Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
After Douchery, the only way to go is down.

Especially since it failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

EponymousMrYar posted:

After Douchery, the only way to go is down.

Especially since it failed.

It did not fail, it bought them enough time for uh... squinty to commune with nature and poo poo.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Over 200 unspent skill points and his wisdom and luck are garbage.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

How much stronger can this guy get?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
isn't the harem king the strongest person in that world? i guess that strong

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Did he explode?

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
I just binged the whole comic, and now that I have to wait I'm pissed.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

captain innocuous posted:

I just binged the whole comic, and now that I have to wait I'm pissed.

The Gamer at least has regular updates and its translated, every friday. Hardly ever any weeks off. The author certainly has a schedule.

It's pretty blessed compared to other things like berserk hah.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Jihan, you gotta put some points in wisdom already. You'd be able to see some of this stuff coming.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

paragon1 posted:

Jihan, you gotta put some points in wisdom already. You'd be able to see some of this stuff coming.

Indeed. His body would probably stop trying to explode if he'd level his wisdom and luck some.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
might as well go big dumb glass cannon when you also have "my body is almost invincible" and "the world will give me a solution to any problem if i ask"

yes, Jihan, you're cheating.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Jihan learns how to make shadow clones...
decides to play 3 video games at the same time.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Glad the gamer got a free moment to game.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
And just like that, the gamer is going to hell.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
At least he's not alone!

Someone is going to eat something from there and put that clause on the table aren't they?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The gamer goes to hell shall be an epic arc.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Pewdiepie posted:

The gamer goes to hell shall be an epic arc.

This chapter certainly delivers!

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Don't need to pay charon if you got your own speedboat

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Captain_duck posted:

Don't need to pay charon if you got your own speedboat

Wrong River of hell. Charon is on the river styx. This a whole nother body of water... with jerky sneks for jerky people.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I've had a Gamer lapse from when they let Seon-il's family into the divine birch tree area until now, and man I missed some peak Gamer crazy fun stuff. All the stuff since then has been exactly the kind of craziness I like out of the Gamer, I feel like they're hitting their stride again.

So he's talking about how he feels like he could pretty much take on a heavenly thousand member, I think if he basically doubled his stats and added a fancy sorcerer tower, lots of passive buffs, and metamorphed himself to be literally bulletproof then he's got to be heavenly thousand tier now in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing the drama that comes from being in that exclusive club, I feel like going to hell is just the beginning of his troubles.

Nice to see him teaming up with the guy who was a mild threat to him but who he basically chumped back in the day, and now he absolutely chumps.

Worth also highlighting that healing has been pointed out as a super rare and powerful ability in the abyss and Jee-Han now has a healing ability that just casually regrows limbs, cures mental issues, and lifts Loli-Nuna level curses.

Also, put me down as predicting that the Demon tax lady is someone who went out of their way to spy on/interact with THE GAMER because of his specialness, that fake ID trick of hers means she's got to be a real mover and shaker and that's too much of a coincidence if a powerful being just happened to be sent out to tax him. I really like her design too, I'd be quite happy to see her added to the harem.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 16, 2019

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Jee-Han once again reminding us all that he's super efficient at grinding for loot.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 23, 2021

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I kinda want to see a situation where a character in an isekai like this is grinding for loot and just does the WoW Mage arcane explosion farming thing where it's a dude in a dress running and jumping in circles repeatedly jabbing his arm into the air above him and a big purple sparkly dome explodes outwards from him constantly, it was probably my most favorite ludicrous thing from WoW

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

https://m.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-4-ep-91/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=287

I half expect him to find a way to acquire the whole thing.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
I can't wait to see all the contracts he triggers when he freezes a majority of it.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It's demon magic. What could possibly go wrong?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

There's gonna be 73 Demons by the end of this, Jee-Han's gonna start his own hell nation just for the hell of it. This is clearly foreshadowed by there being engineering books in the library.

Definitely going to see him literally eating souls soon. As soon as I saw him permanently losing a whole 2 stat points I knew his gamer tendencies wouldn't be able to tolerate a permanent loss like that, gonna eat souls to get smarter again. Never wiser or luckier though.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Jee-Han would have realized he should have been leveling his luck this whole time if he'd been leveling his Wisdom this whole time.

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

He needs to get a ring of luck for each finger.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
get a luck buff spell that's cheap because it buffs a random amount. Then spam it, each time rolling higher because of luck.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I used to do that in Morrowind, except it was the Intelligence stat that was broken there. I think.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Elfface posted:

get a luck buff spell that's cheap because it buffs a random amount. Then spam it, each time rolling higher because of luck.

I feel like you could make a whole cultivation or LitRPG story about a MC whose only advantage was getting a technique like that early and pushing it to the limit.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

LLSix posted:

I feel like you could make a whole cultivation or LitRPG story about a MC whose only advantage was getting a technique like that early and pushing it to the limit.

That most current isekai.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014
Surprised no one has posted about the recent chapters.

Really getting to the point of relying on specific items/stats, though with such high wisdom, you would think he would start dumping points into luck now that he's seen how powerful that ring is.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I always forget to check this cause it’s on another website and I read most manga on my phone

It’s nice to burn through 4 ch every month or so though. I know this thread has been screaming for jihan to do something other than INT for awhile but it’s better to be good than lucky

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I need a reminder to read it on Fridays, the chapters feel too short these days.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Nullsmack posted:

I need a reminder to read it on Fridays, the chapters feel too short these days.

Definitely. A lot of info packed in it every few chapters, but it sometimes feels just a bunch of illustration for exposition than it is reading.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I think Jee-Han really saved himself by getting in good with the embodiment of hell, and having questions he still needs to ask on top of that. That's about the only reason I'll accept him getting out of being beaten in a fight by a literal demon god.

Also kind of demonstrates the int vs. luck debate. High int + fast thinking made him realize that he needed to load up extra questions. High luck would just mean that one of Baals enemies would suddenly decide to attack him now and that would give Jee-Han a chance to get away.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
High Int: immediately ask for 5 more questions to extend protection time

High luck: “Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fellis posted:

I always forget to check this cause it’s on another website and I read most manga on my phone

It’s nice to burn through 4 ch every month or so though. I know this thread has been screaming for jihan to do something other than INT for awhile but it’s better to be good than lucky

spoken like someone who's never played a game with rng