Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

cp3 for butler probably would’ve been a good trade a few months ago but that’s only with the benefit of hindsight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for all the kindness guys. I really appreciate it. I try to be good to all my Posting Pals because I believe everyone should give what they want to get in the world so I'm glad I'm a good presence round these parts.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Declan MacManus posted:

cp3 for butler probably would’ve been a good trade a few months ago but that’s only with the benefit of hindsight

Caron Butler?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Caron Butler?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

HGH has really given him an incredibly stupid looking head. And he was born looking stupid. I need to get on HGH and just make my body strange

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Caron Butler?

like if houston had beaten philly to the punch

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Declan MacManus posted:

Would be a weird window for the 76ers. I don't think you're wrong but it shifts a "peak in 2 years" to "win right now" which might be tough.

Unless you meant trade with the Timberwolves and just wanted to punish Chris Paul.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Lockback posted:

Would be a weird window for the 76ers. I don't think you're wrong but it shifts a "peak in 2 years" to "win right now" which might be tough.

Unless you meant trade with the Timberwolves and just wanted to punish Chris Paul.

i like philly as a destination but don’t know that they’d move butler so soon after acquiring him but he does shore up a lot of problems

i figured cp3 would be a good “straw that stirs the drink” for minnesota and foster the development of their big men

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I'm pretty sure Paul is at the point in his career where he'd tell them to gently caress off and threaten to retire if they tried to trade him to Minnesota

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
The Lakers hired Vogel per Woj.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

they also hired jason kidd

trade lebron

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

xposting from N/V...

Bashez posted:

So Kristaps Porzingis got glassed or something.

Phil Jackson was right.

He's super pissed about something. Anyone speak Latvian?

https://twitter.com/TommySledge/status/1127631461610348545?s=19

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

drat I just found this thread

What to even say about the Magic

It was all worth it for a playoff win

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/KingFavre/status/597470190192955393?s=19

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Redgrendel2001 posted:

xposting from N/V...

He's super pissed about something. Anyone speak Latvian?

https://twitter.com/TommySledge/status/1127631461610348545?s=19

https://twitter.com/GreggWGME/status/1127661701632077826?s=19

These Russians clearly do not understand the CBA, gotta send Dunc'd On to Seberia to straighten this out imo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That's rough.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

This is amazing. King status

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Vogel is going to come out of the Lakers job looking like Tommy Thibs.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Welcome to the Denver Nuggets. An impressive leap forward for a team so young. You hate to say “well they will get it in the future” because you can never predict what will happen but throw certainly are set up for the years to come.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

PLus they have superstar Michael Porter coming BACK.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rick posted:

Welcome to the Denver Nuggets. An impressive leap forward for a team so young. You hate to say “well they will get it in the future” because you can never predict what will happen but throw certainly are set up for the years to come.

Great to be here. Would love to have more than 1.75 good players next season.

Even if MPJ is a good rookie next season he won’t be “help a team push from the second round to the third” good.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

kingcobweb posted:

Even if MPJ is a good rookie next season he won’t be “help a team push from the second round to the third” good.

I assume the team is picking up Milsap's option?

The nice thing is that as long as you have Jokic, you'll be in the mix. And he's about as easy to build around as a player can get.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Papercut posted:

I assume the team is picking up Milsap's option?

The nice thing is that as long as you have Jokic, you'll be in the mix. And he's about as easy to build around as a player can get.

Millsap is a difficult question. $30m is a lot of money, and during the regular season he honestly wasn’t that great. Will he be able to have another playoffs as good as this one when he’s another year older? Dunno. They’ll probably try to find a truly great wing in free agency, and if no one will sign with them, they’ll pick up Millsap for another year. Maybe they’ll turn it down and resign him for like 20 instead, idk. The Kroenkes are gonna be cheapasses no matter what.

The most under-the-radar guy I’m excited for is Malik Beasley. He’s had some flashes of brilliance and he attempts chaos dunks at every opportunity. He’s probably too small to ever be an effective defender on other 2s, though, and next to Murray that’s even worse.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Always kinda hated the Nuggets from my days as a Lakers fan, but Jokic is extremely cool, love his doughboy energy. I renounce my vendetta.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Rick posted:

that was a hell of good season. to go from missing the playoffs to one game from WCF. probably the most fun likable WC team too

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Nuggets are cool and fun. Shame they are obsessed with bricking shots that matter.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

kingcobweb posted:

I mean, they went 7 games in round 2, its not like they were outclassed or anything. Another year of roster continuity might be enough to make them better.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

That loss will sting for Denver but 2nd seed and knocking the spurs out aint too bad of a step. Gonna be interesting to see where they go from here

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/soconnor76/status/1127748741216251904?s=19

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

I mean, they went 7 games in round 2, its not like they were outclassed or anything. Another year of roster continuity might be enough to make them better.

If Jimmy Butler spent the summer working on running pnr and his 3p shooting, he could make a Harden-esque transformation from 2 to 1 and give them a clear first option for running offense in the half court. Ben Simmons gets the ball whenever there's a chance to run, maybe spends the summer working on his ft shooting. I feel like they could do something

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That's a heartbreaking way to lose and enter this thread Sixers fans, I'm sorry. The team has some pending offseason drama but it's too bad because this should be seen as a season of progress. Simmons and Embiid both took steps forward and I don't think either is through developing, so I'm hoping they can keep what they can together and maybe find a bench.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That loving shot.

I have to admit I don't have faith in this off-season shaking things up but I really hope it does.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
re-sign butler, re-sign Harris, re-sign Scott

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Stevie Lee posted:

re-sign butler, re-sign Harris, re-sign Scott

Remember how important he was to the 4 all-star hawks in the playoffs? He's got a very valuable game when these things get tight and you need all the mental toughness you can get

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That loving shot.

I have to admit I don't have faith in this off-season shaking things up but I really hope it does.

I have simple hopes for the offseason. For the Mavs to sign Zing to a long term deal, get Pat Beverly, and one other mid tier free agent. (It’d be cool if they keep their pick but I’m not expecting it.) If this happens, Mavs will be in the playoffs next year. This is the time when non playoff team fans still can dream.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Remember how important he was to the 4 all-star hawks in the playoffs? He's got a very valuable game when these things get tight and you need all the mental toughness you can get

I really like Mike Scott, if he were a good defender he'd be a starter, IMO

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

definitely watching this What if the Bulls Get Zion segment on SportsCenter

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The only thing I have for my offseason plan is max out Butler, he’s the engine that makes the team go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

The only thing I have for my offseason plan is max out Butler, he’s the engine that makes the team go

He really is. Sixers lose that game by 15 if he isn't there.