Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
From Reddit:

quote:

I’m reaching out to all our fans to ask you to help us get a Season 3. Stream the show. Restream the show. Have you friends, family and pets stream the show. Tweet about it to Amazon Prime Video. Write reviews on Amazon and Rotten Tomatoes. The first three weeks are crucial for us and we need all hands on deck. Trust me I know what could happen in Season 3 and you definitely want to see it. Thanks, chums! And SPOOOON!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/thetick/comments/beeexy/hi_im_a_writer_coep_on_the_tick/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Lint hunkered down at the Lei-Lo hotel after the Terror's mess.

Lei-Lo hotel.

Lay low hotel.

Oh! I didn't notice Lint doing that, but I did love that the hotel was called the "lay low" hotel. It's the hotel where the bad guys lay.

Low.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
So did Arthur even fly or use his suit a single time this season?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vakal posted:

So did Arthur even fly or use his suit a single time this season?

He flew back from his office after he quit

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Had two teeth pulled today, so I have been re-streaming last season.

Walter's fascination with superheroes makes so much sense now.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Obviously Dot moves in Bullet Time now so she'll call herself Dot Matrix

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

brocked posted:

Obviously Dot moves in Bullet Time now so she'll call herself Dot Matrix

lol of course

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Interview with Griffin Newman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgP8nuQn50s

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Good interview, but I think he's mixing up Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer. He refers to Chris McCulloch and Jackson Publick as different people, but they're the same person.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Holy poo poo that was an excellent season of television. Fittingly, reminded me of the quality improvement between seasons 1 and 2 of the cartoon.

My favorite callback was when Joan became Plunger-Woman. You know that was intentional.

derra fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 20, 2019

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
The only goddam problem with this show is, there isn't anywhere near enough of it.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

This was a good binge, hype for season 3

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
When exactly does arthur's left eye goggle get cracked?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

When exactly does arthur's left eye goggle get cracked?

It was in later episode; I re-watched and it was fine for most of the episodes. I'll figure it out.

... Upon this re-watch, I picked up on some references.

The Mole Men were mentioned. I really wish they would have worked in some variant of "THE LIGHT! OUR EYES! THE LIGHT IS TOO MUCH FOR OUR HUGE, UNDERDEVELOPED, SUBTERRANEAN EYES!"

Again, "That [arm wrestling machine] is Over the Top!"

I still need to figure out what that symbol is that Thrakkorzog draws to resurrect Rathbone.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
OK, I have a new personal headcanon for this show:

This show and the Tick cartoon series take place in the same universe. However, the Amazon series is filtered through Arthur's viewpoint, while the cartoon is filtered through Tick's viewpoint.

For example, Aegis and the Comet Club? Same thing.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 6, 2019

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

This show and the Tick cartoon series take place in the same universe. However, the Amazon series is filtered through Arthur's viewpoint, while the cartoon is filtered through Tick's viewpoint.
That's why in the cartoon, Speak is an awful capybara, but in the show, he's essentially Alex Jones.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Whalley posted:

That's why in the cartoon, Speak is an awful capybara, but in the show, he's essentially Alex Jones.

I swear, the first thing I thought when I saw that talking dog was, "I'll call you 'Speak' because that's what you do!"

That, and there was a talking dog in the cartoon, I think. In the sidekick's lounge. Oh man, why couldn't we get The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight on the Amazon series? I'd love that! Who'd play him, though... Bobcat Goldthwait from 1989?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

tarlibone posted:

I swear, the first thing I thought when I saw that talking dog was, "I'll call you 'Speak' because that's what you do!"

That, and there was a talking dog in the cartoon, I think. In the sidekick's lounge. Oh man, why couldn't we get The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight on the Amazon series? I'd love that! Who'd play him, though... Bobcat Goldthwait from 1989?

Bobcat Goldthwait has to voice Mr. Creamy (I hadn't noticed this before but my wife caught it last night).

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

For example, Aegis and the Comet Club? Same thing.

Can we pretend the old show is the actual reality then?

derra
Dec 29, 2012
The cartoon would be far, far too coherent for this to be true.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Chokes McGee posted:

Can we pretend the old show is the actual reality then?

Old live action is Aegis propaganda.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Old live action is Aegis propaganda.

:thunk:

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I’m really glad Flexon turned out to be a really good guy. I feel like they were sort of setting him up for a heel turn for a minute. Nice to see Steven Ogg play a decent character for once instead of a kill crazy manic.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I’m really glad Flexon turned out to be a really good guy. I feel like they were sort of setting him up for a heel turn for a minute. Nice to see Steven Ogg play a decent character for once instead of a kill crazy manic.

