Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

sweet thursday posted:

I was pushing my cart back to the vehicle, my fiance was a few paces ahead. A middle aged gentleman walking toward the store pointed at a random article in my overflowing wheeled cage and said "You don't need that" with a chuckle. I said "Buddy, I don't need any of it" and we shared a laugh you can only share in the Costco parking lot.

Costco: making human connections in bulk

:911: god bless costco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Was just enjoying a Kirkland Signature 1/4 lb PLUS hot dog cooked at home with the family. My wife asks my two year old - "do you like them better at home or at Costco?"

He responds emphatically, "Costco!"

While I am taken aback by his discounting of my expert grilling, he did give the correct answer and I cannot fault him.

Also these are legit as fuuuuuccckkk

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

that label is amazing

as a dill pickle connoisseur I MUST HAVE THESE

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Edit ^^^ picked them up at Laguna Niguel on Heather Ridge this week

Chinatown posted:

Was in Irvine this morning and after the meeting driving home I had an emergency poop situation. Costco was just down the street. Clean bathroom with Kirkland brand TP. Picked up a couple $0.25 bottles of water from the vending machine on the way out feelin' fresh. PBUC

Irvine Costco is a shitstorm at peak hours, and gasoline is awful at all hours. But their selection of items is always top notch if you can make it through the parking lot with the elderly Asian women driving 1990s Lexuses.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 11, 2019

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

Irvine Costco is a shitstorm at peak hours, and gasoline is awful at all hours. But their selection of items is always top notch if you can make it through the parking lot with the elderly Asian women driving 1990s Lexuses.

my observations walking through the parking lot was as thus:

Mercedes G Wagen
Tesla Model S
Range Rover
Tesla Model S
Lexus SUV
Tesla Model 3
S Class Mercedes
BMW M5
Tesla Model 3
Lexus SUV
LIFTED Mercedes G Wagen
Tesla Model 3
Tesla Model 3
BMW 7 Alpina
Tesla Model S
*any AMG Mercedes*
Lexus SUV
Tesla Model 3
Tesla Model S
Lmborghini Urus
Tesla Model S
Tesla Model S
Tesla Model S
Tesla Model S

or thereabouts. Irvine is insane monied.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FogHelmut posted:

how are they? i find getting good pickles extremely hit or miss, usually miss., but i have a particular taste where i onlyt like pickles that can satisfying snap in half, and also very soury/vinegary and salty.usually the smaller variety because its more likely they have a huge crunch factor to them. i can't stand soft and/or sweet pickles. if i'm not getting my 2000% daily dose of sodium with a crunchy salty pickle, they are no good. butter pickles or w/e are an abomination unto god and those long sliced ones are often a sad soggy mess

the only ones ive ever got from costco that came close were like a Weissermans twin-pack but they havent had them in like 10 years.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I haven't gotten any pickles at the 'co before but I like Clausen whole pickles in the refrigerator section. Near the cheese I think. They are very crunchy because they aren't cooked/heated.

Otherwise Milwaukee Dill. Everyone has a jar of that in their fridge here. (everyone but me muhuhahaha)

I like pickles.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

The best olive oil at Costco is the avacado oil.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Peachfart posted:

agreed. also its avo

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Xaris posted:

how are they? i find getting good pickles extremely hit or miss, usually miss., but i have a particular taste where i onlyt like pickles that can satisfying snap in half, and also very soury/vinegary and salty.usually the smaller variety because its more likely they have a huge crunch factor to them. i can't stand soft and/or sweet pickles. if i'm not getting my 2000% daily dose of sodium with a crunchy salty pickle, they are no good. butter pickles or w/e are an abomination unto god and those long sliced ones are often a sad soggy mess

the only ones ive ever got from costco that came close were like a Weissermans twin-pack but they havent had them in like 10 years.

They're good. Very crisp. Flavor is like one of the deli pickles from the big barrel (which is the correct flavor), but a little more towards garlic.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I haven't gotten any pickles at the 'co before but I like Clausen whole pickles in the refrigerator section. Near the cheese I think. They are very crunchy because they aren't cooked/heated.

Otherwise Milwaukee Dill. Everyone has a jar of that in their fridge here. (everyone but me muhuhahaha)

I like pickles.

I'm a big Clausen guy. Chilled ones are just way better than the ones you get on shelves. The spicy Spears are very good but harder to find. I'd give the Costco ones a try next time I'm there, I haven't seen them at the Tustin District 'Co but haven't looked either.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Good Dog posted:

I'm a big Clausen guy. Chilled ones are just way better than the ones you get on shelves. The spicy Spears are very good but harder to find. I'd give the Costco ones a try next time I'm there, I haven't seen them at the Tustin District 'Co but haven't looked either.

