Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Great Escape: Season 2 Episode 7 is up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
just watched the first two episodes and the best part of this show is the megalovania remix as the end bumper

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Great Escape: Season 2 Episode 8 is up

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

I loved these two episodes together.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, I was underwhelmed with episodes 3-6, but these last two were really good.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I think the 7-8 arc is the best the show's done so far.

Lots of moving parts, teamwork, surprising developments, and a pretty exciting ending.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.
I really liked the callback to the first season. I also really liked the escape logic of this one that went beyond the classical escape room feel.

I also loved how Kim Jong-min just solve all those puzzles in seconds while still looking like the dumb one.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Great Escape: Season 2 Episode 9 is up. The subs didn't get their own thread but all of the relevant information is in this thread.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Great Escape: Season 2 Episode 10 is up.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Wanted to say thanks for keeping on top of The Great Escape releases, and for the info link above. My wife and I finally started watching season 1 this week, and it's subtitling perfectly.

I'm not sure if it will hit The Genius levels of amazing, but I'm enjoying The Great Escape even more than Crime Scene or Society Game, for sure.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I just finished Genius S4. Where do I go from here? Preferably not Crime Scene.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

You could go to Society Game, which is essentially Survivor. It's fine, but nothing special.

The current hotness in the thread is Great Escape. Both Society Game and Great Escape are done by the same PD as The Genius.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Crime Scene is good once they changed the format a bit halfway through Season 1.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yeah, the second half of season 1 once they cut down cases to 1 episode each is when it really gets going and then season 2 just comes along and knocks it outta the park.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
i got halfway through Season 3 but never finished it... Season 2 was really strong with some great twists

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Genius S1.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

pokeyman posted:

Genius S1.

The correct answer.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I'm not doing a re-watch but it probably would be better than some of the recommended game shows.

First ep of The Great Escape is ok. The laugh track is brutal.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Just posting to say that there's nothing yet on S02E11 of Great Escape. I know a new post excites people, but I also know that the silence of someone not doing their job is identical to the silence of no new news.

Also trying that poo poo where you say nothing's happening and minutes later something happens.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

No 2x11 of Great Escape yet that I know of, but the bonus ep of Season 1 was just uploaded onto the /r/koreanvariety subreddit.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

qbert posted:

No 2x11 of Great Escape yet that I know of, but the bonus ep of Season 1 was just uploaded onto the /r/koreanvariety subreddit.

it was kind of hard to find the link, for those looking for it here it is: https://mega.nz/#!iPAlAA4b!55OLA6tXvRbki79x8oqRPz_NvXyep98xS4y2QuIIeo4

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Great Escape: Season 2 Episode 11 is up.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

This episode and the preview for next one (should be out on Sunday) are loving great.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Great Escape: Season 2 Episode 12 is up.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I watched the first 2 episodes of Great Escape S2, the first scenario was pretty neat clearly inspired by the Arrival film. I wish they spent more time trying to use the symbols to communicate with the alien.

Also in a rare instance for me, I immediately guessed the 6 blacks gimmick based on the RYB subtractive model as soon as I saw that table. :toot:

Symbolic Butt fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 16, 2019

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Show this to all your friends!

https://youtu.be/1Lng4dn1uAc

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

rydiafan posted:

Thanks. Shared it in two different ways.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
I'm still keeping an eye out for S02E13, the recap episode.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

rydiafan posted:

"Every episode is like a heist movie" yeah, that's a good way of putting it

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Anaconda Rifle posted:

I'm still keeping an eye out for S02E13, the recap episode.

Still this.

What's everyone watching while waiting for season 3 of Great Escape?

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Still checking regularly for that last episode. It's still stalled with the fan translators.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
The person who tried to get the season 2 Great Escape recap translated has started another thread trying to get that going again since it stalled out. Maybe this will finally get that project finished.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Holy poo poo, it finally dropped. Season 2 finale of Great Escape.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
I just watched both seasons of great escape over the last couple of weeks and it really hit that Genius itch. They really upped their production value in the second season as well. I wonder what that giant underground base in the first episode of season 2 is used for normally.

Season 3 starts on February 29 and I'll definitely tune in to see more shots of Donghyun being scared.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Eezee posted:

I just watched both seasons of great escape over the last couple of weeks and it really hit that Genius itch. They really upped their production value in the second season as well. I wonder what that giant underground base in the first episode of season 2 is used for normally.

Season 3 starts on February 29 and I'll definitely tune in to see more shots of Donghyun being scared.

I watched Season 2 first and am currently working my way through Season 1. I've only got a couple episodes left, so I'm very glad to hear there's more on the way.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
https://twitter.com/theseoulstory/status/1218820409879093249

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Very much looking forward to S3. They clearly gave the show a bigger budget for S2, and they keep coming up with really good ideas for episodes.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
Season 3 premiers on March 1st, with the original cast. Hopefully the subs drop soon after.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

there's a british series called Taskmaster that hits a lot of the same notes The Genius hits. the first three series (and part of the 4th) are free on youtube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

the talent deficit posted:

there's a british series called Taskmaster that hits a lot of the same notes The Genius hits. the first three series (and part of the 4th) are free on youtube

Seconded.