Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

BigDave posted:

Wouldn't this cause a dissociative episode where your view of reality is forever destroyed?

By all means, destroy this stupid reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

colachute posted:

By all means, destroy this stupid reality.

OK!

*downs 40mg of edibles and road trips it from Seattle to Leadville*

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

alternatively, do this, but also eat 20mg of edibles beforehand

Dude, only 20mg? That’s... very very little.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

alternatively, do this, but also eat 20mg of edibles beforehand

Shrooms too soon, inshallah.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

not caring here posted:

I call that efficiency drinking

It is very efficient, yes.

Its almost like you skip straight to the hangover.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 7, 2019

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

BigDave posted:

Wouldn't this cause a dissociative episode where your view of reality is forever destroyed?

Honestly not being sure if whats real is really real has been one of the biggest helps for me the last couple years. I had an allergic reaction to smoking weed out of a bong made from a coconut that let me see based on the way sound was bouncing off objects outlined in neon rainbow vectorgraphics lines with my eyes closed.
Basically that only rainbow colored. Like when i was riding in the car everything was black until someone spoke and then the speaker would light up and illuminate everyone else depending on how far they were. I walked with my buddies threw the local mall and only had my eyes open about half the time because i qas snapping my fingers so i could "see". It was amazing until the migraine and throwing up started and i basically had pneumonia for three weeks. I reccomend the vision stuff, not so much the nearly dying bit.

But ever since ive had a lingering "well i saw that OTHER crazy poo poo maybe this isnt actually the worst timeline and im just confused" to fall back on. It helps.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

BigDave posted:

One can only hope

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Stravag posted:

Honestly not being sure if whats real is really real has been one of the biggest helps for me the last couple years. I had an allergic reaction to smoking weed out of a bong made from a coconut that let me see based on the way sound was bouncing off objects outlined in neon rainbow vectorgraphics lines with my eyes closed.
Basically that only rainbow colored. Like when i was riding in the car everything was black until someone spoke and then the speaker would light up and illuminate everyone else depending on how far they were. I walked with my buddies threw the local mall and only had my eyes open about half the time because i qas snapping my fingers so i could "see". It was amazing until the migraine and throwing up started and i basically had pneumonia for three weeks. I reccomend the vision stuff, not so much the nearly dying bit.

But ever since ive had a lingering "well i saw that OTHER crazy poo poo maybe this isnt actually the worst timeline and im just confused" to fall back on. It helps.

This is the most TCC post in gip history and I think that should be recognized.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If you encounter anyone who thinks pardoning war crimes is cool, please congratulate them for having the same view of the US as Daesh.

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...

The Eyes Have It posted:

Apparently it's a criminal offense in the UK to (among other things) say anything about abolishing the monarchy.

So better safe than sorry.

There's an old (1848) law that states:
"If any person whatsoever shall, within the United Kingdom or without, compass, imagine, invent, devise, or intend to deprive or depose our Most Gracious Lady the Queen, from the style, honour, or royal name of the imperial crown of the United Kingdom, or of any other of her Majesty’s dominions and countries, or to levy war against her Majesty, within any part of the United Kingdom, in order by force or constraint to compel her to change her measures or counsels, or in order to put any force or constraint upon or in order to intimidate or overawe both Houses or either House of Parliament, or to move or stir any foreigner or stranger with force to invade the United Kingdom or any other of her Majesty's dominions or countries under the obeisance of her Majesty, and such compassings, imaginations, inventions, devices, or intentions, or any of them, shall express, utter, or declare, by publishing any printing or writing ... or by any overt or deed, every person so offending shall be guilty of felony, and being convicted thereof shall be liable ... to be transported beyond the seas for the term of his or her natural life."

If you take it as written, anyone in the entire world that even dreams of getting rid of Queen Victoria is liable.

Luckily, Q Vic is long gone, so we're free to think/talk/act however we want with regard to ditching the monarchy.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

colachute posted:

This is the most TCC post in gip history and I think that should be recognized.

If he hotboxed himself to death in his driveway in his used car dealer financed v-6 mustang and his dependapotomus came to GiP to ask us about SGLl fraud then it would have been a perfect GiP/TCC mashup.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

If he hotboxed himself to death in his driveway in his used car dealer financed v-6 mustang and his dependapotomus came to GiP to ask us about SGLl fraud then it would have been a perfect GiP/TCC mashup.

