Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Live At Five! posted:

I've started playing BFV again after taking a few months off and my main question is where the gently caress are any new maps? The game has been out for 6 months and in that time they've added 1 loving map. I almost wish that they still had DLCs ala BF1 because at least They Shall Not Pass came out in March of 2017 and added a total of 6 new maps but all we have so far is Panzerstorm.

Look at this stupid idiot, who thinks he deserves new maps. Lol!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

-dice

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Frankly they pulled the same stunt with battlefront 2 (it only had like two new maps for months?) and they also were disappointed in sales of that game and didn't promise a season pass.

I think it's great that we got away from season passes but they need to do a better job of launching their games and having the playerbase stay around.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

The Bananana posted:

Look at this stupid idiot, who thinks he deserves new maps. Lol!

I may be a stupid idiot but I'm not a stupid idiot. DICE has totally loving bungled the the post release of this game. I like some of the changes they've made like adding carbines to medic so they dont just have SMGs and I think the visibility changes are good but this game feels stagnant. After some googling it seems that a new map is coming next month but that's 2 maps in 7 months, what are they even doing? Tides of war hasn't lived up to their promise at all. At this point I'm just hoping they announce a new modern Battlefield coming this fall so we can sweep this turd under the rug.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Capital's not gonna let them do the things y'all describe, gamers are a cash cow and dumb as hell so subpar products built by ruthlessly exploited teams that are ultimately judged solely on their margin is all you get in the aaa shooter demo from here on out

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
^^^harsh but fair.

Hopping on for a lil bit

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Me too

What da gently caress 8gb update?? Goddamn my gamesless week

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Capital's not gonna let them do the things y'all describe, gamers are a cash cow and dumb as hell so subpar products built by ruthlessly exploited teams that are ultimately judged solely on their margin is all you get in the aaa shooter demo from here on out

I regularly bought boxes in BF1 because I absolutely loved the game and I liked the legendary skins they added to the game. BFV has nothing of the sort and as such I haven't spent a dime extra on the game. The situation would probably be different had the game lived up to any of the expectations DICE laid out. I was extremely hopeful about the lack of premium and was looking forward to a battlefield without a splintered playerbase. If BFV is how battlefield games will be without premium then loving bring back premium.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Man some of the tank skins on BF1 were the best.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Live At Five! posted:

I've started playing BFV again after taking a few months off and my main question is where the gently caress are any new maps? The game has been out for 6 months and in that time they've added 1 loving map. I almost wish that they still had DLCs ala BF1 because at least They Shall Not Pass came out in March of 2017 and added a total of 6 new maps but all we have so far is Panzerstorm.

When people asked for new maps prior to firestorm dropping the devs literally said the size of firestorm was equivalent to three or four maps so that we were basically getting that many maps.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I'm probs being real dumb but.. how do you unlock new guns

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm probs being real dumb but.. how do you unlock new guns

Either earn from from tides of war challenges during the first week of their release or buy them with company coins. Guns that came out on release are earned by ranking up each class.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Live At Five! posted:

Either earn from from tides of war challenges during the first week of their release or buy them with company coins. Guns that came out on release are earned by ranking up each class.

Yeah I'm still working on bf1 rules in my head wondering why I can't unlock guns by doing whatever dumb tasks

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Me too

What da gently caress 8gb update?? Goddamn my gamesless week

Get the gently caress back on

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Live At Five! posted:

I regularly bought boxes in BF1 because I absolutely loved the game and I liked the legendary skins they added to the game. BFV has nothing of the sort and as such I haven't spent a dime extra on the game. The situation would probably be different had the game lived up to any of the expectations DICE laid out. I was extremely hopeful about the lack of premium and was looking forward to a battlefield without a splintered playerbase. If BFV is how battlefield games will be without premium then loving bring back premium.

Phew OK so the bolded part has nothing to do with anything, lol at trusting a company. And what you're saying is you're one of those cash cows.

