. A security guard broke it up. I'm not proud of it . . . but he's a disgusting human being." Dick's rep said he had no comment.

the "you killed phil hartman" line might be about the rumor that andy dick gave hartman's wife the coke that played so nicely with her zoloft.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It was explicitly that, and it's true. Pretty hosed up that Dick has lived longer than Hartman did despite doing everything wrong.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ive heard it forever but never checked it out bc it was just too grim for me

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Reverse Watergate!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...ingawful.com%2F

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Checking the NYT front page and there's literally nothing on there about any of that.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

psydude posted:

Checking the NYT front page and there's literally nothing on there about any of that.

He's watching the teevee again. NYT covered it yesterday morning.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1124288666657021952?s=19

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

Honestly I'm willing to brush off the weird creepiness cuz he sure seems to do that to everyone which makes it more of a personal space issue than a sexual harassment issue so eh, I can live with it

but praising Cheney man? He's really aiming for the dumb american moderate crowd I guess

I wish you hosed off forever hth. Tired of your milquetoast poo poo all the loving time.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Trump is the physical embodiment of so many sci-fi tropes. His brain has turned in to Swiss cheese so severely that he has just allowed technology to become his brain extension and do all his thinking for him. There's no person left in his head, he's just a series of instinctual reactions and ongoing biological processes that act as a conduit for whatever the TV plugs in to him.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

He's the living embodiment of the seven deadly sins. Most christians love him for it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There is an eighth deadly sin. Wearing funny pants to a funeral.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1124294253289594880?s=19

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/katzonearth/status/1124143864640606208?s=21

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

The vanguard of liberal media.

It's all access politics to them, just a game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

lookin up phil hartman stuff and god drat he was great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5wfPlgKFh8

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

There's a great Citations Needed episode on what bullshit WashPo and (especially) NYT's editorial board is, and how articles by "the editorial board" are almost universally calls for conservative inaction and the status quo or further benefits for the wealthy. Guests from FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting).

http://traffic.libsyn.com/citationsneeded/Citations_ep16_final.mp3?dest-id=542191

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It may not have been the direct cause, but I think a lot of people agree that Phil Hartman's death was around the time that The Simpsons started getting bad.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/mollymotoole/status/1124301976366456833?s=19

Some good Friday humo(u)r

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fister Roboto posted:

It may not have been the direct cause, but I think a lot of people agree that Phil Hartman's death was around the time that The Simpsons started getting bad.

That also coincided with a lot of Simpson's writers moving on with their careers

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/newtgingrich/st...ingawful.com%2F

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

And the current top news story on my phone is them going on about how great the economy is. This place is hosed lmao

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
So I'm sure you guys are sick of hearing from me about this, but we're less than six months into the 116th Congress and already HR 553 has about 260 cosponsors.

Why is this important?

When the Democrats took control of the House they changed some of the procedural rules. One of them is a rule that says if a bill gets a supermajority of the House to cosponsor it (290 cosponsors), the bill's sponsor can bypass the committee process and it gets put into a queue for a floor vote. The House has to bring one bill from the queue (the "Consensus Calendar") to the floor every week. Currently the Consensus Calendar is empty, so hitting that threshold pretty much guarantees a vote.

The bill is 30 cosponsors away from being eligible to be brought to the floor in this manner, and I would love to hear Congress try to squirm out of having to avoid passing this bill despite currently having 320 members in support of it (260 in the House, 60 in the Senate).

Please for the love of gently caress, if your Congressfucker isn't already a cosponsor of this bill, take the time to call their office to ask why not. Put the screws to 'em.

A list of cosponsors can be found here, it's updated every few days. Or if you're a lazy sack of poo poo, you can PM me and I'll tell you whether or not your Congressfucker has cosponsored or not. And that you're a lazy sack of poo poo.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Milo and POTUS posted:

And the current top news story on my phone is them going on about how great the economy is. This place is hosed lmao

It's so dumb too because I keep hearing people who are Dems or lean dem in DC say the same poo poo and "oh no, if the economy is good, then Trump is a shoe in!" without a hint of irony or realizing that, hey the economy is great for people on wall street or live on the coasts...other places, not so much.

It's like they didn't get the memo that even when the economy was "doing great!" in 2016, most people couldn't loving tell because of how lopsided wealth is in this country. Saying it till your blue in the face doesn't change anything for people who are underemployed or living in rust belt areas that have been hosed.

I mean Warren and Sanders seem to get it...wonder when everyone else will get the loving memo.

EDIT: My Congressman is co-sponsoring, McNally. I'll call them later on today though and just mention that I'm glad he's doing so and hope he sees it through.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 3, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

McNally posted:

So I'm sure you guys are sick of hearing from me about this, but we're less than six months into the 116th Congress and already HR 553 has about 260 cosponsors.

Why is this important?

When the Democrats took control of the House they changed some of the procedural rules. One of them is a rule that says if a bill gets a supermajority of the House to cosponsor it (290 cosponsors), the bill's sponsor can bypass the committee process and it gets put into a queue for a floor vote. The House has to bring one bill from the queue (the "Consensus Calendar") to the floor every week. Currently the Consensus Calendar is empty, so hitting that threshold pretty much guarantees a vote.

The bill is 30 cosponsors away from being eligible to be brought to the floor in this manner, and I would love to hear Congress try to squirm out of having to avoid passing this bill despite currently having 320 members in support of it (260 in the House, 60 in the Senate).

Please for the love of gently caress, if your Congressfucker isn't already a cosponsor of this bill, take the time to call their office to ask why not. Put the screws to 'em.

A list of cosponsors can be found here, it's updated every few days. Or if you're a lazy sack of poo poo, you can PM me and I'll tell you whether or not your Congressfucker has cosponsored or not. And that you're a lazy sack of poo poo.

Well, my Congressman's already sponsoring this.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

mine too

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

McNally posted:

Why is this important?

Just called Al Lawson's office because WTF Al?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Just called Al Lawson's office because WTF Al?

Al Lawson cosponsored HR 846 last go-around, so double WTF, Al?