I love that zero percent of his heroic actions involved his superpower.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
That was a hell of a good season of television. I loved that it wasn't afraid to get earnestly, unironically optimistic.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I like that they've turned Dot from a character whose sole purpose is to be the 100% normal, straight-laced sibling to the co-lead protagonist, a guy who wants to be in the superhero game and suddenly can be thanks to a super-suit and a nigh-invulnerable superhero who has inexplicably imprinted on him. Instead of just being a contrast point, like the little heart some women put on their bodies to gauge how deep their tan is, she's a well-rounded character and full-on badass. Well, a badass in training, but that's badder of an rear end than I was expecting when this all began. I thought she'd be a caretaker-type who is constantly pulling Arthur back toward normalcy, but she's not.

Hell, for a while, I was worried that she'd just follow her brother, but no, she's branching out with someone else, and her methods are not at all what Arthur's are. And they gave her a legit superpower, which is cool.

I like how in the first season, she was trying to be the protective big sister to her supposedly mentally-ill brother who was clearly getting in over his head. This season, Arthur decides to try and be the big brother, as he thinks he's got a handle on how this lifestyle works, and Dot is doing something very different.

If we get a Season 3, I wonder where they'll go with her.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

So who doesn't have some kind of superpower, device, or training now? From season 1 to season 2 Dot and Kevin got powers, and Walter was revealed as an agent. It seems like Joan is the only recurring character that is normal still. Maybe Dr Agent Hobbes was onto something.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > THE TICK S2: Seven billion monkeys, boiling in the void

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

tarlibone posted:

I like that they've turned Dot from a character whose sole purpose is to be the 100% normal, straight-laced sibling to the co-lead protagonist, a guy who wants to be in the superhero game and suddenly can be thanks to a super-suit and a nigh-invulnerable superhero who has inexplicably imprinted on him. Instead of just being a contrast point, like the little heart some women put on their bodies to gauge how deep their tan is, she's a well-rounded character and full-on badass. Well, a badass in training, but that's badder of an rear end than I was expecting when this all began. I thought she'd be a caretaker-type who is constantly pulling Arthur back toward normalcy, but she's not.

Hell, for a while, I was worried that she'd just follow her brother, but no, she's branching out with someone else, and her methods are not at all what Arthur's are. And they gave her a legit superpower, which is cool.

I like how in the first season, she was trying to be the protective big sister to her supposedly mentally-ill brother who was clearly getting in over his head. This season, Arthur decides to try and be the big brother, as he thinks he's got a handle on how this lifestyle works, and Dot is doing something very different.

If we get a Season 3, I wonder where they'll go with her.

I listened to a Ben Edlund interview where he talked about this. He said that Dot's "tragic flaw" was that she was born a third tier supporting character, having to be a caregiver for Arthur, and never got a chance to deal with her own trauma; now that Arthur's standing on his own feet, she's finally able to have a look at herself.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
This seemed worth sharing:

https://twitter.com/thecosplaydog/status/1128902562994950144

EDIT: DAMMIT >_<

https://twitter.com/ben_edlund/status/1129086411833921536

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 16, 2019

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
damnit all. love is over

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

this is the worst hell dimension.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
The crazy thing is, I think it's literally their highest-rated show right now by the numbers. Percentagewise it has 95% positive on Amazon; their other "hit" shows like Ms. Maisel and Bosch peak out at 80%.

edit:

https://twitter.com/Josh_Schubart/status/1129120848844120064

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 16, 2019

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I think Amazon.com doesn't actually own the show, so in principle some other channel could pick it up. That's why the #SaveTheTick hashtag is trending - the idea is to get some other place to pick it up. I dunno what the odds look like, but I sure hope it works!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TychoCelchuuu posted:

I think Amazon.com doesn't actually own the show, so in principle some other channel could pick it up. That's why the #SaveTheTick hashtag is trending - the idea is to get some other place to pick it up. I dunno what the odds look like, but I sure hope it works!

Disney/Hulu could possibly pick it up, lmao.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Dammit this show was too good for this world :negative:

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

ZZZorcerer posted:

Dammit this show was too good for this world :negative:

It'll be back... In like ten years :cry:

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Man gently caress this. The Tick was very likely my absolute favorite show from the streaming age bar none.

Edit: Maybe not so dire if we do something?

https://twitter.com/GriffLightning/status/1129094033492647937?s=19

Pararoid fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 17, 2019

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I blame those dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
amazon sucks so bad