Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I couldn't rest until you were conveniently watching that crappy movie with commentary

edit: I just noticed a bunch of the older Rifftrax Live videos are no longer available (https://www.rifftrax.com/catalog/product-type/b-movie/collection/rifftrax-live) - when did that happen?

Breadallelogram fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Looks normal to me, what's missing?

Bedurndurn fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 22, 2019

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Bedurndurn posted:

Looks normal to me, what's missing?

oh hey

...never mind

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I was going to say unless it the ones that never got VoD like The Room or ones that still don't have a mp3 like Doctor Who, I don't see anything missing.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The latest short has Jimmy getting lost on the way to Fox Lake and I wanted to find it. I did, in the sense that there is a Fox Lake in California. They sure wouldn't have filmed there though!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/F...!4d-120.2276523

There doesn't seem to be a clear trail leading up to Fox Lake. One topographical map says there is, another says there isn't. Either way, I can't seem to find any trace of it in a satellite map.

In my heart, Jimmy is still making the trek, and he'll have even more hallucinatory adventures with the inept bandit along the way.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Heh, a sign of the times when Krull was released:

Wikipedia posted:

Despite persistent rumours that the film was meant to tie-in with the game Dungeons & Dragons, Gary Gygax stated, "To the best of my knowledge and belief the producers of Krull never approached TSR for a license to enable their film to use the D&D game IP."

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Has anyone sen their Planet of Dinosaurs riff?

has anyone even seen Planet of Dinosaurs at all?

I saw the movie when I was very young and had no idea what it was called before I asked on Toho Kingdom and was told about it. I'm very grateful as I love to watch both it and the great riff.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

NikkolasKing posted:

I saw the movie when I was very young and had no idea what it was called before I asked on Toho Kingdom and was told about it. I'm very grateful as I love to watch both it and the great riff.

I had a VHS copy when I was a kid and loved it because I was too young and dumb to really process and comprehend all of the horrendous padding.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have the riff but it's one of those movies I keep bailing on for some reason.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

I feel like this is the riff Ive seen the most because its seemingly always on when I turn on the twitch channel.

Its a good riff but sweet god is the movie bad.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

NikkolasKing posted:

Bikini girl? Dead. Chuck? Alive and shirtless.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Paper Kaiju posted:

I had a VHS copy when I was a kid and loved it because I was too young and dumb to really process and comprehend all of the horrendous padding.

I find that awesome because I also watched it as a kid and it was the piece of media that showed little me that maybe not everything that had dinosaurs was great by default.

Also one of the survivors (the 'tough guy' bearded guy) really looked like a loud, jerkish uncle of mine that I hated even as a child.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man, I want them to riff the Last Dinosaur

it's perfect

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Burkion posted:

Man, I want them to riff the Last Dinosaur

it's perfect

I remember begging my parents to stay up and watch this when it was on really really late one night. Mostly I remember the giant drilling machine and the way-out theme song.

That was a Toho production, wasn't it?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jet Jaguar posted:

I remember begging my parents to stay up and watch this when it was on really really late one night. Mostly I remember the giant drilling machine and the way-out theme song.

That was a Toho production, wasn't it?

Tsuburaya actually, which is close enough. They're the company founded by the guy who did all of the special effects work for the Godzilla movies for the 50s and 60s, and the two companies still have a very close relationship. Creator of Ultraman and a bunch of other properties, as well.

The fact that it was Tsuburaya bodes well to it maybe getting a Rifftrax release one day

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Burkion posted:

Tsuburaya actually, which is close enough. They're the company founded by the guy who did all of the special effects work for the Godzilla movies for the 50s and 60s, and the two companies still have a very close relationship. Creator of Ultraman and a bunch of other properties, as well.

The fact that it was Tsuburaya bodes well to it maybe getting a Rifftrax release one day

Holy crap, and co-produced by Rankin-Bass, no less! This would be so, so great.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I mentioned it last page, but how come the Doctor Who Live Show never even got a mp3 commentary? It been almost two years since it happened. Even the short was only just recently riff in the Comedy Live show they did.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Rirse posted:

I mentioned it last page, but how come the Doctor Who Live Show never even got a mp3 commentary? It been almost two years since it happened. Even the short was only just recently riff in the Comedy Live show they did.

