Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

Milo and POTUS posted:

People are only freaking out because nobody wants to go through this poo poo again

Whats that Vonnegut book where everyone lives through a replay of the decade before?

e: It was Timequake. I imagine that's how it'll go when the universe crashes and someone reloads from some autosave.

pygmy tyrant fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

kraken! posted:

Whats that Vonnegut book where everyone lives through a replay of the decade before?

e: It was Timequake. I imagine that's how it'll go when the universe crashes and someone reloads from some autosave.

Ah yes, the Johnny Cage movie. When MK11 caused the temporal flattening, Past Johnny Cage tried to talk Future Johnny Cage into doing Timequake 2 with the conceit that they would both receive points on the back end.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Florida's case just got harder.

https://twitter.com/TJQuinnESPN/status/1128045935819464705?s=19

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

kraken! posted:

timequake was a drat good book

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's over unless either of the women want to testify against him. They likely won't, so it's over. I have no idea whether or not the state will appeal.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1128050996545036288

Would have been there already if we elected the correct President Newt

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
1.6 billion isn't even enough to make that cannon that poked out the eye of the moon

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1128050996545036288

Would have been there already if we elected the correct President Newt

To trot out a favorite republican trope: who’s gonna pay for it?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Know what else just got harder? :grin:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

colachute posted:

To trot out a favorite republican trope: who’s gonna pay for it?

Sorry comrade, that only applies to social programs and anything that could possibly improve life for 95% of the nation

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nick Soapdish posted:

Sorry comrade, that only applies to social programs and anything that could possibly improve life for 95% of the nation

I think you just answered the question.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

that said space owns

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So how do you get to suppress a video of you getting jerked off in a massage parlor from being shown at the trial about you getting jerked off in a massage parlor

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

Listen I don’t want to see Robert Kraft’s peen.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Fallom posted:

So how do you get to suppress a video of you getting jerked off in a massage parlor from being shown at the trial about you getting jerked off in a massage parlor

A massive breach of privacy by a corrupt and brutal police department. :jerkbag:

Hegel Exercises posted:

Listen I don’t want to see Robert Kraft’s peen.

Why the hell not? Apparently he gets a finger up his butt too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lifetime tickets to patriots games and probably a couple of blowjobs. Not like he doesn't know the right people.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's over unless either of the women want to testify against him. They likely won't, so it's over. I have no idea whether or not the state will appeal.

Could they grant the women testimonial immunity and force them to testify? I think the videotape could be admissible to impeach them if they testified differently.

Fallom posted:

The remains of the Fourth Amendment.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

joat mon posted:

Could they grant the women testimonial immunity and force them to testify? I think the videotape could be admissible to impeach them if they testified differently.

If they can even find the slaves still.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Even if China shifts away from the USD I dont think those policy changes will be felt until 2020/21 when a dem is in office and than the right will campaign on it and usher in another R president

Sad panda

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Waroduce posted:

Even if China shifts away from the USD I dont think those policy changes will be felt until 2020/21 when a dem is in office and than the right will campaign on it and usher in another R president

Sad panda

Eagerly awaiting trumps 2024 campaign

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Waroduce posted:

Sad panda

Optimism level: breathtaking.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/josh_hammer/status/1128049089239748608?s=19

Guess the Republicans aren't happy with Kavanaugh after all?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

joat mon posted:

The cops had a warrant so what was the issue besides the obvious

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

colachute posted:

Suck my dickorum from the back.

New GiP hover text, please

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

CommieGIR posted:

https://twitter.com/HuXijin_GT/status/1127909254134767616?s=20

Trump's push for stronger and stronger Tariffs could cause the Chinese to shift away from the USD.

This is probably just me but this tweet just evokes imagery of Confucian scholars in heavy robes debating foreign policy in the Forbidden Palace over tea

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I hope they sell a bunch to Iran if possible. Or Cuba. Do sanctions apply to secondary markets?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Fallom posted:

The cops had a warrant so what was the issue besides the obvious

In the US, the original decision to authorize a warrant can be questioned.
Whether the police obeyed the permission to search granted in the warrant, including but not limited to scope and protective measures to mitigate the intrusion can also be questioned.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

GoGoGadget posted:

https://twitter.com/josh_hammer/status/1128049089239748608?s=19

Guess the Republicans aren't happy with Kavanaugh after all?

I honestly cannot understand anything that this guy is trying to say in that opinion piece.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Internet Wizard posted:

I honestly cannot understand anything that this guy is trying to say in that opinion piece.

Kavanaugh is a Dem plant because he's didn't murder RBG

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The order isn't on the public site yet so unless it's posted somewhere I can only speculate. The bases listed in the ESPN article for suppression were inadequacies in the warrant application itself regarding minimization methods and insufficient minimization efforts put in action.

Now, this is effectively a matter of first impression in Florida, so who knows if the state actually appeals and what the likelihood of success is.

As far as if the women were given immunity and compelled to testify, the video would probably be usable as impeachment evidence in an extremely limited fashion.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also some tankers just got blown up in the SoH.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah, they were Saudi flag and US Intel is chalking it up to the Iranians.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mr. Nice! posted:

link

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Mr. Nice! posted:

It was 4 ships, two Saudi, one Norwegian and one apparently UAE. I'm going to ignore this all until there's some actual information.

This is apparently the damage to the Norwegian one:

gently caress knows, looks like something hit it rather than bombed it to me, but I know gently caress all about ships.

BBC.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Internet Wizard posted:

I got one paragraph in and I just wanted to roll my eyes and tell him "u mad bro?".

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's scoring on that hull. Could be from an explosive, could be from just regular fire on a resulting impact.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
uhhhh so he's really really thinking of doing it

https://twitter.com/EricSchmittNYT/status/1128086354708107264

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Oh, cool.

Cool cool cool.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Yeah but we have all of those lessons learned from Iraq and will do it right this time!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

lol if you're still in