Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

mojo1701a posted:

Can I make a request? I've been trying to find that DeviantArt wedding photo with all of the couple's favourite fandom characters filling up their backyard, but I can't find it. Been trying to show that picture to a friend and she doesn't believe it exists.

Wasn't that in a church or party house? I seem to remember some of the larger characters being forced to peer through the window to watch, which would piss me right off if I spent the time and money to get to their wedding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I think I remember something like that? Definitely real

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

UCS Hellmaker posted:

In other news did you know paramedics are certified and allowed to go mouth to stoma? You think your job sucks well at least you aren't told to do that!

While we are "certified and allowed" to, you can bet your rear end I'm not putting my bare mouth on any rando's mouth, let alone a stoma. That's what bag valve masks are for.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

mojo1701a posted:

Can I make a request? I've been trying to find that DeviantArt wedding photo with all of the couple's favourite fandom characters filling up their backyard, but I can't find it. Been trying to show that picture to a friend and she doesn't believe it exists.

I didn't know GamemasterAnthony got married. Good for him.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Dienes posted:

Thanks for reminding me of him.

Also, holy poo poo, I found it. I ended up googling "GamemasterAnthony wedding" and I found it. It's not him, but damned if that wasn't the clue I needed to find this:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

mojo1701a posted:

Also, holy poo poo, I found it. I ended up googling "GamemasterAnthony wedding" and I found it. It's not him, but damned if that wasn't the clue I needed to find this:

Why does it look like one of the bridesmaids is a completely normal woman?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I mean, I kind of love Data staring worriedly up at Darth Vader.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I don’t think seating Arya next to the Night King was a good idea.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

TinTower posted:

I don’t think seating Arya next to the Night King was a good idea.

They came as a couple. They had an incredible meet-cute to start off their relationship.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Dienes posted:

:emptyquote: :toot:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I just noticed what her username is. She must be insufferable in person.

Edit: I went on her profile. During her actual wedding, her husband put on a Kylo Ren helmet and they had a lightsaber fight.

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 16:06 on May 6, 2019

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

chitoryu12 posted:

I just noticed what her username is. She must be insufferable in person.

Edit: I went on her profile. During her actual wedding, her husband put on a Kylo Ren helmet and they had a lightsaber fight.

Did they deviate too far from the status quo for your tastes? Did they have the wrong kind of wedding or have the wrong kind of fun?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
They're massive loving dorks and it's cringey poo poo that I would never willingly be associated with, but at least it seems harmless.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

LawfulWaffle posted:

Did they deviate too far from the status quo for your tastes? Did they have the wrong kind of wedding or have the wrong kind of fun?

poo poo he has an account here!

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Brawnfire posted:

I think it might be Lorelai Gilmore? I don't know who anyone in the front row of either side is supposed to be though

And only two black people in the whole church! Couldn't they have invited Lando at least??

DorkusMalorkus has a new favorite as of 17:47 on May 6, 2019

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I think it might be Lorelai Gilmore? I don't know who anyone in the front row of either side is supposed to be though

And only two black people in the whole church! Couldn't they have invited Lando at least??

All I see is the guy with the red bionic eye in the very drat back. Who else is black? Besides Darth Vader and The Black Knight (lol)

Lando would have worked. Geordi, Guinan... Why they didn't invite Finn if they were aware of the new trilogy by this point is beyond me...

Why hell, there could be Samuel Jacksons enough to fill their own row if you like.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Brawnfire posted:

All I see is the guy with the red bionic eye in the very drat back. Who else is black? Besides Darth Vader and The Black Knight (lol)

Nick Fury + Black Panther. also the guy in the second row from the back on the right, I don't recognize anyone between Monty Python French knight guy and I think Sherlock on the left.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

gey muckle mowser posted:

Nick Fury + Black Panther. also the guy in the second row from the back on the right, I don't recognize anyone between Monty Python French knight guy and I think Sherlock on the left.

