Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It’s level based. Fall damage is always nonlethal in Odyssey, but past a certain point you stop taking damage altogether and eventually get a ground pound ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

exquisite tea posted:

It’s level based. Fall damage is always nonlethal in Odyssey, but past a certain point you stop taking damage altogether and eventually get a ground pound ability.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is that new? It was an ability you got after a certain level from the launch version of the game, are you sure you didn’t just level up?

That would be it, I took a break playing it and only got back to it recently so assumed it had been patched out!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Anything for Spellforce 3? I've played the first two, never really got too far though.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Anything for Sekiro?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
https://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Sekiro:_Shadows_Die_Twice

There has been a balance patch to tools/combat arts and reduction to some spirit emblem costs. I haven't played it since I finished it. The tips should still be fine, though.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

This may be a bit YMMV, but a few extra things that I found helpful:

Several skills are absolute game-changers and should be gotten ASAP: Mikiri Counter, Breath of Life: Light, Ascending Carp, Descending Carp, Ichimonji: Double.

A lot of named enemies and bosses are bad at dealing with combat arts, and can be stunlocked.

The game generally rewards aggression, and punishes defensive gameplay: many enemy attacks will hit (and probably kill) you if you use souls-style spacing and dodge timing.

Every time your souls instincts tell you to dodgeroll, you should probably be parrying instead. Parrying is love, parrying is life.

Grinding doesn't really help, but if you really want to buff up your techniques, there are two early areas to do it: the three basket guys give ridiculous amounts of exp, and the sword guys wearing blue drop divine confetti when farmed.

The firecracker prosthetic is nuts, and can render several tough fights borderline-trivial.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

Goldfish are this game's "crystal lizards", enemies that flee when they see you and drop rare loot when killed; however, unlike the other games, goldfish that are scared away return when you rest.

This one is inaccurate: they're called treasure carp in-game, and they respawn 10 seconds or so after disappearing, you don't need to rest.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Just got Final Fantasy XII for Switch. Anything I should know?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mr Scumbag posted:

In addition to every tip previously included, the Xbox One and Switch versions of FFXII allow you to respec into new jobs at any time from your guild hall in rabanastre. Select whatever job combo you like, invest LP however you need and know no matter what you do you have the power to fix any mistake.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

Mr Scumbag posted:

Learn the gambits. Love the gambits.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Mr Scumbag posted:

Assuming it has the same "cheats" that the PC does, giving you max gil and LP, if you are enjoying the story more than the gameplay, feel free to use those, but be aware that it'll take you a solid 30+ minutes to unlock everyone's boards. It doesn't lock you out of anything, and on PC even gives you the achievements, and you can find them in the menu.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Barudak posted:

In addition to every tip previously included, the Xbox One and Switch versions of FFXII allow you to respec into new jobs at any time from your guild hall in rabanastre. Select whatever job combo you like, invest LP however you need and know no matter what you do you have the power to fix any mistake.

drat, that's super handy. Glad they added that to the later versions.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Something I learned yesterday about Deus Ex: Mankind Divided that isn't in the wiki.

They shut down the Deus Ex Universe app sometime last year so now all those hidden triangles are worthless.

Related to that, does anyone know if those unlocked anything in-game or was it all unlocked in the app?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

juliuspringle posted:

Something I learned yesterday about Deus Ex: Mankind Divided that isn't in the wiki.

They shut down the Deus Ex Universe app sometime last year so now all those hidden triangles are worthless.

Related to that, does anyone know if those unlocked anything in-game or was it all unlocked in the app?
I think you can get all their “content” on some wiki but it doesn’t unlock anything tangible besides an achievement and that would just be for collecting not accessing

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

juliuspringle posted:

There's a secondary game that takes place in the online world (the one you visit when you hack the neural net). Getting triangles in the main game gets you powerups in that game. (or, if you can't wait, just punch in your credit card and go!)

Personally I felt that game was rear end and quit after 5 mins, but YMMV.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I have just discovered that knifes break in Resident Evil 2/Biohazard. Any other surprises I should be aware of?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

I have just discovered that knifes break in Resident Evil 2/Biohazard. Any other surprises I should be aware of?

Mr. X can enter the main hall

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Mr. X can enter the main hall

And he is, in fact, gon' give it to ya.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

If you get grabbed on stairs by a zombie, you can't use a defense item to break free, so avoid fighting on them as much as you reasonably can.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

if you shoot zombies enough to make them "die", you can get your old knife back.

if you try to run in front of a zombie who knows you're there – and is coming for you – you will get grabbed like 90% of the time. They're faster than you are. It's better to stun them with a few headshots, then run past them.