Same. I'm going to look for pickles when I go to Costco next. I just recently started buying two jars of the refrigerated Clausens. I love whole pickles. They are generally crunchier than spears in my opinion. The more garlicy and dilly the better.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Peachfart posted:

And it's 1/4 the price that a smaller bottle is at my local Safeway.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I've never bought cold pickles before. But more crunch? I know what I'm getting next grocery trip.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

tangy yet delightful posted:

I've never bought cold pickles before. But more crunch? I know what I'm getting next grocery trip.

Dude, you may never go back again. The texture of cooked pickles is so much softer. The inside of cold pickles is a brighter light green, almost like a normal cucumber whereas cooked pickles are green all the way through.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I avoid samples. I don't need to fight with the loving vultures.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Peachfart posted:

This is an extremely hot take.

I settled on the California Olive Oil. It’s a 1L bottle so when we wrap that up we’ll try some avocado oil

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Holy poo poo. Avocado oil has a smoke point of 520F. I might have to look into this.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Avocado oil has a much much higher smoke point, has a delicious buttery taste, and is super cheap at Costco. Seriously try it sometime.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
You have multiple cooking oils and that includes olive and avacado

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

So many olive oils from so many countries. Hell, so many cooking oils in general. It's hard to grasp all the ways Costco can more than adequately fulfill your reasonable expectations

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The good olive oil is Trader Joe's 100% Greek Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Sorry not sorry.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

FogHelmut posted:

Sorry not sorry.

Is that the unfiltered unrefined stuff?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Dude, you may never go back again. The texture of cooked pickles is so much softer. The inside of cold pickles is a brighter light green, almost like a normal cucumber whereas cooked pickles are green all the way through.

Yeah always buy the cold pickles. The ones that aren’t are a trap for fools.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

FogHelmut posted:

Grillos are really good, but they don't seem to age super well. I've bought them a few times. The first time they were on clearance/had been on the shelf a while and I thought they were way too soft at that point.

I've nabbed fresh ones the last couple of times and they are way better. Overall a great pickle, just don't forget about 'em in the back of the fridge.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
BORAT VOICE MY WIFE got the falafels and the sharp cheddar from the 'sco, they're real good.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

AmbientParadox posted:

This is an extremely hot take.

I settled on the California Olive Oil. It’s a 1L bottle so when we wrap that up we’ll try some avocado oil

California Olive Oil is our normal go-to as well.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

FogHelmut posted:

Sorry not sorry.

Blasphemer!

https://www.businessinsider.com/costco-olive-oil-experts-top-budget-pick-2019-3

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

KakerMix posted:

Is that the unfiltered unrefined stuff?

It's this stuff -.

Some olive oil experts rated it "best for the money" a few years back. I'd agree with them.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

FogHelmut posted:

It's this stuff -.

Some olive oil experts rated it "best for the money" a few years back. I'd agree with them.

Ah nah we get "novello italian reserve" from Trader Joe's and it's super good. Unfiltered so it's kinda like ornate juice with pulp I guess. Tastes real drat good imho.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
If that oil is actually good it could be a big help in my "All olives other than Kalamatas are complete trash and all olive groves should be uprooted to provide more groves for kalamatas" idea.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
New York steaks were delicious. Tender, juicy, like butta.

I'm still mad at the 8.99 bag of avocados tho

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
Did anyone see this Ginormous Rocket?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsIr5UpfPnk

I just bought it for my nephew, he lives a couple minutes south of Kennedy Space Center, and he is going to poo poo his pants when we put it together.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Schadenboner posted:

If that oil is actually good it could be a big help in my "All olives other than Kalamatas are complete trash and all olive groves should be uprooted to provide more groves for kalamatas" idea.

gently caress you man green olives rule and eat my rear end in a top hat forever

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The Scientist posted:

Did anyone see this Ginormous Rocket?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsIr5UpfPnk

I just bought it for my nephew, he lives a couple minutes south of Kennedy Space Center, and he is going to poo poo his pants when we put it together.

I cannot see this ending up anywhere but as the decoration of a 100+ foot tall, Puget Sound old growth pine if you fired it anywhere near my Costco.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Bought the giant pack of the caramelized onion aged cheddar chicken burgers and my goodness they are tasty.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Dely Apple posted:

I cannot see this ending up anywhere but as the decoration of a 100+ foot tall, Puget Sound old growth pine if you fired it anywhere near my Costco.

Only place I could think of off hand where you night get away with it in the Puget Sound area is the glider field on Willows Road across from the soccer fields, and that assumes that neither the glider guys nor the soccer parents complain.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Ultraklystron posted:

Only place I could think of off hand where you night get away with it in the Puget Sound area is the glider field on Willows Road across from the soccer fields, and that assumes that neither the glider guys nor the soccer parents complain.

Weird, this is literally the first place that came to mind when I read that comment too since I start my runs there fairly often.

There's plenty of open parks and playfields you could use it at though.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Tim Whatley posted:

Bought the giant pack of the caramelized onion aged cheddar chicken burgers and my goodness they are tasty.

Are these just patties or full frozen burgers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Ultimate Mango posted:

Are these just patties or full frozen burgers?

Fully cooked patties