Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Kashuno posted:

I think there is an entrance in Everdunes. You'd have to walk Pran's path.

That, or figure out where Chobani has been. If she's got someone who can create more everdunes books, or other books, I wouldn't be surprised to find that she's keeping them in Myst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
...she's dead though.

Katran told me she saw it happen.

Choani admitted it was a lie that she was alive.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I can assure you, Choani has no idea where the link in Everdunes is anymore.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

...she's dead though.

Katran told me she saw it happen.

Choani admitted it was a lie that she was alive.

Wait what the gently caress?

Katran did not see Pran die. Not in the slightest. She wasn't even ON Everdunes when it happened.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

I can assure you, Choani has no idea where the link in Everdunes is anymore.

Intredasting.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Or at least to see Pran's 'death'

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
jeez that whole family just lies to everyone don't they~

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Choani still told me it was a lie.

Why would she tell me the truth when she didn't even know me and then later tell me it was a lie...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i'm not going to argue what Choani told you, but what I am telling you is what Katran told you and what I learned from Atrus are not in sync

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ugh, this is so frustrating.

Look, just don't leave without me. No emotions. I'm not going to cry to you not to leave me alone again and abandon me.

But don't leave until we talk about this. There's too much at stake to change things now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Krysmphoenix posted:

Oh and a small army

If you are sating Gehn is working for Choani now, I will put an arrow through his skull when I see him.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Look, I understand but this isn't about us. It's way bigger than that and we made a promise.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

50 pounds of bread posted:

If you are sating Gehn is working for Choani now, I will put an arrow through his skull when I see him.

I honestly suspect it might be Choani making Gehn work, with forced cooperation.

Not that it makes things any better.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

50 pounds of bread posted:

He's been working with her from the beginning.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rhjamiz posted:

He's been working with her from the beginning.

Interesting theory, got any proof?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Look, I understand but this isn't about us. It's way bigger than that and we made a promise.

If it was just about us I'd be seeing you tonight and I'd tell you everything.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

If it was just about us I'd be seeing you tonight and I'd tell you everything.

I hope you still will.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Ask Atrus.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rhjamiz posted:

Ask Atrus.

Got a lot of good stuff from Atrus last night, to be honest.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I hope you still will.

I don't think it'll happen.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Kashuno posted:

Conway of Clan Gavo

He's been collaborating with the Chochtic on something ever since I've been part of the Guild, and he hasn't been here that much longer than I have.

What the project is... I can guess that it must have something to do with the Art, but there's not anything more than that that I know.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hm. It wouldn't surprise me, though it seems to fly in the face of quite a few things I've heard over the days. ah well

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Is it really art, though?

It's more like writing.

I assume that since an art is worth a thousand words, the art is... worth a small book?

This analogy's gotten away from me.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Also, since I've seen this come up a couple of times...

what is "Orb"?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I am beginning to realize that there is more going on than I had been led to believe. I will have to think on this.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Meinberg posted:

I am beginning to realize that there is more going on than I had been led to believe. I will have to think on this.

Ain't that the loving truth.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

bagshotrow posted:

I will not speak for Ciel on this matter as it is not mine to speak on. But speaking for myself, my treatment by the dwellers soured much of my commercial ambition. And I was only rushed and accused of dishonesty. She was treated far worse, in a much more unstable environment. I would want some time off too, and I called in sick only once in my tenure as a maintainer, when every article of clothing I own was washed into the bay and

It doesn't matter why I took a day off and it doesn't matter why Ciel is taking time off either!!!!

Vermilion Jarlis

This one... apologizes. If one such as yourself does not wish to make a trade with one such as this one because he is a Dweller, then this one would understand.

The people of my birth-Age have been... especially tumultuous, of late.

That said, Ms. Lain - elected leader of the Nobles' Guild - where do you need this one to be tomorrow?

For the sake of solidarity this one thinks it especially important that one of us be present at the Fountain tomorrow.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

There's a lot going on and I don't understand like 95% of this but hey that's how it goes

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

This one... apologizes. If one such as yourself does not wish to make a trade with one such as this one because he is a Dweller, then this one would understand.

That said, Ms. Lain - elected leader of the Nobles' Guild - where do you need this one to be tomorrow?

For the sake of solidarity this one thinks it especially important that one of us be present at the Fountain tomorrow.

What is happening at the Fountain tomorrow?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vermilion Jarlis

Did you not just say that a big, special certain someone had been summoned to appear at the Fountain by the queen, or is this one just completely misunderstanding things?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Did you not just say that a big, special certain someone had been summoned to appear at the Fountain by the queen, or is this one just completely misunderstanding things?

No queen of mine. I didn't vote for her.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

The guards came from the fountain, which means they probably linked in there. I don't know where they went but there's no guarantee they went back there.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

I don't think it'll happen.

...I really hope you reconsider. I don't want to do this without you.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Asiina posted:

The guards came from the fountain, which means they probably linked in there. I don't know where they went but there's no guarantee they went back there.

Vermilion Jarlis

Ah, thank you for clarifying, Ms. Henderson. It has been far too long that this one has been "out of the loop," he thinks.

Clearly, in fact, what with everything that's going on.

Should there be a need for public panic? This one hopes not.

Instead, he very much wishes to hear more details about the Parade.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Ah, thank you for clarifying, Ms. Henderson. It has been far too long that this one has been "out of the loop," he thinks.

Clearly, in fact, what with everything that's going on.

Should there be a need for public panic? This one hopes not.

Instead, he very much wishes to hear more details about the Parade.

As I do not know what the purpose of the meeting is I cannot speak to the need for panic, but I agree, I'd love to hear about this Parade!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

...I really hope you reconsider. I don't want to do this without you.

I don’t know what you’re doing, but if Gehn and Choani are working for the book together, which considering everything and knowing that Choani has someone under her who can make linking books, makes a lot of sense, the only chance to prevent them from getting to Myst is to destroy the book and nothing less. That said, I won’t let that happen before helping someone in particular get to Myst, they deserve it. After that you, Kerath, and Salo can choose what you do with it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lea and Orchid aren’t coming, so what you choose to do is all up to you.

bagshotrow
Apr 23, 2011

Senior Apprentice

Andra of Clan Gavo

I did not become a D'ni loyalist to make friends, and by the way? I haven't

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Oh, friend Vermilion, I meant to imply no such thing. It was imprudent to say that the dwellers have mistreated me when truly only a handful have disgraced themselves.

Even if every dweller had wronged me though, this would not be my reason for refusing a trade - I simply would not trade away something of Ciel's while there is still a possibility of her reclaiming it and while I do not know if it relates to her goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

KhediveRex posted:

I'm certain we've discussed what that verdict would be. At some point. Probably in the Guild. But ... Can you refresh my memory on it?

I am currently in Tay. Waiting on an enquiry I hope will prove fruitful. In that regard, I'd like to request a leave of absence from the Senate Verdict. If not enough people are available, I can be flexible. But I'd much prefer to continue pursuing the question of that poker game.

Did anyone respond to the second call you issued to gather at our guild headquarters? Have we made progress?

Conway of Clan Gavo

We had agreed that neither side's claim was valid.

It looks like everyone is already busy tonight, so it will need to wait another day, but I would ask that people please move in that general direction if possible. We need to address this at some point.

And no, nobody was forthcoming with it today, sadly.