Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I'd make for a pretty bad spokesperson for being bi since like 90%+ of my partners have been women, but as a part of personal discovery, and casting off the shackles of society and expectation, I feel like I should post about Thanos being hot occasionally. :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I guess it depends on how you define "bi". I am capable of finding other men attractive, but every sexual aspect of being with another man repulses me, particularly eating rear end. I guess what I just described is "having good looking male (100% platonic) friends", but there's probably a tumblr term for it to make it seem exotic.

Well yeah, there's being bisexual (having an attraction & desire for sexual relations with the same & opposite sexes), but you're just describing being attracted to a dude without being insecure about it. Too many dudes are hung up on the idea that if they think another guy is attractive in any way, it somehow makes them gay, which is dumb as hell honestly. Big deal, I think a lot of male actors, musicians, comedians & even just everyday dudes are attractive too, but the insecure people are the ones that can't/won't admit it & project onto others by calling them gay or whatever. That's their problem, not mine or yours. :shrug:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yeah!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
More like newavatarful

I want the old one back

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Hafþór isn’t hot, he looks like a really buff chubby tween. Look at his silly face.

Also he does not at all pass for being Rory McCann’s older brother.

also his tattoos look like poo poo

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Butts are for poop not sex.
This is also my phuo.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

It must be a real low blow to be on the other end of that decision

Try adding kids to the mix! It's really lovely for everyone involved!

How do you deal with the cognitive dissonance of:
- Dad should be able to live his best life and homosexuality is non-problematic
- Lieing about their sexuality to the mother hurt the mother immeasurably
- Coming out measurably worsened the lives of every one involved, except the father
- If not for internalised-homophobia, I would not exist

TheMaskedUgly has a new favorite as of 17:14 on May 9, 2019

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

No, seriously, how the gently caress do you deal with that?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

TheMaskedUgly posted:

- Coming out measurably worsened the lives of every one involved, except the father

having unhappy parents trapped in a lovely marriage is bad. It's worse than having divorced happy parents.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

who did that to your av?! WHO?!

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

TheMaskedUgly posted:

Try adding kids to the mix! It's really lovely for everyone involved!

How do you deal with the cognitive dissonance of:
- Dad should be able to live his best life and homosexuality is non-problematic
- Lieing about their sexuality to the mother hurt the mother immeasurably
- If not for internalised-homophobia, I would not exist

that's a lot of inference for a kid to make. if they're smart enough to weigh most of those points then they're smart enough to not worry about the it imo

Rainbow Knight has a new favorite as of 17:33 on May 9, 2019

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

gently caress quote not edit

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Danny Devito is the pinnacle of masculinity and in Twins the sister that picked him is smarter than the one who banged Arnold. He completely destroys the myth that women can't find short men attractive. The guy crawled out of a couch sweaty and naked and was a penguin and he still managed to arouse the nation.

name a woman that doesn't find Krillin or Mario attractive, i'll be waiting

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I guess it depends on how you define "bi". I am capable of finding other men attractive, but every sexual aspect of being with another man repulses me, particularly eating rear end. I guess what I just described is "having good looking male (100% platonic) friends", but there's probably a tumblr term for it to make it seem exotic.

Reported for false advertising

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Danny Devito is the pinnacle of masculinity and in Twins the sister that picked him is smarter than the one who banged Arnold. He completely destroys the myth that women can't find short men attractive. The guy crawled out of a couch sweaty and naked and was a penguin and he still managed to arouse the nation.

:yeah: Danny DeVito is the most :kimchi: person alive.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

christmas boots posted:

Reported for false advertising

I just said it repulses me, not that I don't do it. It's a dirty job but somebody's got to do it...

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I think it's just noticing what's attractive. Maybe it's a primitive instinct to notice when there's competition. But it doesn't signify anything

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I don't understand how Uber and Lyft are losing money. Aren't all the expenses of operating the vehicle passed off to the driver, while all the company does is just run the app to connect drivers and passengers, then taking a cut? Is maintaining an app really that expensive? Where the hell is that money going?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Master Twig posted:

I don't understand how Uber and Lyft are losing money. Aren't all the expenses of operating the vehicle passed off to the driver, while all the company does is just run the app to connect drivers and passengers, then taking a cut? Is maintaining an app really that expensive? Where the hell is that money going?

Richer people than us

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I just said it repulses me, not that I don't do it. It's a dirty job but somebody's got to do it...

look at this chump that took the S.W.E.A.T. pledge

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Master Twig posted:

Both companies subsidize the cost of the ride. Uber and Lyft are doing the opposite of taking a cut.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

did the creators pawn the companies off to some old suckers already?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Master Twig posted:

I don't think the creators ever wanted to create a successful business providing a quality service that makes money from consumers. It seems like it's just some weird cycle thing "startups" go through where they bleed money until they get acquired and become rich, then the people who acquire them bleed money until they get their payday, and so on until it goes bankrupt.

These "venture capitalists" found a way to get rich without contributing anything of value to society, and when I become emperor they will be punished harshly for not subscribing to my particular view of how capitalism is "supposed" to work.

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010

Master Twig posted:

The app-based rideshare business model is to lose money on each sale but make it up on volume (...of driverless taxi rides, assuming those become feasible before the investors get tired of subsidizing the industry).

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Create startup > show proof of concept > sell to moron investors high on hype > retire

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Rainbow Knight posted:

if they're smart enough to weigh most of those points then they're smart enough to not worry about the it imo

They aren't, and they weren't.

Gripweed posted:

having unhappy parents trapped in a lovely marriage is bad. It's worse than having divorced happy parents.

Why not both!
(And I'd question your automatic assumption that post-divorce leads to happiness; I'll remind you that one partner is straight and ostensibly in love with their partner, and has created a life and kids based on that lie; I am absolutely certain my mother was significantly happier before my dad came out, and was, in some meaningful sense, destroyed by the revelation; it could accurately be described as the worst thing that ever happened to her, and she has yet to meaningfully recover)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My PHUO: 8 hours of sleep is a MINIMUM

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I’m bi cuz I think feminine dudes and trans etc are hot

Masculine dudes do nothing for me, never has, no matter how hot they are

Give me a hairless twink in stockings with a plump butt

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Not even brad pitt in fight club?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm straight except I'm exactly like Vince in that one GIF where he's staring at the muscle man until he falls over.

100% accurate.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

My PHUO: 8 hours of sleep is a MINIMUM

Sometimes I wish I could sleep in. It seems like no matter what I do the previous night and when I go to bed, I always get up around 6-7 am, when the sun comes up/the birds start making noise.

My PHUO is that while I know there are solutions (blackout curtains, white noise machines..), it's not worth it. Waking up that way all the time sometimes leads to me being tired all day, but I'd rather have that than sleep adequately but be woken up by an annoying alarm.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Sucks man. I bought a sleep mask and it was the best 5 quid i ever spent. Never use an alarm either I can rely on my body to wake up when it needs too.

I've been gong to bed earlier and earlier this year and ill easily get 9.5 hours if i can.

Kinda sucks to spend so much of my time on this planet asleep but if there's 2 things i can't handle its lack of sleep and hangovers

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Sleeping is one of my favourite activities. Especially since I used to have insomnia. Can really appreciate just laying in bed after a hard day at work.

Working evening shift has some problems, like if you wanna go shopping or whatever you gotta do it before work because everything is closed after. There's really nothing you can do after work except work out, watch netflix, eat and go to sleep. You wanna see a movie, go on a date, whatever, it's gotta be a day off.

However that is counterbalanced by the fact that I basically never have to wake up to an alarm, and can always get 8+ hours of sleep. Phone is set to go off at noon but very rarely wake up to that. Can even wake up at I dunno 9 am, eat, and then go back to sleep for a few hours.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

George Harrison's solo stuff sucks

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Janis Joplin is one of the most overrated singers ever.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Sleep is terrible and a waste of time. I'd rather stay awake forever than sleep more than 6 hours. Life would be amazing if sleep was off the table. Think of all the annoying poo poo surrounding sleeping you wouldn't have to deal with anymore. You'd get so much done.

Soon as there's a drug or implant that gives me the ability to never sleep with no side effects I am on board.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Collapsing Farts posted:

I’m bi cuz I think feminine dudes and trans etc are hot

Masculine dudes do nothing for me, never has, no matter how hot they are

Give me a hairless twink in stockings with a plump butt

I never understood why people say that the term "twink" is homophobic. Literally every gay man I know talks about their love of twinks, referring to them as such.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

I never understood why people say that the term "twink" is homophobic. Literally every gay man I know talks about their love of twinks, referring to them as such.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone in my life call the term twink homophobic. Where in the world are you hearing that?

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

fizzymercy posted:

Sleep is terrible and a waste of time. I'd rather stay awake forever than sleep more than 6 hours. Life would be amazing if sleep was off the table. Think of all the annoying poo poo surrounding sleeping you wouldn't have to deal with anymore. You'd get so much done.

Soon as there's a drug or implant that gives me the ability to never sleep with no side effects I am on board.

Yes, also eating.
It's so inconvenient to have to eat multiple times each day.
For enjoyment, sure, but for sustenance? Just let me photosynthesize drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Sleep is my sole respite from endstage capitalism and I can never get enough.

I am jealous of those with such extreme anti-social personality disorder that they're able to pretend to be the victims while siding explicitly with the oppressor in a given situation. This isn't politics, so much as "I wish I had the superpower psychopathy." Would I use it responsibly? I hope so but if I didn't, I wouldn't give a gently caress.