Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
https://twitter.com/jupin/status/1124747333860769793

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Aw that's unfortunate. That was the show in the tour I was looking forward to hearing most, I love that movie.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Just listening to the on-screen. What the hot gently caress is Andrew talking about "would they really make another Avengers?"? Oh gee-whiz, why would Disney want to print another billion dollars???

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Andrew NEEDS to get a switch and they need to record one episode where they just bullshit about whatever video game they are playing

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Calaveron posted:

Andrew NEEDS to get a switch and they need to record one episode where they just bullshit about whatever video game they are playing

I would love an episode where they discuss BOTW

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

clown shoes posted:

On the Patreon episode, Crabin said he liked Winchester, which was one of the worst reviewed movies of last year. Like this movie isn't just bad, it's boring as hell. He really is the most contrarian critic.

I’ve learned long ago that Cabin can be pretty loving funny On the podcast but his honest opinions on movies are really loving bad to the point that I just assume the opposite of almost all that f his reviews. Dude said the 4th Purge movie was ‘really very good’, and I.....just have no idea what to say.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
You can't trust people who don't like Dredd, is all I'm saying.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

enigmahfc posted:

I’ve learned long ago that Cabin can be pretty loving funny On the podcast but his honest opinions on movies are really loving bad to the point that I just assume the opposite of almost all that f his reviews. Dude said the 4th Purge movie was ‘really very good’, and I.....just have no idea what to say.

Oh yeah! He did say that about The First Purge. That movie was a clunker.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

enigmahfc posted:

clown shoes posted:

Oh yeah! He did say that about The First Purge. That movie was a clunker.

:psyduck: what the gently caress, The First Purge owned

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dredd and The First Purge are both excellent!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s the reason why when he says he didn’t like Endgame you could hear everyone’s eyes roll into the back of their heads over a podcast.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This episode is so great. Oh my God.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

how dare you charge money for an eric-less episode

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The bit about their games about their parents was loving hilarious.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GrandpaPants posted:

The bit about their games about their parents was loving hilarious.

That was their most no-lows, constant gold bits episode in a while which is amazing given how long it is.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Who were they talking about during the Endgame episode, when Steve goes on that Super-Size Me bit? Chris said he had allegations against him. Morgan Spurlock, or someone else?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Who were they talking about during the Endgame episode, when Steve goes on that Super-Size Me bit? Chris said he had allegations against him. Morgan Spurlock, or someone else?

Yeah, it was Morgan Spurlock. If I recall, no one ever came forward with allegations against him, he confessed his own pattern of sexual misconduct abruptly ending his own career.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh poo poo the next episode of Nexus is going to cover "The Outrageous Okana", which may well be one of the worst and most embarrassing of all Trek episodes regardless of series.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
In my video game about my mom, my mom who lives in a different country asks me to order some stuff off of amazon for her and I “accidentally” forget to charge her for it

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh poo poo the next episode of Nexus is going to cover "The Outrageous Okana", which may well be one of the worst and most embarrassing of all Trek episodes regardless of series.

Wow, the stand up boom really was big in the late 80s.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Serenity just makes me wish that they had a Patreon series where they talk about video games.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Kino Lorber is a company I associate with my earliest Film History 101 classes, including watching some of the first surviving Thomas Edison films.

They are responsible for saving Nosferatu and Metropolis from the the brink of film preservation hell, giving them a wide home-entertainment release.

And now, their greatest triumph has finally come to fruition.

https://www.twitter.com/KLStudioClassic/status/1121799940051734528

I have never preordered something so hard and so fast in my life.

I feel like I am the only one who screams from the internet hell depths that the WHM Tuff Turf episode is a true-blue classic.

It's also such an odd movie that burrows under your skin. It isn't a "bad movie" in the usual sense, it just seems to skate all over the line of what makes something good or bad and doesn't seem to care. It's a drat enigma.

I hate to be that guy 3 pages late but kino only released the US DVD/Blu-rays of Nosferatu and metropolis. The restorations were done by the Friedrich Wilhelm Murnau Foundation. They didn't have a hand in the restorations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I've been trying to look up clips of Serenity to see some of the craziness they're describing, but the title being shared with the Firefly movie is making it very difficult.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

I've been trying to look up clips of Serenity to see some of the craziness they're describing, but the title being shared with the Firefly movie is making it very difficult.

I feel like I just need to see if I can rent it at a redbox TBH

Violator
May 15, 2003

Yeah, you just need to watch it. There's nothing in the movie that is like holy poo poo wacky, but it just all adds up to something super duper strange.

I actually have a soft spot for movies about the ocean, fishing boats, coastal towns, lighthouses, etc. so I actually really liked the first 2/3 of the movie. If there had been no twist or if the twist was anything else then I would have loved the movie. Like if he was a stranded time traveler and he was marking the daily solar and ocean cycles so he could piece together where he was based on his scattershot memory or something, that would be neat. Like there was a time machine or a space ship at certain coordinates that he couldn't quite remember, and "Justice" was the ship and not a fish that he was obsessed with finding, and he was a drunk because he would never get back to his family, that would be neat even if formulaic.

