Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Horse blocked 2 or 3 OTHER horses, but the fuss was raised by an unrelated horse so that he could get the 1st place horse dq'd and become the winner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the horse meant to do it

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I don't care either way, just curious, but is there some sort of governing body that could overturn that decision?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I don't care either way, just curious, but is there some sort of governing body that could overturn that decision?

The governing body is the ones who made the decision, I believe.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

But horse who complained about horses getting blocked was neither blocked nor anywhere near first nor did objection horse win.

After the 1982 Brazilian Grand Prix, Renault successfully objected to Nelson Piquet and Keke Rosberg using a loophole to run their cars underweight, giving their own driver Alain Prost the post-race W. It didn't really matter that pretty much the entire field was using the same loophole; they only objected to the winner "cheating".

There's no point complaining about the other horses doing the same if it doesn't affect your position. :shrug:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

To be fair, they could be booing the governor. He is not a popular man.

Impossible. Locals don't go to Derby

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Armitage posted:

I'd just call my horse, Horse.

Horace Horse.

Or a name which was vaguely inappropriate but enough that they would allow me to keep the name.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

CBJSprague24 posted:

Horace Horse.

Or a name which was vaguely inappropriate but enough that they would allow me to keep the name.

Whorse.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

The objective best name for a horse ever was Potoooooooo, sorry.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the horse knew it was doing, it is in international waters right now on a barge full of luxury oats

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Also just in: by the amount of people quoting the "rubbing is racing" line from Days of Thunder, horses are apparently now cars.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I think the funniest part of this is that every year NBC banks on the Derby winner as a potential Triple Crown contender to drive ratings for Preakness and Belmont, because nobody will give a poo poo otherwise. Maximum Security was this year's frontrunner and like the fifth year in a row that the Derby favorite won, but thanks to this hilarious technicality one of the field's longest shots ended up "winning" and has basically no shot at the other races.

Preakness will probably still draw well because this whole thing was so absurd and unprecedented that people will tune in just to see what happens next. But uh, good luck with those Belmont ratings.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

cat_herder posted:

The objective best name for a horse ever was Potoooooooo, sorry.

Lmao oh my God.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

:lol: the fans are booing.

I'd pull for a horse with a simple name. Like Bill.

Go Bill The Horse.
Dick Trickle

Or go the opposite way and name it after Pablo Picasso's full name

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Has to suck being a horse named Game Winner, but you lost the race.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Don't worry, POTUS weighing in here: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1125026404482146305

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Is life even worth living anymore?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Only in these days of political correctness could the Derby be politicized.

o wai-

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Only in these days of political correctness could the Derby be politicized.

o wai-

Lol and the tweet is gone already.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

It's back, with Kentucky spelled correctly this time https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1125067530828173313

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Horse that came in first will not run in Preakness. Now horse that won will not run in Preakness either.

NBC execs already crying over ratings. Maybe there will be a rematch in the Belmont.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

After finally watching a replay, DQ Horse definitely drifted into other horse's face and got in his path

But the horse that won and was not impeded filing the objection instead of the horse that was impeded is very odd.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

rafikki posted:

It's back, with Kentucky spelled correctly this time https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1125067530828173313

I would think Trump would be appreciative of the 2nd place horse getting the win through technicalities :trumpsmug:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Maryland, My Maryland is to the same music as O, Christmas Tree. :eng101:

e- Horsey 9, you forgot something.

e2- Jesus, the riderless horse is going to beat a couple of the ones with jockeys.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 19, 2019

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

That has to hurt.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

CBJSprague24 posted:

Maryland, My Maryland is to the same music as O, Christmas Tree. :eng101:

e- Horsey 9, you forgot something.

e2- Jesus, the riderless horse is going to beat a couple of the ones with jockeys.

Riderless horse added lightness.

Lol he ran two laps without a jockey

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Horse sabotage.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
lmao that the jockey dressed like ronald mcdonald got thrown

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmccP620LZQ

fast cars loose anus posted:

lmao that the jockey dressed like ronald mcdonald got thrown

It was a metaphor for the praise of this sport for its riders beating horses to go faster.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

A horse died at Pimlico yesterday and the race it died in was won by a horse named Covfefe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Horse.