Ah, my lack of comic knowledge is showing. Never seen Nick Fury, but I watched Black Panther and failed to spot 'im.

I don't recognize that guy on the right either. In fact, it pretty hard to recognize anyone "normal" because the likenesses are so poo poo-poor you need props to figure it out

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Brawnfire posted:

Skrull

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

LawfulWaffle posted:

yes

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
I'm not surprised all their guests are fictional.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

mojo1701a posted:

I'm the Nidoking forced to sit outside who can't see poo poo

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Non Serviam posted:

I'm not surprised all their guests are fictional white.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

^^^ not an emptyquote

Just. Look, I know people like to fire back at “oh, how dare you judge someone’s wedding choice/gift/etc” (and its a gift from the parents, so maybe it’s a bit much for the couple but you know how that goes) but my curiosity is the relevance. Like do they work in the industry in some capacity thus all these IPs are things they’re associated with? Or is this the nerd version of when rich church patrons would have them painted or sculpted with all the Saints?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

^^^ not an emptyquote

Just. Look, I know people like to fire back at “oh, how dare you judge someone’s wedding choice/gift/etc” (and its a gift from the parents, so maybe it’s a bit much for the couple but you know how that goes) but my curiosity is the relevance. Like do they work in the industry in some capacity thus all these IPs are things they’re associated with? Or is this the nerd version of when rich church patrons would have them painted or sculpted with all the Saints?

Most likely the latter. Having worked as a bartender at a lot of weddings, it's one thing I've noticed: that if you don't have your own sense of cultural identity, you will find another one. That is to say, I've had a couple of those kinds of weddings, and there was never any hint of either member of the wedding couple being anything more than just local white-bread townies.

I'm not saying it's objectively a good or bad thing, but it's definitely something I've noticed.

Also: are those some of the main characters from the Uncharted series sitting in front of Han, Leia, and Luke? The games are fun, but I never thought Nathan Drake made enough of an impression to be included anywhere.

Edit:

DorkusMalorkus posted:

My friend said the same thing.

I also keep thinking that the groom reminds me of Miles Teller. Maybe she's marrying Reed Richards from the Fantastic 4 movie that came out a few years ago.

mojo1701a has a new favorite as of 19:53 on May 6, 2019

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Yea i'm p. sure left front side is best buds Troy Baker and Nolan North, plus Emily Rose (who Nolan worked with)

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Eh, I think it's really sweet myself, especially since the parents knew enough about their daughter to know who to include, or were close enough to simply ask her. It also sounds like the husband was enough of a turbonerd to lightsaber fight her too, which is really :kimchi: from my perspective. I dunno, guys- I can certainly see the AUG in the pimple-faced monster up above, the vaginal juice lover etc. but if two people are in love then it automatically counts as 'dawww' material in my eyes regardless of their AUGness.

I make an exception to Nazis and the like though. Those fuckers deserve to have dogshit thrown at them during their weddings. And anniversaries. And if they're walking in the park. In fact, just throw dogshit at Nazis.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I kind of want one done with the audience being characters from sit-coms. You got the Frasier people and the Cheers people sitting together, and the Office takes up a row with Parks and Rec behind them, there's 30 Rock palling around with Community. The Always Sunny gang is doing shots in the back with peeps from Brooklyn 99, while Mark tries to pull Jez away to join the IT Crowd peeps. New Girl, VEEP, The Good Place, etc. They're all there, having a great time.

My groomsmen would be Charlie Kelly, Winston Bishop, Troy Barnes, and Jack from Will & Grace.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Brawnfire posted:

I kind of want one done with the audience being characters from sit-coms. You got the Frasier people and the Cheers people sitting together, and the Office takes up a row with Parks and Rec behind them, there's 30 Rock palling around with Community. The Always Sunny gang is doing shots in the back with peeps from Brooklyn 99, while Mark tries to pull Jez away to join the IT Crowd peeps. New Girl, VEEP, The Good Place, etc. They're all there, having a great time.

