Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tubgoat posted:

I am jealous of those with such extreme anti-social personality disorder that they're able to pretend to be the victims while siding explicitly with the oppressor in a given situation. This isn't politics, so much as "I wish I had the superpower psychopathy." Would I use it responsibly? I hope so but if I didn't, I wouldn't give a gently caress.

You do not want to become Projared.

edit: please do not change my avatar to Projared's penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The landlord lady in Kingpin was actually kind of attractive, in a way that I can't explain but would definitely act on it and never tell anyone if given the chance.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Bad movies should be required to have happy endings. If the movie sucks, it's not fair for it to also end on a sour note and leave you feeling worse.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Sometimes I wish I could sleep in. It seems like no matter what I do the previous night and when I go to bed, I always get up around 6-7 am, when the sun comes up/the birds start making noise.

My PHUO is that while I know there are solutions (blackout curtains, white noise machines..), it's not worth it. Waking up that way all the time sometimes leads to me being tired all day, but I'd rather have that than sleep adequately but be woken up by an annoying alarm.

Same plus dawn is the best time of day

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Same plus dawn is the best time of day

It definitely is. If I ever find someone dumb enough to marry me they better be a morning person. I'm used to being the guy in the group who will be up 2 hours before everyone and have breakfast ready when everyone starts rolling out of bed, but it would be nice to not have to try and cook quietly and just like...cook, because everyone is up already.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It definitely is. If I ever find someone dumb enough to marry me they better be a morning person. I'm used to being the guy in the group who will be up 2 hours before everyone and have breakfast ready when everyone starts rolling out of bed, but it would be nice to not have to try and cook quietly and just like...cook, because everyone is up already.

I hated sleepovers at my friends’ as a kid because it’d be 3+ hours of quietly staring at the ceiling before any of the lazy motherfuckers in their house got up, and I wasn’t about to go play or pour some cereal without asking.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

When a comedian get's cancelled, all their old material should be retroactively attributed to Dane Cook. That way people can still appreciate it. Ideally Dane Cook would rerecord all their albums. But for now if you ever wanna tell a Louis CK or Bill Cosby joke, just preface it by saying that it's a Dane Cook joke.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Tubgoat posted:

Sleep is my sole respite from endstage capitalism and I can never get enough.

The problem with sleep is that you don't get to enjoy the full experience because your brain is shut down for most of it. I think 8 hours of the comfy dozing you do after just waking up but before you get up would be swell.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

spit on my clit posted:

You do not want to become Projared.

edit: please do not change my avatar to Projared's penis

a dude who can't keep it in his pants doesn't really have much to do with psychopathy.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If you’re a human between 20 and 60 and don’t have any health conditions, you should be able to do at least a few pull-ups in a row.

E: also blinds suck compared to simple curtains. I don’t want to dust that poo poo.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 14:26 on May 12, 2019

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aramek posted:

a dude who can't keep it in his pants doesn't really have much to do with psychopathy.

ok then you don't want to become purplekecleon

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Opinion 1

Modern movie trailers (for big budget / popcorn entertainment / major releases) aren't necessarily edited or created in any way to make a person interested in a movie. They're specifically designed for Youtubers/bloggers/weirdos to dissect and hype and speculate for months. Having dipshits with a million-plus subscriber audience chew up and regurgitate the thing you did - for free - is a better, more efficient way to advertise and rile up your fans, and there's no need to create an advertising campaign that has to stand out in the lightspeed forward momentum of viral content.

What the Emperor's Laugh in the New Star Wars Trailer Could Actually Mean For The Future of the Series
This One Trailer Shot May Change Your Mind on Venom

It's less about making something interesting/coherent and more about the comments section.

Opinion 2

Unionizing VFX/videogame/animation studios is a noble goal, but it won't work because the second it actually happens, the work will get outsourced with no real long-lasting outrage from the film/gaming communities. Yeah, I feel for your job-loss, bro, but Red Dead Redemption 3 isn't going to play itself, and I skip the credits anyways.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I don't expect the new/"last" Star War to be very good, but it has Billy Dee Williams laughing while driving the Millenium Falcon with Chewbacca so I'm already watching it.

This is different from Adventurers: The Last One because cool people grew up with Star Wars while only dweebs read comics, and also I'm convinced that half the people who claim to have read Marvel comics as children didn't. There's people who I knew as a child, and did loads of dorky poo poo with, who are now like "yes I was actually reading comics the whole time and THAT is why I am crying about Chris Buffman doing the time travel thing with his silly-suited friends! I don't normally like corny family properties for all audiences! It's ~special~"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don't expect the new/"last" Star War to be very good, but it has Billy Dee Williams laughing while driving the Millenium Falcon with Chewbacca so I'm already watching it.

