Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

You already posted the Miko bits, everything else pales in comparison to the Almighty and Humanitarian Taoist.

There's another Miko bit in the afterword, actually:

Sumireko posted:

Now, it doesn't really matter, but I'm sure you're curious so I'll jot it down. The winner of the fireworks contest was... Toyosatomimi no Miko. Certainly, no one could beat her in the flashy, overwhelming brilliance of her danmaku, nor in how safe she made it (not to mention how many times she entered). I mean, we kind of stopped judging partway through so it gets a little murky, but even so, if anyone was going to win, it'd pretty much have to be her. She can also be a little... pushy. Well, I guess you could say the judges weren't brave enough to give the win to anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I feel bad for Unzan. :(

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
Unzan and Ichirin are the heroes the fireworks display needed.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
And the last teaser is for Reimu.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Clarste posted:

The Grimoire of Usami is fully translated now.

Please quote all the funny bits so we can laugh together, thank you.

Enjoying everyone freaking out over Sunny starting fires

quote:

Wait, so dancing makes them glow? Even though they're just dead leaves? The power of the gods is usually that sort of cryptic nonsense. How convenient.

quote:

Curvy lasers are always popular. To watch.

quote:

Wait, Lady Yuyuko... didn't you tell me you'd be sleeping and that I had to be a judge in your place...?

Oh, wait, um... 10/10.

quote:

Obviously they were killed by all these rests. You call this sad?

quote:

She must be ripped to throw drums like that. I mean, I guess my image of drummers is pretty muscular anyway.

really all the comments are pretty great :allears:

thank you for translating these so quickly

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

That's a very good Reimu voice.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Leviathean posted:

I only played Azure for a small while, but I'm only aware about having to Complete Break each boss in order to access the final stage (against Remilia?). I forget if also getting a Complete Break on that boss matters in terms of an ending difference.
There shouldn't be a spell card restriction on you for getting complete breaks, just don't bomb during the opponent's spell cards since that's an automatic capture failure. Feel free to bomb their non-spell card attacks, or any part of the stage.

Thanks! I have now reached Flandre and she is rather difficult but I will prevail.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/sanmon_cmk/status/1124851788807491589

soon

edit: chicken

edit: cow

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 5, 2019

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That's a cool goast.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

:smug:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

So what's the disc girl

sheep?

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

a goast

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

disc girl is jenga world champion. sure rock stacking sucks but she tries to make it fun as possible. unofficial leader of the mizuko. has people participate in rock stacking contests to raise their spirits.

cow used to drown people by going "hey hold my baby" but the baby was actually 10000 pounds then gensokyo went "that's not cool" so she moved to hell and mellowed out. now she fishes up literal dinosuar fish and other such subnautica poo poo, tames them, and sells them. if you wind up in the sanzu by mistake she'll take you back. other youkai kind of laugh at her but she don't give a single gently caress. she can manipulate weight.

chicken is The Niwatari. Goddess of chickens. basically border patrol for various underworlds, hell, etc. lives in youkai mountain, just works in higan. can cure throat disease. not fond of the fact chickens are basically just people food.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

the characters look more stoned than usual for a new touhou

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
kinda hosed up zun replaced keine

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

She ate the history of herself.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

nyttyn posted:

disc girl is jenga world champion. sure rock stacking sucks but she tries to make it fun as possible. unofficial leader of the mizuko. has people participate in rock stacking contests to raise their spirits.

cow used to drown people by going "hey hold my baby" but the baby was actually 10000 pounds then gensokyo went "that's not cool" so she moved to hell and mellowed out. now she fishes up literal dinosuar fish and other such subnautica poo poo, tames them, and sells them. if you wind up in the sanzu by mistake she'll take you back. other youkai kind of laugh at her but she don't give a single gently caress. she can manipulate weight.

chicken is The Niwatari. Goddess of chickens. basically border patrol for various underworlds, hell, etc. lives in youkai mountain, just works in higan. can cure throat disease. not fond of the fact chickens are basically just people food.

I can't tell how much you're loving with me

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

its all true

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Please translators leave goast alone

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

nyttyn posted:

Mizuko means "miscarried, stillborn, or aborted child". She's a dead baby ghost. Dead baby ghosts stack stones by the Sanzu Riverside in Buddhism (Komachi talks to one in an ending somewhere, iirc).

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

oh right yeah forgot to talk about that thanks.

my favorite part is chicken power is basically just chicken noodle soup. very good.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Stoned and smug Youmu!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

Mizuko means "miscarried, stillborn, or aborted child". She's a dead baby ghost. Dead baby ghosts stack stones by the Sanzu Riverside in Buddhism (Komachi talks to one in an ending somewhere, iirc).

Pretty sure that was in Scarlet Weather Rhapsody.

Anyway, Higan is a very cool piece of the setting and i'm glad it's being explored. I hope Youmu doesn't kill any more goasts like the last time she showed up there though. :(

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The demo was pretty drat fun though the powers bouncing all over the place seems pretty distracting and got me killed honestly

Also seems to have achievements so steam achievements seems likely

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Clarste posted:

*goast

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You can tell Hell is serious because the bosses actually get a tiny bit of blood in their defeated portraits

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Title theme and stage 3 theme are the best imo

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Title theme seriously owns

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

i aint afraid of no goast

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I like the Stage 2 Boss theme and Stage 3 themes the most for certain.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
looks like Reimu attained Ghost Muscle, the skill that fortifies one's body with the incredible power of ghosts

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

goasts*

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

My uncle is ZUN and he me told if you collect only the special midboss goasts in the final game, the hyper will open up a portal to a secret stage 6 where you fight oni kasen.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Don't dox me

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
No one's mentioned this yet, but it looks like Marisa is wearing official Chen-chan merchandise.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Could be Rin, you never know.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

No, it’s Orin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Ammat The Ankh posted:

No one's mentioned this yet, but it looks like Marisa is wearing official Chen-chan merchandise.

Who broke Marisa's hand, and why didn't Marisa magic the bones back into place.