Because the BBC.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Would 2019 Dumbo make for a good riff?

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Bikini girl? Dead. Chuck? Alive and shirtless.

Oh, what are you, some kind of Jim-lover?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Rats: Night of Terror was stupid and fun.

e:

quote:

Edited for content. Includes some scenes of violence against rats.

and by "some" they mean lots and lots.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1121808257293504514

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
From the maker of Horror at Party Beach comes the latest RiffTrax release, I Eat Your Skin. Includes lots of fake Spanish dialogue and an out-of-tune version of Torgo's theme.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bridget and Mary Jo have done another "Teen-Agers" movie, High School Hero.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So a weird thing about High School Hero is that now for some reason Jimmy and Roy now go to a different school? Also for some reason the other school's students all go to the Teen Canteen, even though it is inside the main characters' school.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

muscles like this! posted:

So a weird thing about High School Hero is that now for some reason Jimmy and Roy now go to a different school? Also for some reason the other school's students all go to the Teen Canteen, even though it is inside the main characters' school.

It's all part of the tangled web of the Teenagers Cinematic Universe.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

New movie out today. Looks very promising.

The email subject is: The movie that broke Mike, Kevin and Bill - it's BLOOD THEATRE!

Every time the Blood Theatre has opened for business, someone has died. But this time, the most incompetent theater owner in town has a good feeling about his chances!
After all, he’s behind such innovations as the totally necessary “movie theater employee locker room” and the enormous PA system that’s constantly blaring announcements to people who have already bought their drat tickets.

So it will come as no surprise that things immediately go wrong and people die. But at least their theater uses real butter instead of that gross artificial stuff!

One thing the Blood Theatre has going for it? It doesn’t show movies directed by Hobgoblins auteur Rick Sloane. Unfortunately, this huge plus is immediately negated by the fact that Blood Theatre itself is directed by Rick Sloane.

It’s up to you if you wanna join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for the riffing, the rest of us are gonna watch a nice, safe Neil Breen movie instead.

Oh I cannot wait. The director of Hobgoblins bodes well. This is gonna be good.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Never forget those brave Cardboard cutouts who didn't make it to the end of the movie.
:zpatriot:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

By popular demand posted:

Never forget those brave Cardboard cutouts who didn't make it to the end of the movie.
:zpatriot:

I bought this episode of MST3k just because of this scene that I remembered from watching it on SciFi. I had to see the movie so bad that they tried to abandon it.

HOB GOBLINS! HOB GOBLINS!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

If I ever make it to a cosplay convention in some weird twist of fate, Cardboard SOL crew is what I go as.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So... Blood Theatre.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
dinosaurus is like if you put beast of hollow mountain and eegah in a blender

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

dinosaurus is like if you put beast of hollow mountain and eegah in a blender

Beast of Hollow Mountain isnt really that apt of a comparison, since the Dinosauruses are actually relevant to the story beyond the climax.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Paper Kaiju posted:

Beast of Hollow Mountain isnt really that apt of a comparison, since the Dinosauruses are actually relevant to the story beyond the climax.

Beast of Hollow Mountain is one of the most baffling movies I have EVER seen.

It's like this weird lovely prototype for Valley of Gwangi and I don't understand it

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
in dinosaurus the guy boxes a dinosaur with a freakin excavator

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So... Blood Theatre.

Man what the hell was this movie? Was there any reason for anything that happened in this movie? Any kind of internal narrative logic at all or just random poo poo happening? And what's up with the freeze frame ending that related to nothing else in the film? I don't get it.

We were just dumbfounded last night after we finished. I don't know what kind of story they were going for at all.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm about halfway through it, and man, it's a hard watch. I love sleazy movies but this one is so slow and nothing happens.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Rick Sloane managed to make gratuitous 80s horror movie nudity uninteresting.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Re: Theatre of Blood

Guys, are we absolutely sure that Rick Sloan wasn't just Lowtax traveling back in time in a misguided attempted to recapture the magic of Doom House?

Goddamn just goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 16, 2019