Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Someone earlier in the thread recommended allergy meds at Costco

Is there a particular brand I should be looking for? I'm heading out there in a bit and I thought I'd give a new brand a whirl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Shinjobi posted:

Is there a particular brand I should be looking for? I'm heading out there in a bit and I thought I'd give a new brand a whirl

Before you buy a Costco sized pack of any of the allergy meds you should give them all a whirl and see what works for you. Certain people swear by loratidine, others by fexofenadine, but my wife and I have found cetirizine to be more effective for us. You want some kind of second generation antihistamine, people tend to respond a little differently to each of them.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Shinjobi posted:

My wife gets sneezy and stuffy in the springtime and uses Reactine, and said Claritin was not as good.

But yeah should probably try em each out to see what works best for you before getting a big rear end crate.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

sweet thursday posted:

I'm sorry if I believe in the magic of Costco and their cheap selection of meats

Brother, you will never apologize for that here!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Before you buy a Costco sized pack of any of the allergy meds you should give them all a whirl and see what works for you. Certain people swear by loratidine, others by fexofenadine, but my wife and I have found cetirizine to be more effective for us. You want some kind of second generation antihistamine, people tend to respond a little differently to each of them.

Yeah, I didn't wanna bust out any big ol' bottles. I've been using allegra for a while, but it feels like the stuff isn't as effective unless there's a decongestant attached to it. I'd rather not be slamming those down every time I've got itchy eyes.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

sweet thursday posted:

I'm sorry if I believe in the magic of Costco and their cheap selection of meats

No, no...I'm saying that your post would make a great thread title.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Pershing posted:

No, no...I'm saying that your post would make a great thread title.
Oh. Okay. Good. I'm backing out of the knife and kitchenware aisle

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Yes, but the Kirkland Allergy medicine is on sale until this weekend so you should buy one of each, keep them unopened and return the others once you figure out which one works best for you.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also if you need the stronger better stuff it’s behind the counter.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

costco was doing BOGO bottles of old overholt rye whiskey for $16.99 :eyepop:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

sweet thursday posted:

I was pushing my cart back to the vehicle, my fiance was a few paces ahead. A middle aged gentleman walking toward the store pointed at a random article in my overflowing wheeled cage and said "You don't need that" with a chuckle. I said "Buddy, I don't need any of it" and we shared a laugh you can only share in the Costco parking lot.

Costco: making human connections in bulk

Man the bar for human connection gets lower every year. "this one guy made a bad joke about my cart in the parking lot, really felt close to that dude"

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Taima posted:

Man the bar for human connection gets lower every year. "this one guy made a bad joke about my cart in the parking lot, really felt close to that dude"

As I type this on an internet comedy forum. Thousands of posts into an uncaring void of fiber optic light, or darkness, who knows which but never a human face to been seen in the shadows or the light.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Taima posted:

Look it's bulk human connection at a good price. It's not the finest available on the market but it is of adequate quality and represents a value just like everything else at Costco. PBUC!

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Fart Car '97 posted:

Holy gently caress what? Overholt is my go-to rye when I don’t wanna spend a lot. Where is this happening? I’ve never seen the stuff in any Seattle co.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Taima posted:

Next year I'll just sniff the air as people walk by

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I just stand by the drink dispenser and wait for people to walk up and nod and say, "Refill?"

we all laugh

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

MarcusSA posted:

Also if you need the stronger better stuff it’s behind the counter.

If you want Sudafed then buy some drat Sudafed: don't buy a pill that mixes it with an antihistamine.
Claritin works better if you eat it every day for a few days and you probably don't need to be taking 120mg of Sudafed every morning. Just take a 30mg pill as needed instead.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I just stand by the drink dispenser and wait for people to walk up and nod and say, "Refill?"

we all laugh

Now there's a caper you can set your watch to

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

If you want Sudafed then buy some drat Sudafed: don't buy a pill that mixes it with an antihistamine.
Claritin works better if you eat it every day for a few days and you probably don't need to be taking 120mg of Sudafed every morning. Just take a 30mg pill as needed instead.
If you need to take Sudafed, take Primatine instead unless you’re a pussy and are afraid that your heart will explode.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
drat my local church didn't have any Bitchin' Sauce.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

DiggityDoink posted:

drat my local church didn't have any Bitchin' Sauce.

What part of the warehouse would I go to to find this?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pershing posted:

Usually in the back where they have the open coolers where the cheese/packaged fruit is

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pershing posted:

The bitchin aisle. Duh.

Usually where the hummus is.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm going to a Canadian Costco this evening, everyone. What kind of cool things should I be on the lookout for

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

sweet thursday posted:

I'm going to a Canadian Costco this evening, everyone. What kind of cool things should I be on the lookout for

Healthcare. See if you can bring any back in bulk.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Costco health insurance please :ohdear:

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

A pallet of denim jackets

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Whatever beer they serve on the sun.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Fart Car '97 posted:

Dear lord where where where. We need this. Now.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Gotta buncha steaks for Mothers day. And a bag of avocados for 8.99! YOU BASTARDS!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Was in Irvine this morning and after the meeting driving home I had an emergency poop situation. Costco was just down the street. Clean bathroom with Kirkland brand TP. Picked up a couple $0.25 bottles of water from the vending machine on the way out feelin' fresh. PBUC

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Chinatown posted:

Was in Irvine this morning and after the meeting driving home I had an emergency poop situation. Costco was just down the street. Clean bathroom with Kirkland brand TP. Picked up a couple $0.25 bottles of water from the vending machine on the way out feelin' fresh. PBUC

A blessed turd

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
If you didn't pick up a 1.50 hot dog afterwards to start the cycle anew I don't know what to tell you

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I stopped in for a few things the other night around 7pm and there were scant sample tables present, which is fine at that time on a Tuesday. The only one I tried were some lemoncello almonds which were off-puttingly artifical tasting, so avoid at all costs.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The Midniter posted:

sample tables present ... avoid at all costs.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

The Midniter posted:

The only one I tried were some lemoncello almonds which were off-puttingly artifical tasting, so avoid at all costs.

I'm glad I didn't buy those when I saw them

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
What’s the good olive oil to buy? There was a discussion a while back and the consensus seemed to be “not Italian”, “cold pressed”. But was there a specific oil that you all have found to be the best?

I swing by Costco before work and accidentally bought the Kirkland Organic Italian Olive Oil. When I reached my car I read the label on the back and it’s s blend of maybe 6 different countries or regions.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AmbientParadox posted:

What’s the good olive oil to buy? There was a discussion a while back and the consensus seemed to be “not Italian”, “cold pressed”. But was there a specific oil that you all have found to be the best?

I swing by Costco before work and accidentally bought the Kirkland Organic Italian Olive Oil. When I reached my car I read the label on the back and it’s s blend of maybe 6 different countries or regions.

Oh no! Not this again!!!

Buy whatever tastes good to you.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Oh no! Not this again!!!

Buy whatever tastes good to you.

Be sure to chug directly from the bottle when doing your taste tests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Oil up your body then attempt to floor slide from the back of the store to the checkouts