Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

Jason Rothenberg didn't use her in the countdown posts and they went full retard.
https://www.instagram.com/rothenberg.jason/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw2EIZLh2ow/?igshid=aob3ognzagvs

worth it

e: lmao all the comments bitching it's an old pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Just can't win with The 100 stans

e: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw5rdpVBb0R/?igshid=1ff0iixr3vwzd

esperterra fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 2, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

STOP GIVING US OLD poo poo!!!!!!!

I'm glad all the lunatics got pushed out of TV IV The Genghis Clarke Power Hour threads

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

STOP GIVING US OLD poo poo!!!!!!!

I'm glad all the lunatics got pushed out of TV IV The Genghis Clarke Power Hour threads

:same:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

GreenNight posted:

250 years ago.

Eh, isn't it less time they've actually been there though? I mean they also presumably traveled there on ice.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

MiddleOne posted:

Eh, isn't it less time they've actually been there though? I mean they also presumably traveled there on ice.

The producer said they have been on the planet a little over 200 years.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

Between Bellamy and Clarke they have a combined kill count of 1900 mooks. e: It's actually 1600, she shares Mt Weather with Bellamy.

Bellamy is currently in the lead, by 95. I hope Clarke can bring it home for the title.

e: She took all of season 4 off killing too.

Echo's third in kill count, yeah?

Bellamy's got a type.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rocksicles posted:

The producer said they have been on the planet a little over 200 years.

Are you sure? I don't think that tracks.

Just making up dates:
The colonists left in the year 2000 right before humanity nuked itself and arrived at Alpha in 2100(100 years in transit).
The show starts in 2100.
Our heroes gently caress around and kill the planet then leave in like 2105 then arrive at 2205(100 years in transit).

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Oh dear god, I was OK with the new episode, then Octavia showed up.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Octavia is a cartoon at this point. Most of the other characters have a little nuance to them, but she's nothing but a crazed liability. It's disappointing that she became so one dimensional. I'm also tired of Abby.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Are you sure? I don't think that tracks.

Just making up dates:
The colonists left in the year 2000 right before humanity nuked itself and arrived at Alpha in 2100(100 years in transit).
The show starts in 2100.
Our heroes gently caress around and kill the planet then leave in like 2105 then arrive at 2205(100 years in transit).

The show starts in 2149

Elgius 3 left before the Apocalypse, that's all we know. Took MerkCru 75 years to get there, Monty was in orbit around earth for a lifetime. They went under in 2156, Jordon went under in 2184, Harper died in 2206 and he set them on the way, They wake up in 2281.

The Elgius 4 mutiny was in 2047 and came back minus one engine in in 2156, so you can hand wave as much as you need to for how long it took the Elgius 3 to get where it was going. If it left around 2020-30, you have all the time you need.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ah ok that makes sense.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Raven's face looks kind of different in this episode, like the actress had some plastic surgery done between seasons.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

A good poster posted:

Raven's face looks kind of different in this episode, like the actress had some plastic surgery done between seasons.

She's been working out, her instagram pictures show her being ripped recently and she's been posting stuff from her hiatus holidays

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpU5MVYjsZG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

A good poster posted:

Na, I think her makeup is just different. I noticed it too.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

A good poster posted:

For a second I thought she was recast or something, but yeah, I think it's the makeup.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

A good poster posted:

I noticed it, too! But it looks less like work and more like a thinner face. Threw me off for a bit.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I love this show.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

FInally got to catch it.

All the Clarke-bashing, especially from Murphy, was awesome. Murphy in general was in rare form!

I also loved how everyone just spent the episode sniping at each other for all the poo poo they pulled last season, or in Octavia's case right back to The Ark, Jaha, and everything else. She has not changed a bit. :allears: Though it was nice to see Kane call her out on burning the algae farm.

Good idea to put Kane back on ice until we find out if The Passage is cancelled. He can always come back in 6 episodes or next season or never. Hoping it's soon, not that I want to see The Passage go because I'm enjoying it, but I'm Team Kane all the way.

Without Kane though, it was nice to see Bellamy in an assured leadership role. A far cry from his hedonistic leader persona of the first few episodes.

They were very on point with the comparisons to them making planetfall to the S1E1, right down to the gold line of the night "Does anyone have anything better than "We're back, bitches"? :swoon:

The actor they cast as Monty's kid is very much like him in speech/mannerisms. Good casting and acting there.

This is an interesting article speculating on possible connections between Eligius/Becca/A.L.I.E./Second Dawn and the colonists on Alpha:
https://www.hypable.com/the-100-season-6-eligius-3-two-suns-second-dawn/

They rightly say that Second Dawn founder Bill Cadogen appeared to have gone into the Bunker with his peeps (remember Becca begging him not to burn her at the stake), but with cryogenic suspension possible on this show, and all kinds of stuff showing up from before the apocalypse, I have a dark horse theory he might show up still. I said it before and I'll say it again: you don't cast a guy like John Pyper-Ferguson for a cameo. I can easily see that being some thing these writers would do, to pull him up a few seasons later as a Big Bad.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Astroman posted:

FInally got to catch it.

All the Clarke-bashing, especially from Murphy, was awesome. Murphy in general was in rare form!

I also loved how everyone just spent the episode sniping at each other for all the poo poo they pulled last season, or in Octavia's case right back to The Ark, Jaha, and everything else. She has not changed a bit. :allears: Though it was nice to see Kane call her out on burning the algae farm.