My groomsmen would be Charlie Kelly, Winston Bishop, Troy Barnes, and Jack from Will & Grace.

tvmasterbrawnfire just doesn't have the same ring...

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Brawnfire posted:

Now I want to see Tracy Jordan as a groomsman slapping his bare stomach. "Hey, wedding, what's this? A ghetto mating call!" Meanwhile, Grizz and Dot Com are the only ones laughing.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

mojo1701a posted:

Now I want to see Tracy Jordan as a groomsman slapping his bare stomach. "Hey, wedding, what's this? A ghetto mating call!" Meanwhile, Grizz and Dot Com are the only ones laughing.

They would be shaking their heads, Kenneth would be laughing

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

CommissarMega posted:

the vaginal juice lover etc.

Dawg, no. Vaginal juices own. They're the best. That was an infection whose most graphic descriptions still manage to belie the true horror of the situation.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

There's ethnic people there. They're all just, y'know, sitting at the very back rows of the room.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mojo1701a posted:

Most likely the latter. Having worked as a bartender at a lot of weddings, it's one thing I've noticed: that if you don't have your own sense of cultural identity, you will find another one. That is to say, I've had a couple of those kinds of weddings, and there was never any hint of either member of the wedding couple being anything more than just local white-bread townies.

I'm not saying it's objectively a good or bad thing, but it's definitely something I've noticed.

I've known a lot of people like that. They don't have anything about themselves or their talents that really stands out and might not have a lot of friends, so they basically craft a personality around media consumption. TARDIS dresses, Star Wars tattoos, and Harry Potter robes all in the same place. They participate in just about every fictional holiday or stuff like May the Fourth every time they roll around and can't really talk about anything except their latest sci-fi and fantasy interest.

Ready Player One is like this personality distilled into a book.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Coxswain Balls posted:

There's ethnic people there. They're all just, y'know, sitting at the very back rows of the room.

Was waiting for someone to point out that they totally have a black friend

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

mojo1701a posted:

Legolas wasn't invited :(

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Screw a painting, I'm hiring a Goro Majima cosplayer to be in my wedding party in character. Still negotiating with my boyfriend because he doesnt want Majima to kick my rear end during the reception and that's a deal breaker for me.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Who are the characters in the back, between Disney and Game of Thrones? More importantly, why do I care?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Who are the characters in the back, between Disney and Game of Thrones? More importantly, why do I care?

Sherlock, Watson, and Moriaty, Shawn and Gus from Psych, and the rude French knight from Holy Grail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
Reddit, What's the grossest/nastiest thing that's happened to you in a sexual encounter? I'll go first...
(self.AskReddit)

/u/rivalthecreator posted:

Nothing tops the Jolly Rancher story.

Steve and his girlfriend Samantha went off to college in August. She went to Florida State, he went to Penn. So, she decides to fly to PA to visit him. He was really happy to see her so he decided to give her some oral action.

He had done this numerous times before and he always enjoyed doing it...but for some reason, this time, she smelled really horrible, and she tasted even worse. He didn't want to offend her though because he hadn't seen her in months...so he put a Jolly Rancher in his mouth to cover it up, even though it didn't do much to help.

In the course of eating her out, he accidentally pushed the candy inside of her... and stuck a finger in to grab it out. He took it out, and put it back into his mouth and bit it. Only...it wasn't the Jolly Rancher.

It was a nodule of gonorrhea.

As in, the blister-like structure that gonorrhea makes filled with diseased pus was the size of a loving Jolly Rancher and the poor guy BIT it. I guess it was really dark in the room. He freaked out and started vomiting all over the place when it exploded in his mouth...

He demanded to know what was going on, turns out she had cheated on him at a club like, the first week of college, and hosed some random guy and the stupid bitch had no clue what was wrong with her. She noticed a strange smell though.

So now, Steve is freaking out that he now has gonorrhea of the mouth and God knows what else.