But the movie as-is makes no sense: what graphics we see reflected in the screen look like The Sims or that Dreamcast fishing game. The emotional union at the end is between a boy and a computer program, not the boy and his dead father. There's no VR or mind meld that we're aware of, so the kid is literally just piloting his little avatar to his father's avatar on a computer screen. It's all dumb, but I loved the scenery, coastline, fields, boats, rain storms, etc.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Man, at this point they should just be putting on lapel mics and recording themselves or something. I don't think I've ever heard a live show that sounded great and most of them sound terrible. Didn't Eric record one on his phone recently because the club's audio setup was so bad? I know it's easy to sit here and say "they should do this and spend money!" but they're literally losing episodes because the tech setups at these locations are apparently terrible.

You can find decently rated intro setups with eight mics at B&H photo for about $400. Pipe that into a laptop and you'd at least have SOMETHING to fall back on if the club drops the ball.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1135386-REG/vocopro_udh_play_8_eight_channel_uhf_dsp.html

Edit: And this is coming from someone who loves their regular production values. For the years and years I've listened to them their audio quality is top notch and I've always been super impressed how they sound. When other shows sounded like crap, they were some of the relatively early folks who invested in microphones that made them sound great.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Iron Crowned posted:

Serenity just makes me wish that they had a Patreon series where they talk about video games.

I'd settle for a soundboard of their mario hoho heehees, kirby bwaoooms, and other sound effects.

Would pair well with their gif collection.

Or a Jupin LPs the latest Zelda game with the boys providing live power hour commentary.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

kalensc posted:

I'd settle for a soundboard of their mario hoho heehees, kirby bwaoooms, and other sound effects.

Would pair well with their gif collection.

Or a Jupin LPs the latest Zelda game with the boys providing live power hour commentary.

Michael Caine doing tutorials and SFX is practically a soundboard on its own.

"Look out here comes Birdo. <Baow>. <Baow>."

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Aw this is a huge bummer, is this the first time that's happened?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Violator posted:

Man, at this point they should just be putting on lapel mics and recording themselves or something. I don't think I've ever heard a live show that sounded great and most of them sound terrible. Didn't Eric record one on his phone recently because the club's audio setup was so bad? I know it's easy to sit here and say "they should do this and spend money!" but they're literally losing episodes because the tech setups at these locations are apparently terrible.

You can find decently rated intro setups with eight mics at B&H photo for about $400. Pipe that into a laptop and you'd at least have SOMETHING to fall back on if the club drops the ball.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1135386-REG/vocopro_udh_play_8_eight_channel_uhf_dsp.html

Edit: And this is coming from someone who loves their regular production values. For the years and years I've listened to them their audio quality is top notch and I've always been super impressed how they sound. When other shows sounded like crap, they were some of the relatively early folks who invested in microphones that made them sound great.

You should listen to their earlier live shows like Cliffhanger. The current spate of live show recordings are crystal clear compared to them

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/Megapwomp/status/1125527213128990720

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think Cabin is EXTREMELY funny but I absolutely get the vibe that he's every stereotype about guys who went to film school given flesh and is probably one of those people that's an... acquired taste.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The worst thing Cabin does is that joke where he says a movie is bad over and over comedically and that's never been funny, even in the TGWTG era of internet criticism.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Cabin’s strength is that he is super informed on film history, and when he can use that to contextualize a discussion or tangent on the show it helps. His biggest weakness is he doesn’t have the comedic timing of the other boys, and his jokes are often a kind of brute force endeavor.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tart Kitty posted:

Cabin’s strength is that he is super informed on film history, and when he can use that to contextualize a discussion or tangent on the show it helps. His biggest weakness is he doesn’t have the comedic timing of the other boys, and his jokes are often a kind of brute force endeavor.

My thing is when Chris hits, he HITS. I mean Cabin is the one who gave us The Bidet.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I'm pretty sure Chris is the one that keeps up with all the latest record releases and has the best taste in music. Probably collects vinyls.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Oh boy Jesse and Chester, that was fantastic! I haven't given a blumpkin since I met Buster Keaton!"

:barf: Hahahaha

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My thing is when Chris hits, he HITS. I mean Cabin is the one who gave us The Bidet.

Also his moments of incredulous rage are too good.

NINE
THOUSAND
DEGREES

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Listening to this Dude Where's My Car episode is hilarious because this is one of my most watched movies of all time. Mostly when I was younger, but yeah. A lot of this movie doesn't hold up, but some of these stupid bits from it still make me laugh no matter what every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
It's okay for a grown rear end man to not like a movie for children.