Which I guess is OK, that's your prerogative. But the business model needn't exist in the first place is what I'm driving at. It's all forced into place by these fuckers demanding more returns while delivering shittier products. they've realized that gamers are too dumb to stop buying New Game X and are pushing it onto their schedule for no reason.

Hence we get BFV which is a drat poor title but hey guess what it's next quarter, devs, whaddya got for the shareholders? Oh a giant poop because you burned your senior team out on the last forced timeline? gently caress it! Out the door with it.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Phew OK so the bolded part has nothing to do with anything, lol at trusting a company. And what you're saying is you're one of those cash cows.

Which I guess is OK, that's your prerogative. But the business model needn't exist in the first place is what I'm driving at. It's all forced into place by these fuckers demanding more returns while delivering shittier products. they've realized that gamers are too dumb to stop buying New Game X and are pushing it onto their schedule for no reason.

Hence we get BFV which is a drat poor title but hey guess what it's next quarter, devs, whaddya got for the shareholders? Oh a giant poop because you burned your senior team out on the last forced timeline? gently caress it! Out the door with it.

I agree that trusting a corporation is a bad idea but expecting a game dev to at least live up to what they did previously isn't absurd. It's just disappointing that they follow the best BF game with this poo poo. Expecting better from a company owned by EA is a fool's game but it seems like I'm a fool. I just hope the next Battlefield is better even if the odds are it won't be.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

FastestGunAlive posted:

When people asked for new maps prior to firestorm dropping the devs literally said the size of firestorm was equivalent to three or four maps so that we were basically getting that many maps.

Halvoy is ten times the size of Hamada, which means if you aren't a BR fan they blew ten maps worth of their budget on chasing a trend.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Why.

In the flying gently caress

Does dice make it so that when you are very close to someone, you pull out your knife and melee instead of, oh, I don't know, blowing them the gently caress away with a shotgun?

Worse still,

worse loving still,

Why have it so that, once you've done this, and have the knife out, pulling the trigger only continues to use your knife, even if you've backed away. instead of, I don't know, using your gun again.

Why?

Why is this a mechanic if the game?

gently caress you, Dice.

Because you hosed me.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Guys if we had more maps we wouldn’t have the epic experiences of squad conquest, combined arms, and the upcoming 5v5 competitive esports mode

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Bananana posted:

Why.

In the flying gently caress

Does dice make it so that when you are very close to someone, you pull out your knife and melee instead of, oh, I don't know, blowing them the gently caress away with a shotgun?

Worse still,

worse loving still,

Why have it so that, once you've done this, and have the knife out, pulling the trigger only continues to use your knife, even if you've backed away. instead of, I don't know, using your gun again.

Why?

Why is this a mechanic if the game?

gently caress you, Dice.

Because you hosed me.

The same reason why, on a gun equipped with a bayonet, you had to pull out your knife/shovel/axe/dildo/whatever and use that to perform some complicated melee dance to kill someone, rather than just poking forward the knife already attached the end of your gun that’s probably already pointed at them anyway.

That was one of the few things about CoD melee I liked more (In their handful of games with bayonets, anyway).

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Guys if we had more maps we wouldn’t have the epic experiences of squad conquest, combined arms, and the upcoming 5v5 competitive esports mode

They were trying to do 5v5 esports with BF1, did that ever get off the ground? I know I’ve seen BF4 esports of dom 5v5 or 3v3 or something. It sucked. Dudes just alternating ducking & jumping around corners, using the same classes and the same guns.

Also remember BF4 had more players on PS4 alone than Hardline did across all systems 6 months after HL released. There’s nothing :dice: loves more than releasing a dogshit game everyone abandons in a few months because it’s unplayable. Hardline was *okay* about a year after release.

I haven’t played in a month or more because gently caress new guns only being available for a single week.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
You can but them w/ the company coins (xp-like currency).

