Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Uhhh Costco switched my annual dues payment card from my usual Chase card to a Costco Citi that I've never used. Now I have an outstanding payment and late fees with Citi bank because the billing address was a previous residence. Has this happened to anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Boss/my Father showed up to the office with a COSTCO SUPREME PIZZA

holy poo poo my dudez.

Bless up

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Boss/my Father showed up to the office with a COSTCO SUPREME PIZZA

holy poo poo my dudez.

Bless up

Just one?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
poo poo you're right.

Bless down

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Has anyone bought one of the Blackstone memory foam mattresses off of Costco.com? Pretty nice deal with frame and all.

https://www.costco.com/Blackstone-Full-Set-12%E2%80%9D-Memory-Foam-Mattress-and-Platform-Bed.product.100306816.html

:shrug:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Renegret posted:

Went to Costco for just the bare essentials today.

Left with $350 full of non essentials.

All that non essential stuff is LUXURY my man. You're living luxurious

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Has anyone bought one of the Blackstone memory foam mattresses off of Costco.com? Pretty nice deal with frame and all.

https://www.costco.com/Blackstone-Full-Set-12%E2%80%9D-Memory-Foam-Mattress-and-Platform-Bed.product.100306816.html

:shrug:

If you hate the mattress you're going to have to end up returning the whole set

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 2, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I have to say that I loved my memory foam mattress but holy poo poo are they hard as a rock when it’s cold.

I definitely wouldn’t buy one unless you can return it easy.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Went to church for essentials and ended up taking home some prepared Indian food that was pretty tasty.

I’m sure it’s no where near authentic but gently caress it, I’ll take tasty any day.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

MRC48B posted:

Those kits are "DIY" for people who own their own vacuum pump, or "know a guy".

Would not recommend those to anyone unless you already know what you are doing, or are willing to buy that unit twice to learn the hard way.

Not clicking on all those to search them out, but some of the MRCOOL systems come pre-charged. You just pop the seal once everything else is installed.

I subscribe to this dude and he put one in a few weeks back. "Tighten some nuts" and "turn some valves" doesn't seem too complicated if you follow the directions and do it in the right order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWNlIYFFqM&t=812s

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Thwomp posted:

Went to church for essentials and ended up taking home some prepared Indian food that was pretty tasty.

I’m sure it’s no where near authentic but gently caress it, I’ll take tasty any day.
I’ve tried both the microwaveable pouches of lentils and chickpeas and they’re both pretty good. Very heavy on the salt of course.

The pouches of brown rice & quinoa with garlic are real nice too (screw cooking rice if I’m making that little of it).

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have the Tasty Bites Tikka Masala and Madras Lentils in the microwave pouches. Just make some rice and dump it over that.

Not bad.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Hitting up the ‘Stco later. What’s the current best giftin’ liquor there up to like fifty bucks?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

poisonpill posted:

Hitting up the ‘Stco later. What’s the current best giftin’ liquor there up to like fifty bucks?

I guess it depends on the recipient? Also depends on where you live. In CA I'd go with the $48 cognac, Knob Creek handle, Cazadores 1l of reposado AND añejo, or a scotch of preferred origin.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

El Jebus posted:

I guess it depends on the recipient? Also depends on where you live. In CA I'd go with the $48 cognac, Knob Creek handle, Cazadores 1l of reposado AND añejo, or a scotch of preferred origin.

You spelled Casamigos wrong there, buddy.

Agree “best” is very subjective.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Ultimate Mango posted:

You spelled Cazadores wrong there, buddy.

No I didn't :colbert:

And yeah, they have a lot of good booze.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

poisonpill posted:

That giant like 3 liter bottle of wine from last holiday season.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

El Jebus posted:

I need my ‘Co to stock that Knob Creek handle. drat.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

And the winner was the Knob Creek handle. (And one for me). Thanks. The cognac is a good idea for anyone else in the future

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Virigoth posted:

I need my ‘Co to stock that Knob Creek handle. drat.