We'll see how i do with my GF in 11 years or so

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

goomsnarr posted:

There's an old (1848) law that states:
"If any person whatsoever shall, within the United Kingdom or without, compass, imagine, invent, devise, or intend to deprive or depose our Most Gracious Lady the Queen, from the style, honour, or royal name of the imperial crown of the United Kingdom, or of any other of her Majesty’s dominions and countries, or to levy war against her Majesty, within any part of the United Kingdom, in order by force or constraint to compel her to change her measures or counsels, or in order to put any force or constraint upon or in order to intimidate or overawe both Houses or either House of Parliament, or to move or stir any foreigner or stranger with force to invade the United Kingdom or any other of her Majesty's dominions or countries under the obeisance of her Majesty, and such compassings, imaginations, inventions, devices, or intentions, or any of them, shall express, utter, or declare, by publishing any printing or writing ... or by any overt or deed, every person so offending shall be guilty of felony, and being convicted thereof shall be liable ... to be transported beyond the seas for the term of his or her natural life."

If you take it as written, anyone in the entire world that even dreams of getting rid of Queen Victoria is liable.

Luckily, Q Vic is long gone, so we're free to think/talk/act however we want with regard to ditching the monarchy.

One weird trick for free immigration to Australia!

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

Idiocracy was a documentary sent from the future as a warning.

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1124413318259564544?s=21

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ElMaligno posted:

We'll see how i do with my GF in 11 years or so

Start talking long term to her super early in the relationship like that, and you probably won't have to worry about it

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

She told me a couple of days ago that she feels ready to get married and be with me forever. I agree with her, but i want to cohabit with her for a couple of more months before i pop the question.

also gives me time to shop for rings.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

gently caress that old school poo poo. Never marry until you live with someone. People might be wildly different and you might learn some poo poo you never noticed before, even after 11 years.

Take my advice, the habitually single guy who bang moms on cruises and just recently went on a date with a girl who had an epileptic seizure at the table.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Showing women that Pokemon episode with the rapidly flashing lights is a strange mating ritual, but effective I guess.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Uh... so did you guys do it or did that kill the mood?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

colachute posted:

gently caress that old school poo poo. Never marry until you live with someone. People might be wildly different and you might learn some poo poo you never noticed before, even after 11 years.

Take my advice, the habitually single guy who bang moms on cruises and just recently went on a date with a girl who had an epileptic seizure at the table.

Ewww, gross.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

LingcodKilla posted:

Uh... so did you guys do it or did that kill the mood?

What does your heart tell you

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

colachute posted:

She (and her teenage son) literary moved in on the 29th of April.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I never enlisted so i cant provide the perfect mashup sorry.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

colachute posted:

Life can be a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when there's so much on the line. But you and I can make a difference. There's a mission just for you and me....Just look inside and you will find just what you can do

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

colachute posted:

My man!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

colachute posted:

Sometimes you’ve just got to shake it off and seize your moments as they come.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Sometimes you’ve just got to shake it off and seize your moments as they come.

:drat:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

Here we celebrate late capitalism

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
We’ve apparently forward deployed some B-52’s to the ‘Deid a threat to Iran in case they decide to Tonkin up things.

I’m guessing that should some Iranian Shenanigans happen then the good lords JASSM and CALCM are gonna be visited upon the house of Persia.

What a time to be alive. Gonna start a war. A big one.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I highly doubt it's going to be anything.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

With all these forever wars we're jumping into im really glad i never took the (unasked for) advice i got from some family of "well if you dont know what you want to do with your life why not join the military. Theyll give you an aptitude test and assign you to something youre good at."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Methinks there needs to be a probe to determine whether or not they're just scaremongering and wasting money based on nothing at all.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Shots fired at a STEM school, two in custody

https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/status/1125859242311847943?s=20

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lol literally just volunteered to mobilize and talking to the coordinator about what fabulous tax free destination I can travel to.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
How does Iran's air defence rate compared to, say, 90s Serbia?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

https://twitter.com/desiderioDC/status/1125874756346097664

Falwell nudes :barf:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

We've been rotating 52s in Qatar for the past few years, to give the B-1B airframes badly needed downtime for maintenance/upgrades. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was just an ordinary contingency deployment.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Arc Light posted:

ordinary contingency

:raise:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

https://twitter.com/wsbtv/status/1125747110232518657/photo

BREAKING ACTION 2 NEWS: HISPANICS CATHOLIC, FILM AT 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Hannibal Rex posted:

How does Iran's air defence rate compared to, say, 90s Serbia?

They have the SA-20, can’t say how widely deployed it is because I’m not sure- but the JASSM/MALD-J are the only arrows in the Buffs quiver that are realistic to counter that particular system.