Good idea to put Kane back on ice until we find out if The Passage is cancelled. He can always come back in 6 episodes or next season or never. Hoping it's soon, not that I want to see The Passage go because I'm enjoying it, but I'm Team Kane all the way.

Without Kane though, it was nice to see Bellamy in an assured leadership role. A far cry from his hedonistic leader persona of the first few episodes.

They were very on point with the comparisons to them making planetfall to the S1E1, right down to the gold line of the night "Does anyone have anything better than "We're back, bitches"? :swoon:

The actor they cast as Monty's kid is very much like him in speech/mannerisms. Good casting and acting there.

This is an interesting article speculating on possible connections between Eligius/Becca/A.L.I.E./Second Dawn and the colonists on Alpha:
https://www.hypable.com/the-100-season-6-eligius-3-two-suns-second-dawn/

They rightly say that Second Dawn founder Bill Cadogen appeared to have gone into the Bunker with his peeps (remember Becca begging him not to burn her at the stake), but with cryogenic suspension possible on this show, and all kinds of stuff showing up from before the apocalypse, I have a dark horse theory he might show up still. I said it before and I'll say it again: you don't cast a guy like John Pyper-Ferguson for a cameo. I can easily see that being some thing these writers would do, to pull him up a few seasons later as a Big Bad.

the guy who plays Monty's kid auditioned for Monty, he did an AMA the other day and he was super nice and answery.
https://www.reddit.com/r/The100/comments/bjn309/hi_its_shannon_kook_jordan_jasper_green_from_the/

warning: shipper territory...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Colonel Diyoza continues to be her badass self.

Abby dropping the truthbombs on Octavia, who is pretty broken with guilt.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Clarke being affected by stuff that turns people into homicidal maniacs causes some sort of buffer overflow into trying to kill herself.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CeeJee posted:

Clarke being affected by stuff that turns people into homicidal maniacs causes some sort of buffer overflow into trying to kill herself.

That makes perfect sense. She's her own worst enemy.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I lub dis show

Rocksicles posted:

That makes perfect sense. She's her own worst enemy.

:yeah:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Colonel Diyoza continues to be her badass self.

Totally my favorite character right now. Every other badass is either neutered by themselves/the power of love and caring or completely fucknuts (Octavia). Diyoza don't give a gently caress.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Diyoza is so great.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I wonder what happens to people's bodies after they die, that woman seemed super concerned about doing something with them in a timely fashion.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

I wonder what happens to people's bodies after they die, that woman seemed super concerned about doing something with them in a timely fashion.

They've probably all gone wackadoodle worshiping some such ting and now they have to burn the bodies

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

esperterra posted:

It's probably something to do with the nightblood. Drain the body and give it to the pod children?

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Okay, so, I followed the show pretty religiously right up until the last season, and for some reason it didn't click with me and I never got around to finishing more than the first 3-4 episodes. I deeply gently caress with this series, usually, but I'm not super hype to go finish it, but I am super hype to start this new season, if only to see more Murphy (He's alive, right? Tell me he's alive.)

Point is: Is season 5 worth finishing? Can I skip to the last two episodes, then start this one? Should I shut the gently caress up and watch all of it?

Will Monty ever get to smoke weed again?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

esperterra posted:

She mentioned that the trees absorb the dead -- at least they would have absorbed the insects, and she expected that they'd have taken most of the ground team too.

ThePagey posted:

Point is: Is season 5 worth finishing? Can I skip to the last two episodes, then start this one? Should I shut the gently caress up and watch all of it?

Will Monty ever get to smoke weed again?

There's some good plot beats midseason, but I think the season was ultimately sabotaged by a weak ending because there's basically no third act. Octavia makes a pretty good villain though (for the most part).

Murphy lives.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 9, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Open Source Idiom posted:

She mentioned that the trees absorb the dead -- at least they would have absorbed the insects, and she expected that they'd have taken most of the ground team too.

There's some good plot beats midseason, but I think the season was ultimately sabotaged by a weak ending because there's basically no third act. Octavia makes a pretty good villain though (for the most part).

Murphy lives.

wasn't the best season, but it had some big die, that's always fun.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

esperterra posted:

Diyoza is so great.

:agreed:

I forgot how awesome she was til she popped out of her pod and shanked that dude.

Between Wanheda, Bludraina, and Diyoza, this planet doesn't stand a chance!

CeeJee posted:

Meanwhile Murphy is unaffected due to the Power of Sarcasm. :allears:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bob's knees hosed, let give him a limp this season. :ese:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

So is it accurate that for the entirety of last season without killing anyone?!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

So is it accurate that for the entirety of last season without killing anyone?!

Who? Clarke went murder free for season 4.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

:cripes:

Yes. Clarke.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

Open Source Idiom posted:

Our drowned friend (not sure what the spoiler policy is here) did show something that looked like roots under his skin. Sorta like the network of roots that fungi have. There's potential for some good sci-fi plotting there. Are the trees sentient? Is it just an ecosystem? Does all the insects die?

I'm not sure if a network TV show would make "The Woods" be the big bad for a season, but it'd be fun if they had at least some opposition that they couldn't shoot their way out of. And the whole nuclear thing is kinda old by now

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

wanheda, more like wanbaeda amirite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Maybe Season 6 is lowkey a prequel to The Happening

And I ain't mad about it