Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeS0TrED8yU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Weird route to take for an Encino Man reboot, but whatever you want I guess, Tim Disney.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Hilarious that Im sure the creatives worked on that Sonic character for so long, and the producers are giving in to twitter.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lol wut

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o589CAu73UM
they didn't do their research

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'd watch the movie if William sounded like that.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

And the director of Sonic has only one credit

An animated short called Gopher Broke

Teenage Fansub posted:

He animated on Where The Wild Things Are. I'd give him a movie for that.

There were about 600 people listed in the digital effects team on that movie, he was just one random guy in the middle of the list. He wasn't even a lead animator or department head or anything.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Pro-click

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

New spiderman trailer that has tons of endgame spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt9L1jCKGnE

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Saddest Rhino posted:

New spiderman trailer that has tons of endgame spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt9L1jCKGnE

I mean it really only giant has one spoiler: Tony’s dead. It doesn’t even address/hints as to (also Endgame spoilers) the world is dealing with everyone coming back. That said, I’m definitely feeling what they’re doing with Mysterio and how they’re selling the story. The mention of the multiverse makes me think they’re going to lean into the Spider-Men storyline a bit but it’s probably going to end up being a giant dupe by Mysterio and none of it is real.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Forget the Endgame spoiler, they really didn't need to show that MJ moment.

The plot looks a bit more complicated than I was hoping. Maybe it's just this trailer that's more stacked with Nick Fury plot than European Vacation stuff, but the movie has plenty of it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

This MJ is a sarcastic gal, so that moment might not end how you think it would end.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I know a bunch of people bitched about Zendaya as MJ, but I like her in the role. She does a good job playing a funny, sarcastic foil to Peter's inherent derpiness.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Should have just called her Mary from the start imo, dunno why they were trying to be cute about it.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Avalerion posted:

Should have just called her Mary from the start imo, dunno why they were trying to be cute about it.

They had to leave it until after stuff with the other girl (Liz?) was resolved otherwise she immediately gets relegated to being "not MJ" from the start and no one is invested in their relationship because she's not MJ.

Trailer was OK, but I preferred the first one... I'm guessing there's no attempt (Endgame spoilers) To address the fact all his friends who didn't get snapped should be 5 years older? Not that I actually care that much either way Homecoming worked much better as a standalone thing.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Gravy Jones posted:

Trailer was OK, but I preferred the first one... I'm guessing there's no attempt (Endgame spoilers) To address the fact all his friends who didn't get snapped should be 5 years older? Not that I actually care that much either way Homecoming worked much better as a standalone thing.

For convinience they’ll probably just have all of them have been snapped, too.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Gravy Jones posted:

They had to leave it until after stuff with the other girl (Liz?) was resolved otherwise she immediately gets relegated to being "not MJ" from the start and no one is invested in their relationship because she's not MJ.

Also Venice is looking pretty decent compared to the post-snap shithole the United States had become.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Avalerion posted:

For convinience they’ll probably just have all of them have been snapped, too.

I mean how is that not obvious?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Proteus Jones posted:

I mean how is that not obvious?

I bet there's going to be at least one or two non-snapped people who get a walk-on as now-college students or whatever and things will be mega awkward. The movie will probably have a scene mirroring the Captain America film from the first one where they explain how society is re-adjusting or whatever.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

God I hope so. Seeing how society would deal with something like that is super interesting to me.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

pretty sure that the result would be mass starvation due to supply chains being unable to adjust to a doubling of the population overnight and a catastrophic housing shortage.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

QuoProQuid posted:

pretty sure that the result would be mass starvation due to supply chains being unable to adjust to a doubling of the population overnight and a catastrophic housing shortage.
Thankfully, the writers will explain in one line that in the last 5 years, Tony Stark invented replicators and cold fusion reactors that provide free food and energy to everyone.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

No no no, The Avengers saved the day. They didn't take Thanos' dubious truth and make it an indisputable, nighmarish reality purely out of ego. They are the good guys and they saved lives and everything is back to normal and resources aren't a concern. Thank you.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

QuoProQuid posted:

I got pretty bored watching Endgame after the first hour or so and this was basically where my brain went. That and thinking about random poo poo like:

-Boy I hope either nobody on board the International Space Station was part of the snap or if they were, it's still operating
-What happens to all the pets that lived in cages/tanks that reappear but their cages/tanks were moved? All those poor goldfish...
-I just came back but my house burned down/the bank repossessed my car/my job no longer exists/gently caress, all my investments are worthless and now I'm completely destitute, what do I do
-After five years people finally find the courage to move on from their disappeared spouses, find new ones, then whoops!

Somebody should make a movie about the realistic aftermath without mentioning superheros/Marvel/etc, I'd watch it.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Captain Marvel came back to earth with some mcguffin devices to help with all those problems...

She's gone away now so please hold your questions until she returns...

She's a very busy woman...

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Sirotan posted:

I got pretty bored watching Endgame after the first hour or so and this was basically where my brain went. That and thinking about random poo poo like:

-Boy I hope either nobody on board the International Space Station was part of the snap or if they were, it's still operating
-What happens to all the pets that lived in cages/tanks that reappear but their cages/tanks were moved? All those poor goldfish...
-I just came back but my house burned down/the bank repossessed my car/my job no longer exists/gently caress, all my investments are worthless and now I'm completely destitute, what do I do
-After five years people finally find the courage to move on from their disappeared spouses, find new ones, then whoops!

Somebody should make a movie about the realistic aftermath without mentioning superheros/Marvel/etc, I'd watch it.

I didn't watch all of the Netflix Marvel shows, but I know they at least half-attempted to explain what rebuilding New York City was like after Avengers 1.

The real answer is going to be:

cvnvcnv posted:

No no no, The Avengers saved the day. They didn't take Thanos' dubious truth and make it an indisputable, nighmarish reality purely out of ego. They are the good guys and they saved lives and everything is back to normal and resources aren't a concern. Thank you.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

LifeLynx posted:

I didn't watch all of the Netflix Marvel shows, but I know they at least half-attempted to explain what rebuilding New York City was like after Avengers 1.

Eeeeh, not really. They mostly use it for a reason why Hell's Kitchen is crime-ridden, and I think Jessica Jones has a client who's basically Baron Zemo-lite. The prologue of Spider-Man: Homecoming kinda deals with it though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The Infinity Gauntlet grants wishes without the monkey's-paw-esque unexpected results, it's almost literally "A wizard fixed it"

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal is too good for this superhero poo poo

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Vegetable posted:

Uh... you're referring to Jake "Prince of Persia" Gyllenhaal?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Vegetable posted:

If he'd done a better job breaking Tobey Maguire's back he could have gotten this over with in the '00s

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Edit: doublepost

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vegetable posted:

He’s good enough to pick up Aquaman 2 this is most definitely good enough for him.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

JazzFlight posted:

Uh... you're referring to Jake "Prince of Persia" Gyllenhaal?

That was almost 10 years ago - since then he's been in some amazing stuff.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Cult survivor step mom + paranoid kids =

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WY01raiiqM

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Vegetable posted:

probably true i just hope the role doesnt let him down. the vulture needed a bit more screentime but michael keaton helped make Homecoming

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ruddiger posted:

Cult survivor step mom + paranoid kids =

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WY01raiiqM

The trailer made me think of Goodnight Mommy before the director credit appeared.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

LesterGroans posted:

If he'd done a better job breaking Tobey Maguire's back he could have gotten this over with in the '00s

I thought it was Heath Ledger's back that broke?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Vegetable posted:

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Another dope looking A24 family movie, though this one isn't horror. It just looks profoundly depressing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RofpAjqwMa8