Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Cockmaster posted:

I'm curious as to where Bow's parents get off thinking that the princesses started the war with the Horde.

Scorpia did say that she and her family allied themselves with the Horde after being senselessly shunned by the other princesses, so maybe there is something to that? Possibly related to what went wrong with Mara's career as She-Ra (which I've also been curious about)?

Well Scorpia also said that her family freely gave the Horde the Black Garnet and surrendered Scorpia to be raised by the Horde at the same time. Given that we've now had a flashback showing that the Horde in fact took the Black Garnet by force, it's pretty obvious Scorpia's been fed a line. It's more likely Scorpia's been shunned by other princesses because she was raised by the Horde, rather than her family being driven to the Horde by being shunned.

The Crimson Wastes is also the territory that Scorpia's family traditionally rules so I suspect that we're gonna get a lot more info on this in the third season (aka the back half of season 2, gently caress you Netflix).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Queen Combat posted:

DIY on ezgif.com, really easy to split it apart into frames. Doesn't work on mobile.

how dare you make me learn how to do things with my own brain

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I just loved Bow's two dads so much.

Elfface posted:

I was also expecting Serenia to be a planet, like Etheria and Eternia, and Hordak being pretty clearly from another world. Then it was the name of a heroine... but then it was a constellation again!

A constellation which can only be seen from one part of the planet.

Constellations do not work that way :argh:

Cockmaster posted:

I'm curious as to where Bow's parents get off thinking that the princesses started the war with the Horde.

I thought it was because they stopped fighting the Horde?

The Princesses all went their separate ways, but the people never stopped suffering.

Yeah, I can see a lot of people needing the Princesses, but not liking them one bit.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I just loved Bow's two dads so much.

They do if "one part of the planet" is one hemisphere.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I enjoyed the D&D episode immensely. It has been a good season.

Shadow Weaver remains a despicable rear end in a top hat and my absolute favorite character in this show. I love her.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Depends on how big of a part of the planet you're talking about.

Edit: Beaten to it.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Some comments about new episodes coming "very soon."

June/July possibly?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I really enjoyed this season. Or, half-season, maybe. I loved Bow's dads and the D&D episode and the Shadow Weaver backstory episode and Entrapta getting in good with Hordak. I hope the short season means we'll be getting more soon.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I was not loving ready for the D&D episode preview, let alone the actual episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lIsGtaLcrc

Edit: Wow that got taken down right after I linked it. :(

I appreciate the use of the original costumes and music. I can tell that Noelle Stevenson spent a lot of time watching the original series, there tons of easter eggs and a lot of them are really obscure details, Adora's rank of Force Commander is straight from 80's series and used maybe half dozen times. That is some attention to detail.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 08:15 on May 2, 2019

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
Yo, they're making a graphic novel.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/she-ra-ogn-legend-of-the-fire-princess/amp/

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
still good, still powerful, still gay

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Noice.

TriffTshngo posted:

still good, still powerful, still gay

I think season 2 is better than season 1 because it has a higher percentage of Scorpia content.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I think season 2 is better than season 1 because it has a higher percentage of Scorpia content.

An objective and also correct rating scale.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Cucumber Quest! How could I forget about that?!

e:

quote:

The official plot synopsis reads, “Even after everything that’s happened, the world outside the Horde’s walls is still a strange one to Adora. Each day she’s learning more about her growing powers as She-Ra, including something new: the ability to heal corrupted runestones. Runestones are the magical source from which princesses like Frosta, Mermista, and Perfuma draw their power, but Glimmer knows of another runestone — one with a dark past. Long ago a fire princess ruled the lands to the west, until her thirst for power corrupted her, and led to the ruin of her kingdom. Glimmer thinks the lost fire runestone could give the Rebellion an edge in the fight against the Horde, but claiming this ancient power won’t be easy… especially not when the Horde has their eyes set on the same prize.”

Wait, is it know that the wastes are the lands of Scorpia's family?

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 2, 2019

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I'm really hoping this plot in season 2 leads to some Eternia/He-Man elements. I know they are told not to do so in season 1 but dammit I'd love to see it come into play. :(

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Waffleopolis posted:

I'm really hoping this plot in season 2 leads to some Eternia/He-Man elements. I know they are told not to do so in season 1 but dammit I'd love to see it come into play. :(

If the show goes long enough it is inevitable. No reason to rush it. I think Adora finding and connecting with her family would be a good follow up to Adora resolving her issues with Catra.

Edit: I think its a safe bet to say Light Spiner was part of Eternia's court.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 3, 2019

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

We might see Eternia but I think Noelle's been firm about the fact that she doesn't want to bring in He-Man.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

CuwiKhons posted:

We might see Eternia but I think Noelle's been firm about the fact that she doesn't want to bring in He-Man.

Apparently she's not completely opposed, just no plans for the foreseeable future.

https://www.inverse.com/article/52009-she-ra-season-2-he-man-not-gonna-happen

Or she was trying not to say "never" without actually saying "never."

Either way.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Even if they don’t involve He-Man, I imagine Adora will actually be from Eternia and that’s why Shadow Weaver recognizes her as “different” and took her in. Maybe she’s trying to get Adora back in order to hand her over to Skeletor in exchange for Eternian magic! (She will, of course, get double-crossed by Skeletor.)

