Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh and just to keep the ‘the boomers hosed us’ narrative going, there’s a new hotness going on with student loans. They’re offering to pay for school for a fixed percentage of your assumed future earnings. For select fields, from select schools. Which of course means that not only have they commodified your future in an actuarial table somewhere, they can double it up by securitizing that loan into a traunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

It was only really a matter of time until that happened, but gently caress

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

indenture was too good a business model to stay down forever

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Fuckin Hillary Clinton bringing in her illegal Mexican horses

https://twitter.com/itsgoodolsam/st...ingawful.com%2F

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Oh and just to keep the ‘the boomers hosed us’ narrative going, there’s a new hotness going on with student loans. They’re offering to pay for school for a fixed percentage of your assumed future earnings. For select fields, from select schools. Which of course means that not only have they commodified your future in an actuarial table somewhere, they can double it up by securitizing that loan into a traunch.

Yet another realization of the worst parts of cyberpunk dystopian fiction

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nice and hot piss posted:

I am one of the youngest individuals within the leadership department at my hospital and I hear the term "entitled millennial" probably once a week when there's an issue with one of the floor nurses.

It's getting annoying having to reiterate that I myself am a millennial, which causes a ton of backpedaling and the usual "well what I mean is, there's Millennial's and then there's Millennial's . "

Next time I get that statement I'm going to ask if I was let into the secret club of baby boomers and can now stereotype young people.

Ask these morons what they think their stewardship of the nation has accomplished.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Ask these morons what they think their stewardship of the nation has accomplished.

Yeah I'm sure that will change their minds

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Changing their minds isn't going to help much, we are stuck waiting for them to die

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Who could have seen this coming?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Yeah, ok, right after you give Obama another 6 due to McConnell stonewalling him.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOUUU

I loving hate my countrymen and their disgusting hypocrisy and willful ignorance and racism and hatred and just literally everything else about them

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Imagine the loving blowback if any other president in history endorsed that message like that.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

A Bad Poster posted:

Imagine the loving blowback if any other president in history endorsed that message like that.

The blood sacrifice worked, we're in the hellscape timeline.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

BigDave posted:

The blood sacrifice worked, we're in the hellscape timeline.

Great. Let's all get to work ripping and tearing until it is done.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Romney death rally was real

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Yeah I'm sure that will change their minds

These people have minds? Can you demonstrate that?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

He claims to be until he gets called out for a gross violation of journalistic ethics that even Fox can't sweep under the rug. Then he suddenly becomes an "entertainer".

My dream is to encounter him on the street. Mention that he promised to get waterboarded for charity 8+ years ago and so far hasn't followed through. And offer to go buy a towel and some bottled water so he can get it off his conscience.
"C'mon, this is for the troops you pussy. You love the troops don't you? You're always saying how much you do"

Speaking of douchebags on the sidewalk, I walked past Scott Walker this morning when I was getting coffee. I didn't realize it was him until he was walking past so I didn't take the opportunity to flip him off. :saddowns:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I loving hate my countrymen and their disgusting hypocrisy and willful ignorance and racism and hatred and just literally everything else about them

That’s pretty on brand for the Falwells.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Well I guess I hate you too then.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Chichevache posted:

Well I guess I hate you too then.

Cool

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I hate you
You hate me
We're a hosed up family

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

There's footage from inside that sukhoi that I'm not gonna link here but if you go looking or stumble across it in another thread,

Brown Moses posted:

Mostly I watch with the sound off so I can't hear the screams

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Romney death rally was real

We really all did die in 2012, we just haven't realized it yet.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
When are the Patriots gonna go and get their fast food feast at the White house?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

shame on an IGA posted:

There's footage from inside that sukhoi that I'm not gonna link here but if you go looking or stumble across it in another thread,

:stare:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

the tombrady wouldn't eat that fast food. It goes against his insane diet.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hobbesmaster posted:

Usually “he” fixes typos so I wonder if that’ll be deleted.

It's gone now so wow nailed it.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

MA-Horus posted:

the tombrady wouldn't eat that fast food. It goes against his insane diet.

Mostly I want him to skip a trump white house visit again so Trump can tweet about how not mad he is.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

I learned my lesson after looking at the photos of the MH17 shootdown and seeing the body of the little girl with her face caved in.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I experience enough hosed up poo poo on the regular, I don't need to go looking for it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1125069835044573186

https://twitter.com/kaylatausche/status/1125197302816231426

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1125188945518694400

I've said this before, but Trump would practically be auto-reelected at this point if he could just shut the gently caress up and not be Trump. Instead, it's gonna be close and he lost the House already.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
normal brain: trump is actually doing this because his friends have shorted various funds or whatever when he makes these call outs

galaxy brain: trump is just an idiot

universe brain: trump

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Smiling Jack posted:

I experience enough hosed up poo poo on the regular, I don't need to go looking for it.

On that note, here’s a link from the Dart Center for Journalism and Trauma that talks about how to handle viewing traumatic content.

https://dartcenter.org/resources/handling-traumatic-imagery-developing-standard-operating-procedure

These are generally very good tips. At my old job, where I had to watch all of the Islamic State’s propaganda and execution videos, a lot of this was helpful in muting the psychological impact of this stuff.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

dude what in the gently caress was your old job

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

dude what in the gently caress was your old job

Content curator for 8chan?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I used to work for a private sector risk management firm as an intel analyst. Sometimes IS would make very specific threats in their videos, and part of my job entailed looking at client exposure, etc. One example- IS put out a video that showed the residences of Jordanian fighter pilots, complete with addresses and even lat/long, of their homes. A lot were in Amman, so I had to reference these locations against assets/areas of interest. Some of their combat videos also marked the transition between when the last of the old guard got killed and the dawn of the Abu Hajaar types.

There were days when I gave serious thought to becoming Caro 2.0 for the YPG, albeit with much less schizophrenia and narcissism.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

On that note, here’s a link from the Dart Center for Journalism and Trauma that talks about how to handle viewing traumatic content.

https://dartcenter.org/resources/handling-traumatic-imagery-developing-standard-operating-procedure

These are generally very good tips. At my old job, where I had to watch all of the Islamic State’s propaganda and execution videos, a lot of this was helpful in muting the psychological impact of this stuff.

That's helpful as gently caress, even for someone that doesn't need to handle traumatic content day-to-day but is sensitive to certain triggering footage. Thanks.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

pantslesswithwolves posted:

There were days when I gave serious thought to becoming Caro 2.0 for the YPG, albeit with much less schizophrenia and narcissism.

I think Caro burned through every ounce of collective luck goons could possibly have tbh. I can't even win a scratch off anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

He’s never re-emerged since his rescue, has he?