Some fun games w/ y'all tonight. I've apparently just started sucking completely as of late though and am struggling to kill dudes consistently.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
that G fight was extremely bitter and hard won. still insane how Warugado stays alive so well. kills whatever I'm all about gettin dudes shot but he's just so... never dead?? it's amazing

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I think BFV is the best BF by an absolutely massive margin but the lack of new maps really is an odd choice. I understand that the focus was on Firestorm for a while but if they don’t make up for it later this year then it just looks like a weird decision.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think it's good that DLC map packs have mostly gone away, because they usually felt like a waste of money that fragmented player bases. But the flip side is that we are totally at the whim of the devs and publishers with how much content they actually want to add now. And it turns out lovely F2P mechanics and different game modes are a lot easier to add than actual content. Especially if a game is underselling. A company like EA is definitely going to say "gently caress it" and add nothing of value.

I think Battlefield 4 had what? 22 Maps? Bad Company 2 had an entire game changing expansion...I guess this is where games are now. It sucks.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 12, 2019

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
We talked a bit last night about how old we all are but theres an interesting demographic problem (situation? Not as negative) I think games like these are facing now. you've got a community that's ostensibly 30 years broad, with incredibly diverse reasons for even wanting to play, and somehow both heavily fractured by branding but also simultaneously forced into the narrow scope of two consoles. Your choice is doing something so well it maneuvers that baffling maze and is spot on from delivery, fully aware that people will whine about it being "stale" or demanding "more" after your past commercial models have conditioned them to do so,

or garbage cash grab reskin pastiche code rehash micro transactions on a 15 month and shrinking treadmill

lol I know which one it's gonna be every time

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just noticed that if someone rage quits firestorm after you down then you don’t get the kill. Which is maybe the most profoundly stupid oversight I have ever seen in a BR game.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

veni veni veni posted:

I just noticed that if someone rage quits firestorm after you down then you don’t get the kill. Which is maybe the most profoundly stupid oversight I have ever seen in a BR game.

No way lol

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Not only do you not get the kill, sports fans, but get this....

The loot?

Yeah, kiss that poo poo goodbye.

Which has led to the meta shifting for some people to DCing as a means of resource denial.

Sux.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Gunshow Poophole posted:

We talked a bit last night about how old we all are but theres an interesting demographic problem (situation? Not as negative) I think games like these are facing now. you've got a community that's ostensibly 30 years broad, with incredibly diverse reasons for even wanting to play, and somehow both heavily fractured by branding but also simultaneously forced into the narrow scope of two consoles. Your choice is doing something so well it maneuvers that baffling maze and is spot on from delivery, fully aware that people will whine about it being "stale" or demanding "more" after your past commercial models have conditioned them to do so,

or garbage cash grab reskin pastiche code rehash micro transactions on a 15 month and shrinking treadmill

lol I know which one it's gonna be every time

That's a pretty fair assessment, but I rather doubt anyone's playing the battlefield series looking for a fresh gaming experience. Battlefield has been about combined arms, objective-based shootymans gameplay from the get go. It's a super simple formula and it boggles my mind that DICE/EA keep trying find "the next big thing" when they already have a tried and true formula. People play Battlefield for the established gameplay. Changing it and adding a bunch of superfluous game modes that fragment the player base aren't really endearing them to the players/consumers. Firestorm is pretty fun, but the regular MP experience is why I play Battlefield.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
I like to think DICE understands the appeal of thier series to a point but as far as publishers are concerned these days if you aren't chasing the next big thing/next MTX cash cow you aren't doing your job.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Come play some Buttlefield nerds.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD
Hey let's play shootymans

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Hamada fortress is pretty fun from my skylord perch https://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/4ee358ce-8f22-4e15-b680-be4493fe70e5

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

LOOKS LIKE MEAT'S BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS!!!

:hb:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Man, no one has been on for a like a week. It's so lonely.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, been going through some stupid poo poo irl the past week. Hopping on now actually.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
ill hop on in a bit as well, meat you say?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Well... sort of.
My flight doesn't get in until midnight tonight.
I guess I'm just hungry to get back to my favorite lame broken dead game. Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Whelp. Fortress is dumb af game mode.