This is different from Adventurers: The Last One because cool people grew up with Star Wars while only dweebs read comics, and also I'm convinced that half the people who claim to have read Marvel comics as children didn't. There's people who I knew as a child, and did loads of dorky poo poo with, who are now like "yes I was actually reading comics the whole time and THAT is why I am crying about Chris Buffman doing the time travel thing with his silly-suited friends! I don't normally like corny family properties for all audiences! It's ~special~"

Nobody gives a poo poo about the comics. People cared about Iron Man because they watched and enjoyed the like 9 movies about him, not because of an attachment to the comics

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

There are adults who watched the first Iron Man movie when they were in elementary school

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

There are adults who watched the first Iron Man movie when they were in elementary school

hey, respect your elders

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Dubbed dragon ball super is better than subbed dragon ball super.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

Hello

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Faustian Bargain posted:

Agreed if only because I prefer Buu's english voice to the weirdly rough japanese voice.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Faustian Bargain posted:

Same but all anime

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Faustian Bargain posted:

Even among the hardcore weebs I don't think you'll find a whole lot of disagreement on that. Japanese Goku being voiced by a woman in her late 70s just does not sound good.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Faustian Bargain posted:

The Japanese version of the music is better than the English, but otherwise agreed.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Match-making has ruined fps games

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Short men (under 175 cm) invariably have some form of short man syndrome and should not be allowed in positions of power since they cannot be trusted to wield it justly and in the name of righteousness.

E: same with bald men who have Bald Man Syndrome, having lost their aireals, rendering them unable to receive soothing cosmic signals, causing them to be uptight.

Shibawanko has a new favorite as of 09:41 on May 13, 2019

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

We Know Catheters posted:

Non-competitive casual fps'ing sure; but match-making has been a god-send if your goal is 'git gud' and you have no friends.

I'm more inclined to say 'removing private servers entirely in favour of matchmaking' ruined casual fps'ing, since it kills 'community servers'.

TheMaskedUgly has a new favorite as of 09:50 on May 13, 2019

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

hawowanlawow posted:

also his tattoos look like poo poo

in his hometown he was known as "Haffi Heimski" or "Haffi the Dumb"

Also he beats his girlfriends

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Shibawanko posted:

Short men (under 175 cm) invariably have some form of short man syndrome and should not be allowed in positions of power since they cannot be trusted to wield it justly and in the name of righteousness.

E: same with bald men who have Bald Man Syndrome, having lost their aireals, rendering them unable to receive soothing cosmic signals, causing them to be uptight.

I thought 160 cm was average? This is very disconcerting.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
People moving on from TF2 ruined FPS. TF2 with two decent 6, 9, or 12 person teams was the loving pinnacle. Also Valve ruined FPS by ruining TF2 with all the gimmick weapons and cosmetics.

Also, I'm a tiny man (a lofty and metric 168cm) and even normal poo poo I do is sometimes called short-man syndrome.

Me, doing pull ups or push ups at home while playing a video game: total napoleon complex
My partner, towering at 182cm, doing the exact same thing: he sure cares about physical fitness! an inspiration!

That's my story. Now off to steal a crown from the pope.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's because short tiny people tend to have really good back posture in order to maximize their height. So everything they do looks way too "tryhard" while a taller person slightly slouches and everything they do looks more casual and normal. Stop having such good posture.

My opinion is that I'm giddy that the US stock market seems to be tumbling the past week because it means I can buy cheaper stocks. I'm buying the S&P 500 all the way down and all the way back up.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Mu Zeta posted:

It's because short tiny people tend to have really good back posture in order to maximize their height. So everything they do looks way too "tryhard" while a taller person slightly slouches and everything they do looks more casual and normal. Stop having such good posture.

This sounds like something a casting director for Seinfeld said

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

chex mix is a better snack than potato chips

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

We Know Catheters posted:

matchmaking ruins pretty much most games. just bring servers back so we can gently caress around with our friends instead of the who-gives-a-poo poo nature of joining a game and being yelled at for not doing The Strats

MMOs get hit the hardest by it. No need for guilds any more, just dial-a-party and get stuck with either an alright guy or some complete moronic asshat.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
Do the strats! They work!
Why am I the bad guy for you playing badly

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

People moving on from TF2 Starsiege Tribes ruined FPS. Starsiege Tribes with two decent 612, 916, or 1218 person teams was the loving pinnacle.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

doing pull ups or push ups at home while playing a video game

How

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Turn times/pause/matchmaking

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

After multiple single-player games on DOTA 2, I felt confident enough to play online.
That was a mistake.
I was yelled at for simply choosing the "wrong" character.
If I even moved in a different direction, the chat would be full of curses and requests to kick me from the game.

Message received, I'll go back to Left 4 Dead.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Mighty Moltres posted:

After multiple single-player games on DOTA 2, I felt confident enough to play online.
That was a mistake.
If I even moved in a different direction, the chat would be full of curses and requests to kick me from the game.

just pick meepo and go nuts, they love that

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

The Mighty Moltres posted:

That was a mistake.

the only reason to play mobas in 2019 is to make gamers mad at you by playing Techies in Dota 2 or Singed in LoL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Dota 2 ruined normal videogames for me because id rather come home after work and play a mediocre game of dota 2 for an hour than all the generic retreads of the open world formula which bores be too tears.

Dota is intersting, it has statistics and its challenging and each game is seperate. I dont need to come home and play days gone for 3 hours a night for a month because that sounds loving boring