Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky

kalensc posted:

Also his moments of incredulous rage are too good.

NINE
THOUSAND
DEGREES

I remember this but can't remember what episode it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

OrthoTrot posted:

The Core, I think.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Didn't someone clip the part with the hotel clerk in Seven? I can't find it.

What episode was that anyway?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I don't think the twist in SERENITY is actually all that bad, it's just the execution totally fails it. However, I thought it fit right in to Knight's questions about morality and right and wrong, which is what all his films are about.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love how quickly fed up everyone is with Eric's dad jokes this episode.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Is this the episode where Larry Clark became an O.W.I. (Official WHM Impression)?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I think this tragedy means we all need to stuff the ballot and call in National Treasure next year.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DoubleCakes posted:

Is this the episode where Larry Clark became an O.W.I. (Official WHM Impression)?

I'm pretty sure I've heard them do Larry Clark before

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
My movie's called KIDS

(told ya)

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

OrthoTrot posted:

The Core, when suits designed for 4500 degrees are used when it's 9000 degrees. And rather than immediately becoming a puddle of gumbo, Delroy Lindo manages to sweat his way to a thingamajig that is important for the cocket to work.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
This month's mailbag starts real strong. Steve's in the money!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Regarding that Don't Breathe story I guess I am the monster because I cannot sympathize with criminal protagonists, especially thieves and muggers. That's why I stood clear of DB and Attack the Block. If you mug or rob someone, you get what's coming to you (though maybe forceful insemination via turkey baster like in Don't Breathe is a bit much)

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
:yikes:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

No seriously, they were about to rob a BLIND MAN. When the blind man turns out to be pure evil, which they didn't know beforehand, I am supposed to feel sorry for them now? Ideally that movie should end with everyone dead, thieves and evil blind dude.

I might be biased because I was nearly mugged 5 times and it left me with a constant phobia of being alone on the street. gently caress thieves.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 09:22 on May 14, 2019

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
:ohno:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

AceOfFlames posted:

No seriously, they were about to rob a BLIND MAN. When the blind man turns out to be pure evil, which they didn't know beforehand, I am supposed to feel sorry for them now? Ideally that movie should end with everyone dead, thieves and evil blind dude.

I might be biased because I was nearly mugged 5 times and it left me with a constant phobia of being alone on the street. gently caress thieves.

I'm probably going to regret this, but do you support the death penalty for robbing someone? Because that's how this post is coming across.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

I'm probably going to regret this, but do you support the death penalty for robbing someone? Because that's how this post is coming across.

No, because that would be a disporportionate response to the crime.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 14, 2019

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
What a strange thread to die on this hill in.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

AceOfFlames posted:

No, because that would be a disporportionate response to the crime.

AceOfFlames posted:

Oh okay then.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Also gently caress you, I was excited for a new mailbag only to find out that there isn't a new one

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Oh okay then.

There's a difference between fictional characters and real life people. Sorry if I didn't make that distinction clear.

I do admit I have a perhaps too "rational" approach to empathy in fiction. For example, I don't understand why the hell people avidly watch Game of Thrones, a show filled with murder and rape, and yet get horribly outraged when Jon Snow doesn't pet his CGI wolf.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I too consider myself 'Too Rational' when I do not understand the humon entertainment shows.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

AceOfFlames posted:

Batman, but he just goes around raping petty thieves is a pretty good bit. That guy's like the Joker of superheroes

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AceOfFlames posted:

I do admit I have a perhaps too "rational" approach to empathy in fiction. For example, I don't understand why the hell people avidly watch Game of Thrones, a show filled with murder and rape, and yet get horribly outraged when Jon Snow doesn't pet his CGI wolf.

Yeah dude, I don't get why people watch garbage either.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The newest animation damnation is about my favorite episode of Pokemon as a kid

I really like their Meowth voice

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

“That’s my brand” succinctly captures the essence of Szyska.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Anyone ever see Space Truckers? Way better than Space Cowboys.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

MariusLecter posted:

Anyone ever see Space Truckers? Way better than Space Cowboys.

Alien did own, yeah.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

For me, Space Truckers is in the same category of movie as Hardware, in that I love everything about it except actually having to sit down and watch the movie itself. Imaginative sets, detailed costumes, fun effects, solid casting, unusable script, torturous pacing. Makes a good wallpaper movie if you want something pleasing on a screen you're only walking past occasionally.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

A new Mortal Kombat movie has been announced. Man would love for them to do an episode on that. Maybe a cameo by Christopher Lambert would be cool.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Steve is correct, this rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3er7IZLRek

He really nailed the vocals too.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I realized today that I picked up a Jupinism when I referred to the Netflix show The Society as "Stupid City."

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Another great ep of the Gleep Glossary, and what a great song to end on.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's kind of adorable that the guys think ol' Tommy crashed on the moon with enough air to starve to death.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I saw that movie a long long time ago and I didn't remember he was dead in that final shot. For some reason I got the impression the movie ended with him chilling on the moon waiting to die.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

AceOfFlames posted:

I saw that movie a long long time ago and I didn't remember he was dead in that final shot. For some reason I got the impression the movie ended with him chilling on the moon waiting to die.

100% same

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Anyone else getting a dead link on the Patreon for Serenity?

edit: Blank Check dropped a nod to SA on the Detective Pikachu Ep :psyduck:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Anyone else getting a dead link on the Patreon for Serenity?

edit: Blank Check dropped a nod to SA on the Detective Pikachu Ep :psyduck:

What was the nod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Firstborn posted:

What was the nod?

Nod is being generous, but the writers of Detective Pikachu mention how they went into the process determined to make Psyduck #2 in the movie and he mentions "Have you ever been to the SomethingAwful forums, they use Psyduck as emoticon, he has a specific feeling" or something along those lines.

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 18, 2019