Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Some Guy TT posted:

i have been seriously confused by my parents suddenly deciding the russians are responsible for all evil in the world when that was considered a mockworthy belief for my entire childhood

this isnt ancient history either obama gave romney poo poo for it back in the far off year of 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

maddow using neomccarthyism to support cia coups and john bolton

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Rachel maddow loving sucks stop watching that bullshit

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

rachel maddow is either full on alex jones level grifting her audience of dumb aging boomer liberals or absolutely crazy brains at this point

either way, you love to see it

daft
Oct 16, 2012

Good soup! posted:

Rachel maddow loving sucks stop watching that bullshit

you can’t tell me what to do

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i told the old d&d russia thread that john bolton used russiagate to stage a comeback when he had to be forced out of washington with his tail between his legs ten years ago and was called a complete loon since of course everyone knows that bolton is terrible and its not like his appointment could have been blocked anyway

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rachel Maddow becoming (or always having been) completely insane has been one of the more interesting Trump-era things. My vague perception of her prior to Trump was just of her being a kinda decent left-leaning liberal commentator.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ytlaya posted:

Rachel Maddow becoming (or always having been) completely insane has been one of the more interesting Trump-era things. My vague perception of her prior to Trump was just of her being a kinda decent left-leaning liberal commentator.

really the only difference between her and her mentor's insanity is that Keith Olbermann hadn't had an audience even before Trump won

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
After watching his post-election meltdown video, I'm assuming Keith Olbermann's mentor was William Shatner?

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Christoph posted:

After watching his post-election meltdown video, I'm assuming Keith Olbermann's mentor was William Shatner?

I wonder what Keith Olbermann's take on the whole Mueller fallout has been anyway. He was the panickiest pete of all the deranged Russiagate fearmongers. But it seems like he blew a gasket in 2017 and just couldn't take reporting on politics anymore so he dropped out. Probably a smart move. Did he see the writing on the wall?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
probably the worst thing about olbermann is that he's a yankees fan

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

olbermann is a succ elemental

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gianthogweed posted:

I wonder what Keith Olbermann's take on the whole Mueller fallout has been anyway. He was the panickiest pete of all the deranged Russiagate fearmongers. But it seems like he blew a gasket in 2017 and just couldn't take reporting on politics anymore so he dropped out. Probably a smart move. Did he see the writing on the wall?

Olbermann did a whole youtube video series called "The Resistance" that was sponsored by GQ, but it lost steam sometime in 2017

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

gradenko_2000 posted:

Olbermann did a whole youtube video series called "The Resistance" that was sponsored by GQ, but it lost steam sometime in 2017

easily some of the most cursed content ever produced

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Percelus posted:

easily some of the most cursed content ever produced

now I want to see a super cut of it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

now I want to see a super cut of it

https://youtu.be/-JbbbuN4rmU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

alan loving derschowitz. lmfao. we are a devil nation

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

the first warning of Rachel Maddow's insanity is when Kent Jones left her show, if anyone remembers that guy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

he looks exactly like Glenn Beck now

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

oh poo poo aaron rupar is an actual reporter? i thought he was just a bad twitter poster or something

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Percelus posted:

oh poo poo aaron rupar is an actual reporter? i thought he was just a bad twitter poster or something
LOL, at VOX yes. he is also an editor at ThinkProgress. Why do you think he is bitching about editors getting the blame?

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Its eerie how similar maddows cadence and tone is to how oreilly would talk

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
they're both blowhards so yeah

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
LOL

https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status/1126351043619577856

https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status/1126357598028963840

Progressives in 2019: Trump realizing destroying Venezuela will be the end of his Presidency with his base somehow translates to DIRECT EVIDENCE of Tom Clancy Manchurian candidate bullshit. Does this fat gently caress even remember that Trump won the primaries in part because he was talking mad poo poo about the Bush family and neocon wars in general? Does he not remember the reaction his base had when he bombed Syria? It still amazes me how Trump can make supposedly smart people completely lose their minds like this. ffs Jimmy Dore left TYT just in time. TYT foreign policy positions have been loving awful for years now anyway.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

If Trump does good things because of Putin maybe he should be taking more calls.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Slutitution posted:

LOL

https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status/1126351043619577856

https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status/1126357598028963840

Progressives in 2019: Trump realizing destroying Venezuela will be the end of his Presidency with his base somehow translates to DIRECT EVIDENCE of Tom Clancy Manchurian candidate bullshit. Does this fat gently caress even remember that Trump won the primaries in part because he was talking mad poo poo about the Bush family and neocon wars in general? Does he not remember the reaction his base had when he bombed Syria? It still amazes me how Trump can make supposedly smart people completely lose their minds like this. ffs Jimmy Dore left TYT just in time. TYT foreign policy positions have been loving awful for years now anyway.

never mind TYT's love for ankara and open racism to those who 'aren't turks'

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

dumb as hell that dore had to buy his own youtube channel back from mccarthyist shitheads like that at TYT

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

me, putting on Russian accent while calling trump: yes it is me putin. I command you to give Americans Medicare for all and stop all foreign wars.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Technically Russia still has a public healthcare system, even if you do have to bribe doctors in a lot of places.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Percelus posted:

rachel maddow is either full on alex jones level grifting her audience of dumb aging boomer liberals or absolutely crazy brains at this point

either way, you love to see it

crazy brains. we all got crazy brains.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If Trump does good things because of Putin maybe he should be taking more calls.

PUTIN, nefariously: u should withdraw american pig troops from russian colony of yurop

TRUMP, making GBS threads in his pants: pig troops? we have the best pig troops, the best. tough. pigs. i love pigs. i love troops. god bless america.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/anyaparampil/status/1126991321284132864

trump: russian puppet
maduro: russian puppet
anti-trump, pro-maduro protesters: russian puppets

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Basically admitting the pro-Guaido people are US government stooges.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
russia or whatever

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the Russian mastermind George Soros

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

GoluboiOgon posted:

https://twitter.com/anyaparampil/status/1126991321284132864

trump: russian puppet
maduro: russian puppet
anti-trump, pro-maduro protesters: russian puppets

I've got a friend who is a Russian communist (lives in Siberia) and he's super knowledgeable about Cold War eastern bloc. needless to say, the dude is not fond of putin at all, and his reaction when I show him how our media talks about Russia is usually a mix of amusement and disgust.

also, friendly reminder that Russia has an economy about the size of Texas.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/cassandra17lina/status/1128292643669270529

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

something about the color scheme and orientation of the heads in these is deeply annoying

it screams "trying to be adorably quirky"

like if you think this is an existential threat to the republic you could at least break out a color that wasn't pastel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

You have to admit it's still less insane than the Q-Anon style conspiracies diagram. Also "reversal into an authoritarian state"? That's a really optimistic take on Russia under Boris Yeltsin.