I just finished the last episode and 1. Bow’s family is just so cute and 2. gently caress you Netflix for leaving us with that cliffhanger.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I wouldn't mind if She-Ra doesn't mention He-Man, but we do get a He-Man show that will eventually have connections to She-Ra and vice versa, with a mini-series involving both called "Masters of the Universe"

And all I ask is if Orko is voiced by Griffin McElroy

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I don't care one way or another if He-Man appears in this show but it would be dope as hell for Skeletor to make an appearance.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Pakled posted:

I don't care one way or another if He-Man appears in this show but it would be dope as hell for Skeletor to make an appearance.

Pretty much this. I am absolutely fine if He-Man never shows up in She-Ra, but I'd love to get some nods toward the existence of Eternia via some Hordak and Skeleton interaction.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
He-Man shows up in the finale, when Adora returns to Eternia and shows them how it's done.

In the finale, Skeletor blasts away their magic swords, turning He-Man and She-Ra back into Adam and Adora. As Adam panics and cowers and Skeletor gloats, Adora just punches him in the skull.

Alternatively - Turns out He-ra was an entirely different heroine, and a Greek Goddess shows up out of nowhere.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Elfface posted:

Alternatively - Turns out He-ra was an entirely different heroine, and a Greek Goddess shows up out of nowhere.

Hot drat do I want this.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I will never get tired of Adora being an awkward meathead when she has to do something other than punch things :allears:

I love everything about this show. I love Scorpia crushing over Catra while she’s obsessing over her ex. I love the pathos I feel for Catra from growing up in a household with an abusive bpd mother and that she’s so complex a character I like her as much as the good guys if not more. I love Entrapta bc Entrapta.

How did they make a goofy kids cartoon from the 80s into this? And after this and Voltron, how the gently caress do we get Dreamworks/Netflix to reboot Tranzor Z for the Chokes childhood hat trick?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

To be fair, the person who said that has literally never seen stars in his life

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I can't believe Neil Patrick Harris is going to play Skeletor in the next season of She-Ra.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

drat but the second season of this show was miles better than the first. There is character development, great interactions and comedy aplenty.

Just wish we had gotten a full season.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juIsRg6z41k

Just gonna repost this. It's drat good.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Queen Combat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juIsRg6z41k

Just gonna repost this. It's drat good.

e: holy crap the singer is only 14???

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Entrapta remains the fuckin best.

Heroes need to embrace the cold hard sciences and lure her back over... though that's gonna be tough considering what Hordak has to offer.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Adora's got a whole First Ones installation?! She just has to say, "Hey, Entrapta."

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

side_burned posted:

I appreciate the use of the original costumes and music. I can tell that Noelle Stevenson spent a lot of time watching the original series, there tons of easter eggs and a lot of them are really obscure details, Adora's rank of Force Commander is straight from 80's series and used maybe half dozen times. That is some attention to detail.

My favourite one of these is when Adora turns her sword into a lasso and looks disgusted at how obviously useless this thing is. In the original series, the lasso got an absolutely unreal amount of air time because hitting people with swords, or even punching them, was a no go for children's programming.

As such, She-Ra's two main moves were like...turn her magic sword into a lasso and lasso someone, or pick up something extremely heavy and throw it at them. Throwing heavy objects somehow didn't count as direct violence, so it was permissible.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Android Blues posted:

My favourite one of these is when Adora turns her sword into a lasso and looks disgusted at how obviously useless this thing is. In the original series, the lasso got an absolutely unreal amount of air time because hitting people with swords, or even punching them, was a no go for children's programming.

As such, She-Ra's two main moves were like...turn her magic sword into a lasso and lasso someone, or pick up something extremely heavy and throw it at them. Throwing heavy objects somehow didn't count as direct violence, so it was permissible.

I feel like the shield also got a fair amount of play, but yeah, she may as well have been Wonder Woman for all the lassoing she did.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gaz-L posted:

I feel like the shield also got a fair amount of play, but yeah, she may as well have been Wonder Woman for all the lassoing she did.

what I want to know is, when are we going to see the coffee cup make a comeback

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Regy Rusty posted:

Entrapta remains the fuckin best.

Heroes need to embrace the cold hard sciences and lure her back over... though that's gonna be tough considering what Hordak has to offer.

my favorite part of the season is still her monkeybarring around a metal bridge with her hair over an insanely deep drop while yelling about not knowing what she's doing

it's great because she's very clearly amoral and following the tech and everyone else on the good guys' side think she's misguided or brainwashed.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Next time on She-Ra: the heroes must make a perilous journey into the Fright Zone to retrieve Entapta’s belongings because all her stuff is there now, so she’ll probably just stay.

A lot of my misgivings about the first season have really been cleared up in the second. A big annoyance of mine was that Hordak did nothing but yell at his subordinates in the first season, but I guess it makes sense that he can’t do much given that he appears to be either ill or decomposing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Labes for days posted:

Next time on She-Ra: the heroes must make a perilous journey into the Fright Zone to retrieve Entapta’s belongings because all her stuff is there now, so she’ll probably just stay.

A lot of my misgivings about the first season have really been cleared up in the second. A big annoyance of mine was that Hordak did nothing but yell at his subordinates in the first season, but I guess it makes sense that he can’t do much given that he appears to be either ill or decomposing.

Also, he just wants to get home, and they can't help him much with that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Also, he just wants to get home, and they can't help him much with that.

Skeletor's probably wrecking up his stuff, too, and not watering his plants!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gaz-L posted:

Skeletor's probably wrecking up his stuff, too, and not watering his plants!

that jerk :mad:

I hope Catra eventually figures out he's all talk without his gizmos and owns the poo poo out of him to take control of the Fright Zone. Imagine Catra on that throne with an incredibly enthusiastic scorpia as force captain :allears: