Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah I missed the first 10 minutes too. What happened?

Fitz's ship blew up. Space crew landed on alien space station at beat up some dudes. On earth, May and some guy I dont remember show up when some guy teleports in and get their plane shot down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I hope Fox dies.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah I missed the first 10 minutes too. What happened?

Enoch and Fitz-icle are floating in space when Enoch says he has to calculate Fitz's survival, then the ship they're on gets cut apart by a giant spinning beam.

ONE YEAR LATER

Piper, that one dude I don't remember the name of who shows up with Piper a lot, Daisy, and Simmons are out in deep space and get hailed by hostile aliens. Daisy beats them up, takes some fuel, and Simmons asks if they know where Fitz is.

Back on Earth, Mack and a new batch of disposable agents look at a map with some algorithm Simmons left behind. Something happens and they send May out to some coordinates. At the site, a dude walks through a wall and another guy gets stuck halfway through. The survivor shoots down May.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WHAT

e: yeah, i figured it was that

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Keller gon die

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Fuckin' Barry Shabaka Henley. Love that dude.

e: Was Fitz's cryo chamber one of those cargo containers that goes on a vehicle roof rack?

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 11, 2019

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Mental Hospitality posted:

e: Was Fitz's cryo chamber one of those cargo containers that goes on a vehicle roof rack?

Yes, because I'm pretty sure this episode already has more budget than last season

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

It's a Thule 615 I think.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Simmons is going to cut somebody

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Okay, the Orville has me spoiled when it comes to commercials.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Simmons loving owns

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
BEEP BEEP MOTHERFUCKERS COMIN' THROUGH

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Are they from the Mad Max alternate reality?

e: Holy poo poo. Agents of Fringe Fury Road season confirmed.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It's a shame I've already seen this scene

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

RIP Fox.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ha, even the "We'll return in a moment" isn't Phil anymore

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
drat Fitz can't catch a break. Besides being stuck doing space labor, he still thinks everyone is waiting for him in the future.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I wonder what he's injecting himself with.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/10/agents-of-shield-season-6-premiere-showrunners-interview/

lol. That makes no loving sense. One year later but still pre-snap? Unless they're now retconning the "You see that stuff in New York?" to be about Spider-Man: Homecoming or something.

The continuity is a mess and the MCU TV series are holding on by a thread, but it would be nice if they can somehow still pull something together. Especially if the Sarge threat represents some multiverse related shenanigans by some stroke of luck.

And can I petition that this thread have open Endgame spoilers? It's been two weeks, if you're watching this show and still haven't seen Endgame, I don't know what to tell you.

Teek fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 11, 2019

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Endgame has nothing to do with this show so no need for spoilers.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Proteus Jones posted:

What problems? Marvel TV is not MCU. There is no "problem". Just enjoy the show for what it is.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Endgame has nothing to do with this show so no need for spoilers.

:effort: I do enjoy the show for what it is. Until the showrunners drop the pretense of it being connected together, I'll hope that they'll find a way to make it work. If they can't, that's a shame, but I'll roll with it and hope they can use these next two seasons to wrap things up and tie up their remaining loose ends.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm hope the sheriff from Haven sticks around. Glad to see he's getting work.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

It made me just think if there was a time when both Haven and Twelve Monkeys was on the air at the same time. I'm thinking there was? Something of a Syfy reunion.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Do they shoot in Vancouver? Waiting for Roger Cross to show up.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Teek posted:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/10/agents-of-shield-season-6-premiere-showrunners-interview/

lol. That makes no loving sense. One year later but still pre-snap? Unless they're now retconning the "You see that stuff in New York?" to be about Spider-Man: Homecoming or something.

The continuity is a mess and the MCU TV series are holding on by a thread, but it would be nice if they can somehow still pull something together. Especially if the Sarge threat represents some multiverse related shenanigans by some stroke of luck.

And can I petition that this thread have open Endgame spoilers? It's been two weeks, if you're watching this show and still haven't seen Endgame, I don't know what to tell you.

I have faith in them!!!! It will all make sense!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway this season's jumpin right in on the weird poo poo

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

GreenNight posted:

They shoot in LA, the Burbank lot and around the area.

1. God drat Simmons and the details on alien torture :stare:
2. Daisy has always been cute af, and is now hot as hell

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

GreenNight posted:

No, but they've been pulling from a lot of Canadian acting pools these last two seasons. Not sure why.

I mean, it might just be actors travelling there, or a change at casting or something. *shrugs*

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Daisy is hot as hell, Simmons is cold as ice, and NotCoulson has dilf'd out.

this season is going to be nuts.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Regy Rusty posted:

This show will still fit in with the MCU I proclaim this to my dying breath

Regy Rusty posted:

I have faith in them!!!! It will all make sense!!!!!!!!!!

I stand with Regy Rusty

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

To be fair they also added some foam, dryer vent tubing, and spray frost on the window. That'll make a cryo-kit any time.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Season six was confirmed by the showrunners to be pre-snap. This is weird considering the 'one year later' scene of course but we'll have to see how it settles.

On the whole I'm happy with the start of the season. Two plots to follow and plans for rebuilding the brains.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bruceski posted:

To be fair they also added some foam, dryer vent tubing, and spray frost on the window. That'll make a cryo-kit any time.

Season 2 of the Expanse did the exact same thing with the exact same thule.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
great googly moogly that was a premiere

shield deep space squad, quake owning the poo poo out of people, jemma has gone completely bonkers, mad max coulson

AoS basically just told Legends of Tomorrow to hold its beer

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Arist posted:

Enoch and Fitz-icle are floating in space when Enoch says he has to calculate Fitz's survival, then the ship they're on gets cut apart by a giant spinning beam.

ONE YEAR LATER

Piper, that one dude I don't remember the name of who shows up with Piper a lot, Daisy, and Simmons are out in deep space and get hailed by hostile aliens. Daisy beats them up, takes some fuel, and Simmons asks if they know where Fitz is.

Back on Earth, Mack and a new batch of disposable agents look at a map with some algorithm Simmons left behind. Something happens and they send May out to some coordinates. At the site, a dude walks through a wall and another guy gets stuck halfway through. The survivor shoots down May.

This needs to go in the OP

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I like that they've finally started giving quake her comic powers

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Azhais posted:

I like that they've finally started giving quake her comic powers

She's still jacked up on Centipede, right? She should basically have Captain America style strength and speed, which explains why she looked bored hoisting the fat alien guy in the air.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Teek posted:

Honestly, just saying "gently caress it, we'll lag a year behind so we can react to the movies Disney stupidly won't let us know gently caress-all about" is probably the best way to handle it, so I hope it's what they do, and then Season 7 can be the final season and deal with the Snappening however much or little they want.

Or last year's time fuckery and this year's subsequent alternate reality poo poo sets the canon AoS now solidly outside of the MCU, which is fine too.

Yeah, you could just never address it ever, but that'd be kinda' weird. At least give me a loose fig leaf of "don't worry about it" in the actual text I can grasp on to.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

LividLiquid posted:

Honestly, just saying "gently caress it, we'll lag a year behind so we can react to the movies Disney stupidly won't let us know gently caress-all about" is probably the best way to handle it, so I hope it's what they do, and then Season 7 can be the final season and deal with the Snappening however much or little they want.

Or last year's time fuckery and this year's subsequent alternate reality poo poo sets the canon AoS now solidly outside of the MCU, which is fine too.

Yeah, you could just never address it ever, but that'd be kinda' weird. At least give me a loose fig leaf of "don't worry about it" in the actual text I can grasp on to.

my guess is the show's out of continuity with real life timelines, Thanos hasn't even found the Asgardians at this point, and then next season deals with Snap/Restore. Or maybe Tony just reconned everything out of existence with his Snap. Or maybe I don't give a gently caress either and should really just relax.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Oh, no. You guys have it all wrong.

Did you watch the spider-man trailer? They're doing incursions. That's what's next in Marvel. Secret Wars.

AOS is in a different dimension. Similar to 616 but slightly different. Thanos was stopped, it seems. They do their own thing. This way, in 616, there never was Kree juice to save Coulson. This way, they never needed to tie the TV shows into the movies, because they were in a different reality.

Now, they don't even have to acknowledge Agents of Shield in the movies to have it still be part of continuity. It's just one of the many shards of the multiverse. That will all be destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Well, they WERE following along the MCU since Thanos was arriving in NYC in the fifth season finale.

So, looks like they’ve jumped into a new timeline where he was stopped in Wakanda. Maybe Thor went for the head and the whole thing ended much sooner.