Mine occasionally has their Rye, too. Turns out one of the Costcos here is the leader amongst Costcos in hard alcohol sales (maybe in CA, maybe all of them, wife heard it from a rep at a conference and she didn't specify). It always has a huge booze selection and carries all those super expensive bottles in the display case. I'm truly blessed with it's presence.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

poisonpill posted:

And the winner was the Knob Creek handle. (And one for me). Thanks. The cognac is a good idea for anyone else in the future

Gifting a handle of medium shelf liquor seems pretty gauche

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Taima posted:

Yeah, I'd rather give a bottle of Booker's for around $50-60 than a handle of Knob Creek as a gift.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Completely forgot graduation is this weekend. Weekday nights are usually relaxed but tonight it was packed. Tons of people blocking the aisles and fawning over their kids with other parents. Cake carts blocking all the veggies in the cooler. People walking three carts wide down the wrong side of the aisle. Second worst Costco experience I've had overall. If I ever become an upper middle class dude who drives an SUV to get groceries and walks slowly down the left side of the aisles while on a Bluetooth headset, I give anyone and everyone permission to kill me.

They did have an oled 55" LG on clearance for $1,400 though. Seemed like a good deal but we just got a TV in 2015 so it's hard to justify it even at that price. Anyone looking for a tv might wanna check their local warehouse.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Taima posted:

I agree, anyone who expects more than Old Crow isn't worth being friends with because they've monetized the friendship.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Taima posted:

Im white trash, so anyone gives that to me, they're my best friend.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I agree, anyone who expects more than Old Crow isn't worth being friends with because they've monetized the friendship.
At least get Old Crow Reserve for the special people you care about.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

david_a posted:

The Kirkland pulled pork is phenomenal in case someone hasn’t tried it.

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh.

But I lived in Memphis a long time, my standards are high.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

GORDON posted:

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh.

But I lived in Memphis a long time, my standards are high.
Does the pulled pork you’re comparing it to come in a 2lb refrigerated tub for $9.99? Didn’t think so :colbert:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

lol this is one hell of a hot take.

Hows the flavoring on the pulled pork? I might have to get some I kinda wanna try a breakfast scramble with it.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

MarcusSA posted:

Hows the flavoring on the pulled pork? I might have to get some I kinda wanna try a breakfast scramble with it.
There’s no real seasoning on it although it’s miles more flavorful than any other store-bought pulled pork I’ve had.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Taima posted:

Lol...depends on the person.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

david_a posted:

There’s no real seasoning on it although it’s miles more flavorful than any other store-bought pulled pork I’ve had.

Ok cool it’s going on the list for next trip!

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

MarcusSA posted:

Ok cool it’s going on the list for next trip!
Pro-tip is to cut it in half (at least) and freeze those chunks. 2lbs of pulled pork is a massive quantity unless you’re feeding a bunch of people.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

david_a posted:

Isn’t it hickory-smoked?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

david_a posted:

Pro-tip is to cut it in half (at least) and freeze those chunks. 2lbs of pulled pork is a massive quantity unless you’re feeding a bunch of people.

Well I’ll go through it in about 4 days...

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Lazyhound posted:

Isn’t it hickory-smoked?
Yeah but that’s not really a “seasoning” in my book. There’s no sauce or spice mix in it unlike some of non-Kirkland prepared meat tubs they also carry.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've had the pulled pork before at a party. It's not bad but you definitely need some sort of seasoning or BBQ sauce (which is what I did).

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

MarcusSA posted:

lol this is one hell of a hot take.

It would be great for that, it has no flavor outside of "meat".

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Bloodplay it again posted:

They did have an oled 55" LG on clearance for $1,400 though. Seemed like a good deal but we just got a TV in 2015 so it's hard to justify it even at that price. Anyone looking for a tv might wanna check their local warehouse.

Costco OLED prices are terrible. The 55" have been selling online for below $1k routinely in the last month or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Costco OLED prices are terrible. The 55" have been selling online for below $1k routinely in the last month or two.

Yeah I was gonna say $1500 seems like way too much for that.