If a particular zombie is giving you trouble, permanently disable their legs and they will be much easier to avoid.

you can move multiple bookcases at once.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Anything I should know before jumping into prey? Regarding skill trees etc: I don't like stealth I like to murder so I want to do that as effectively as possible.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

BlindSite posted:

Anything I should know before jumping into prey? Regarding skill trees etc: I don't like stealth I like to murder so I want to do that as effectively as possible.

combat reflexes (active skill w cooldown) + shotgun. kills everything dead. there's basically no stealth in this game. it's pretty much "alien doesn't know you're there YET" vs "alien knows you're here and it's either in your face or slithering around somewhere and you can hear it aggroed to you"

but you'll want to conserve your ammo until you find the pistol or shotgun shell recipes

take however many levels in the mind control ability as it takes to unlock disabling mind controlled targets. you'll probably almost never use it but it keeps your options open.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Shotgun is your best murder buddy. Get that baby upgraded and you can sprint through rooms, clearing them out like you're dropping into a German trench and just learned how to slamfire.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thank you both, gonna kill me some motherfucking aliens yo!

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Fat Samurai posted:

Knives break faster when used defensively (i.e. freeing yourself after you have been grabbed) than offensively.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Actually, another question about the RE2make: did they bring back the spiders from the original?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

no spiders or crows

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Barudak posted:

Has that been patched into the PS4 version? I'm happy with my choices and all, just curious.

Leavemywife posted:

Shotgun is your best murder buddy. Get that baby upgraded and you can sprint through rooms, clearing them out like you're dropping into a German trench and just learned how to slamfire.

Additionally, don't ignore the pistol. It doesn't have the raw damage of the shotty, but you can rattle shots off fast enough that if you catch a bigger enemy off guard, you can shred them super-fast.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

There’s an upgraded pistol available from a sidequest early on, too.

E: VVV that’s true, I had a ton of maxed out guns by the end of game.

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 12:21 on May 4, 2019

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

BlindSite posted:

https://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Prey_(2017)This seems still accurate, if you didn't get round to checking the wiki. Maybe disagree on some of the pistol modding stuff, never was that short on upgrade boxes

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Has that been patched into the PS4 version? I'm happy with my choices and all, just curious.

Nope. There was a murmur of back porting it, but since there is nothing concrete and this is SE expect that they wont.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I went and cleaned up the page for Arcanum, adding some categories and subcategories to make it easier to read. As I am just playing through the first time I haven’t removed any tips.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Some early-ish tips for Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark, though I'm sure there are people who were playing it in EA who have much more to say:

-Because your unused characters get some AP after every battle, it's almost always beneficial to have a slightly larger roster than you might be used to with other FFT-alikes, as it will open up classes more quickly and give you better flexibility to deal with different battle conditions.

-A large roster is also helpful with how Injuries work. If you have a character fall in battle, they will become Injured, which gives them a stat penalty until they heal, and they can't heal until they sit out a battle. On higher difficulties, Injuries can stack and even become permanent. It's never a bad idea to have three or four characters on the bench, ready to go, in case you have a handful of your team knocked out in a battle.

-Keeping your levels on pace with the story missions is important, but the battles are a lot more reliant on you having a strong strategy and a good mix of classes that will deal with any stage's particular challenges. Don't discount buffs and debuffs, they don't last long but they can save your hide.

-Poison effects show up early and stick around for a bit, and the continuous damage can be punishing. Healing it quickly, prioritizing taking out enemies that poison you, and equipping poison-resistant accessories will all help with some tough early-game battles.

-The storyline characters in your roster are good, and should be used in Patrol battles if/when you're leveling up, as they'll be required characters in a lot of battles. That said, for various story-related reasons, you may not want to hinge your entire battle strategy around them or specific class builds for them.

-Magic resistances and weaknesses can contribute to a huge difference in how much damage your spells do, it pays to keep an eye on them when choosing your roster for any given battle.

-Ranged weapons and attacks do not use line of sight, so you can safely shoot "through" your own teammates and obstacles.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

El_Elegante posted:

I went and cleaned up the page for Arcanum, adding some categories and subcategories to make it easier to read. As I am just playing through the first time I haven’t removed any tips.

Geez that page is a mess. So many of those tips are just straight up spoilers, albiet minor ones.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I just got Rise of the Tomb Raider 20th anniversary collection, and I had a whole bunch of cards unlocked. They had a ton of different effects, but I don't actually know what they are, or what they really do. Are they for a game mode beyond the main campaign?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Yeah they're for the survival mode. They add challenge modifiers for a score multiplier, added benefits that reduce your score, or just fun nonsense to run around with.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Leavemywife posted:

I just got Rise of the Tomb Raider 20th anniversary collection, and I had a whole bunch of cards unlocked. They had a ton of different effects, but I don't actually know what they are, or what they really do. Are they for a game mode beyond the main campaign?

They are for the expeditions mode, which is pretty much any mode that isn't the main campaign. Although you can play the campaign missions through that mode.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The survival mode in Rise of the Tomb Raider is DOPE as heck and some of the card modifiers are fun to use.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

exquisite tea posted:

The survival mode in Rise of the Tomb Raider is DOPE as heck and some of the card modifiers are fun to use.

I felt like all the side stuff was better than the actual game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Nier automata.

Thanks