Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Lol @ NBCSN not replaying the goal before going to commercial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Master Stur posted:

Kinda reminds me of the early lumbus games where boston seemed outplayed for long periods of time. think the difference will be if carolina gets gassed as bad

The Canes don't get gassed.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: It's my old friend, Mr. McKegg. With a stick on a puck and a puck off a leg!" :siren:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

:siren: It's my old friend, Mr. McKegg. With a stick on a puck and a puck off a leg!" :siren:

Best post itt.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

cool job boarding chara lmao

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Chara just going for a friendly snuggle and a nap on the ice.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Chara looked....not good after that hit...

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

uncalled too much mans cool

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Zyla posted:

cool job boarding chara lmao

baw gawd hes dead jim

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

canes are a really goony, dirty team wow

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Zyla posted:

canes are a really goony, dirty team wow

You... You know who they are playing, right?

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Nocheez posted:

It's a lot easier to control yourself when you're not pushed off balance.

This is a true statement but not especially relevant; he was moving fast enough and was close enough to Rask before the contact that he was bound to run into him. The contact exacerbated it.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Nocheez posted:

You... You know who they are playing, right?

yep, they're significantly outgooning us so far

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Serisothikos posted:

This is a true statement but not especially relevant; he was moving fast enough and was close enough to Rask before the contact that he was bound to run into him. The contact exacerbated it.

We can play the "what might have happened" game but we'll never know. He might have been able to grab the goal crossbar and avoid major contact.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Best chance for the Bruins in forever..

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Nocheez posted:

We can play the "what might have happened" game but we'll never know. He might have been able to grab the goal crossbar and avoid major contact.

learn to physics

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Nocheez posted:

Grab the crossbar and do what? a fuckin gymnastics routine?

antiga
Jan 16, 2013

Nocheez posted:

Lol, you cannot be serious. if he grabbed the crossbar coming in that hot he would have probably knocked the goal over

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

FUCKIN FINALLY CHRIST

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
I am excited for another one-shot PP

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Lol, no one heard the ref...

wait what...lol

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
Oh my god Tuukka had no idea where the puck was for like five seconds

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Nocheez posted:

lmao what

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I can't believe that didn't go in.

I also absolutely can't believe dopes complain that these teams play boring hockey.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
You guys are right, it's his fault for getting pushed into Rask and it should be no goal because the broons aren't allowed to lose and the refs suck and this ice is poo poo and *wahhh wahhh*

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

grassy gnoll posted:

I can't believe that didn't go in.

I also absolutely can't believe dopes complain that these teams play boring hockey.

yea every "this team plays boring hockey" stereotype is generally from someone who never watches the team and is basing things off of team reputations from years ago. This game whips.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Nocheez posted:

You guys are right, it's his fault for getting pushed into Rask and it should be no goal because the broons aren't allowed to lose and the refs suck and this ice is poo poo and *wahhh wahhh*

:lol::lol::lol: forums playoff poster "Nocheez" having himself a very normal one tonight.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Nocheez posted:

:iceburn:

it's important to remember that no one hates the Bruins as much as Bruins fans so you can't outdo us

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Well at least I am home in time for the third, lets see the score...

Oh.

antiga
Jan 16, 2013

Nocheez posted:

Bad take and meltdown, c-c-c-combo

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I dunno, it is pretty funny that throughout the playoffs, fans of Carolina's opponents have constantly been complaining about the ice. Like, including their own home ice.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Nocheez posted:

i have to assume you're better than this, because the alternative is...

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
wow that guy in the front row of the canes' viewing party is wearing some unfortunate shorts

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Serisothikos posted:

wow that guy in the front row of the canes' viewing party is wearing some unfortunate shorts

just about everything about north carolina except the scenery is unfortunate

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

grassy gnoll posted:

I dunno, it is pretty funny that throughout the playoffs, fans of Carolina's opponents have constantly been complaining about the ice. Like, including their own home ice.

ya its called being objective. the ice fuckin sucks tonight!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
I love that they literally sent Jeremy Roenick AWAY from the game to do one lovely little cut-in intermission.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Zyla posted:

I mean, go Bruins and all, but Raleigh is cool. North Cackalacky is a nice place. At least the cities anyway, but that's anywhere.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Zyla posted:

i had to go to north carolina once for work and the hotel the put me in was a glorified truck stop. also it was the only thing around for miles and the shop sold big rig parts

so :agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

grassy gnoll posted:

Go look back through pretty much every Bruins GDT this time of year / playoffs for... uhh... a couple years running now. It's been A Very Real Thing even mentioned by B's players in the first round this very season. :shrug: