Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Mavs should probably chill for another year and get another good draft pick/maybe take some fliers on guys. Bringing in veteran players right now seems not ideal. Luka is really good but he certainly still is on his growth curve and probably isn't ready to be the guy on a competitive team yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Lockback posted:

Mavs should probably chill for another year and get another good draft pick/maybe take some fliers on guys. Bringing in veteran players right now seems not ideal. Luka is really good but he certainly still is on his growth curve and probably isn't ready to be the guy on a competitive team yet.

do you think that type of season will convince Porzingis to re-sign?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Aye Doc posted:

do you think that type of season will convince Porzingis to re-sign?

I forgot that Zing was in a contract year. Well crap, I'd still want to test the waters with him to see that he can play and at a high level but if you think you're going to be giving a mini-max or near-mini-max to Zing anyway you probably need to shoot your wad this season regardless.

You don't want to be in a situation where right when one group of guys are starting to get good your other money players are falling off but I guess Dallas already cast that die.

Edit: Well, Porzingis is a RFA anyway, so you really don't need to convince him to sign. But this is probably the last season with significant cap space.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Porzingis has made noise about taking the qualifying offer this summer but I don't think you really need to take it that seriously

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

MourningView posted:

Porzingis has made noise about taking the qualifying offer this summer but I don't think you really need to take it that seriously

That was just when he was with the Knicks though, right? He seemed happy to be in Dallas and I doubt he turns down guaranteed money because he wants to compete THIS season and not NEXT season. The cap situation to me seems a lot more significant.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Lockback posted:

That was just when he was with the Knicks though, right? He seemed happy to be in Dallas and I doubt he turns down guaranteed money because he wants to compete THIS season and not NEXT season. The cap situation to me seems a lot more significant.

this is from right after the trade
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1091080742749253632

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Do Wizards fans have something to hope for again?

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/report-toronto-raptors-masai-ujiri-intrigued-by-wizards-opening-140443431.html

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i doubt he can trade for kawhi leonard again

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Lockback posted:

I think it kinda depends who they can bring in. I don't think a Kemba makes the team a contender or anything but he's a player crush of mine and I'd be happy with a fun team after the last few years. Another Harrison Barnes type deal would be a huge waste of time.

I'd pretty OK if the team just targeted mid tier 3 and d types and added some rebounding, though. I wouldn't put money on a playoff berth but I think Luka + porzingis + not shooting like 32% on open threes would make for a much stronger and more entertaining team

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1123698084494630913?s=19

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Does this mean Derrick Rosas is back?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
There is hope in Wolvestown!! :toot:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Minnesota continuing it's odd habit of scooping up Houston's castoffs/2nd tier pieces.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/hoopshype/status/1123702886616129536

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1123796291442675713?s=19

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
If Monty Williams goes to Suns. Lue is 100% the Lakers coach.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Athanatos posted:

If Monty Williams goes to Suns. Lue is 100% the Lakers coach.

Ugh, more childish anti-Laker shitposting.

It could also still be Jason Kidd.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Monty has been through enough.

I know Kemba looks like a consolation prize but I think if the Lakers can hit the AD trade and also sign Kemba, they're right back in the mix. Lonzo could throw lobs to CHEICK DIALLO in Norleans. I would guess a Kemba signing would be a signal that more extreme things haven't worked.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 2, 2019

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Kemba and Lonzo could play together, but I think Lonzo was signalling hard to get out of LA.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Lockback posted:

Kemba and Lonzo could play together, but I think Lonzo was signalling hard to get out of LA.

his dad was angling for phoenix so he could be A Starting Point Guard but tbh i think he and lonzo are on the outs at this point and lonzo just wants a fresh start

i dunno if the pelicans have a ton of interest in the lakers trade package for ad or if it was mostly spite but i think ad gets moved to boston or (wildcard) brooklyn although that bounty of first round picks looks pretty lovely going into the draft

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

Ugh, more childish anti-Laker shitposting.

It could also still be Jason Kidd.

This is really not necessary.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
If the Lakers want a point guard, I’d be down for a trade

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

NickRoweFillea posted:

If the Lakers want a point guard, I’d be down for a trade

I would love that one.

To me the nightmare scenario is a Chris Paul for-young-player(s) trade but I am hoping with Earv gone that is not in the cards.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Rick posted:

I would love that one.

To me the nightmare scenario is a Chris Paul for-young-player(s) trade but I am hoping with Earv gone that is not in the cards.

They could definitely do worse than Conley. Mike is everything you’d want with Lebron. Facilitation, shooting, defending, and being a good locker room presence would go a long way.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

This is really not necessary.

I'm just teasing you man

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

the perfect LeBron pg is pbev

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

MourningView posted:

I'm just teasing you man

If this were Kawalimus, it'd already be a reality.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

AggressivelyStupid posted:

the perfect LeBron pg is pbev

Its kyrie

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Pat Bev makes a lot of sense in theory because he can shoot, plays D, and would be fine standing in a corner while LeBron dominates the ball, but they could really use another reliable shot creator. I guess Ingram could kinda be that but he's not really at the level they need him to be yet and ideally it'd be someone who also can space the floor.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 3, 2019

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The spacing part is key, because Ingram was the 11th best iso player in the league but defenses are also aware of the fact that he basically will only take threes until he misses one and then stops, so defenses dont' guard him particularly close without the ball.

Patrick Beverly would be a pretty nice fit, but I half think he would probably take less money to stay with the Clippers because he seems like he's found a nice home there.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

pbev is perfect because of all the previously mentioned things but yall are forgetting Lebron's love of having a guy like Perk on the team to throw 'bows and pbev gives you that too

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

pat bev is coming to chicago to execute jim boylen's Basketball Vision, i am willing this into existence

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1124337327227195392?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1124340799800528897?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1124372685281214464?s=19

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

that’s extremely underwhelming but i guess they could’ve done worse

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Declan MacManus posted:

that’s extremely underwhelming but i guess they could’ve done worse

I'm not sure why you'd can Luke Walton for Ty Lue, but if you were losing your locker room w/e. I don't think Ty Lue hurts a veteran team and in general players seemed to listen to him enough (despite tortilla soup throwing incidents).

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

im ded
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1124387878941986817?s=19

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

I'm not sure why you'd can Luke Walton for Ty Lue, but if you were losing your locker room w/e. I don't think Ty Lue hurts a veteran team and in general players seemed to listen to him enough (despite tortilla soup throwing incidents).

His last locker room was toxic enough that his best player spent a solid month pouting until half of the team was finally traded, and his second best player demanded a trade going into the season, so are we sure this is true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

His last locker room was toxic enough that his best player spent a solid month pouting until half of the team was finally traded, and his second best player demanded a trade going into the season, so are we sure this is true?

Steve Kerr and Greg Popvich are bad coaches too by this standard.