Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Well that's too bad. Slopes are cool and all but they'd make a poor fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Will one of Construction Luigi's outfits be War Luigi?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Announcing Sans for Smash in the Mario Maker direct is certainly an odd choice but heck, I'll take it

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

"Lakitu has more options for things to throw than ever, he's been training since he got The Invitation." *smash cut to Lakitu's Smash video* He'd be a PP echo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Raiden cuts in!

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Willo567 posted:

Is anybody here doing a 9.9 intensity all characters challenge?

I just completed Meta Knight's route on 9.9, making him my last character to do the challenge with

No. Congratulations

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Today might possibly be the worst quickplay day I have ever seen.

My matches have been: Link, Ganon, Young Link, Ganon, Ganon, Rosalina (that was actually a good fight), Ganon, Ganon, Jigglypuff. Edit: Laggy Pichu I couldn't touch

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

In Training posted:

It's a mario maker 2 specific stream, there will be no chance of smash news

So you think, make way for the new smash fighter

https://youtu.be/ozC5aru8tYw

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

EorayMel posted:

Will one of Construction Luigi's outfits be War Luigi?

Just remember - you can't spell War Luigi without Waluigi.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Looking forward to my new main, Weird Mario

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Here is a question/topic to discuss:

Who is/are your main(s), and do you enjoy ditto matches with them?

I main WFT and unsurprisingly I don't think I've ever actually played a Wii Fit Trainer ditto.

Whereas I also use Captain Falcon and god drat if Falcon dittos aren't one of the purest forms of fun in Smash

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sudden Javelin posted:

I don't enjoy ditto matches on any character

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Wario dittos where we both backwards crawl towards each other :mmmsmug:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ridley VS Ridley is pretty much the saddest game of grabass you've ever seen

Macaluso posted:

My matches have been: Link, Ganon, Young Link, Ganon, Ganon, Rosalina (that was actually a good fight), Ganon, Ganon, Jigglypuff. Edit: Laggy Pichu I couldn't touch

I see about ten characters online and that's it - Ganondorf, Lucina, Pikachu, bowser, fox, inkling, joker, jigglypuff, Zelda, Lucas

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I don't think I've ever fought a Jigglypuff with my Jigglypuff. I imagine it wouldn't be too bad though, all things considered. The best counter to the air game is an air game of your own.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Sudden Javelin posted:

I main WFT and unsurprisingly I don't think I've ever actually played a Wii Fit Trainer ditto.

Whereas I also use Captain Falcon and god drat if Falcon dittos aren't one of the purest forms of fun in Smash
I basically never get Marth dittos because everyone uses Lucina instead, but they're... interesting. I use the shield breaker and side-b a lot which tends to throw a lot of high-GSP Marths off their game. They spend all game short-hop-nairing and expect me to do the same, and I just... don't. I did get one recently though who beat me and got all his kills with upsmash, that was weird.

I literally cannot remember the last time I had a Robin ditto. I've definitely had at least one, but it was so long ago I don't remember anything about it.

Ganondorf dittos are hilarious and I wish for one every time I play dorf.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

A Bowser v Bowser fight is incredibly satisfying.They can end quickly if the other person is boring though, the suicide grab kills Bowser at basically any percent.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I always enjoy getting a Little Mac fight though because it always happens when I'm Samus and I always end up drill kicking him forever

Prowler
May 24, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

I see about ten characters online and that's it - Ganondorf, Lucina, Pikachu, bowser, fox, inkling, joker, jigglypuff, Zelda, Lucas

Macaluso posted:

This. Ganon is everywhere. Then all of the Links, Wolf, Lucina/Roy/Chrom, Ike, Pichu, Zelda. A surprising number of D^3s, as well.

I have fought a Duck Hunt mirror match twice, maybe 3 times. They're so rare, and so very few of them actually play the character(s) as though they can move while using trick shot.

Edit: I have gotten so many stocks from other characters deflecting or pocketing trick shot it's hilarious. Isabelle and Villiager both seem to forget that the can counts as an explosion that can hit anyone, and when you increase the damage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l8ADhOMvTY

Prowler fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 14, 2019

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

RBA Starblade posted:

I always enjoy getting a Little Mac fight though because it always happens when I'm Samus and I always end up drill kicking him forever
This as been my experience as Samus against Bowser. Bowser really doesn't seem to have a lot of options against Samus at all from what I've dealt with.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Sudden Javelin posted:

Kirby. Dittos are fine for me, and I tend to learn something new the few times it actually happens.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Whenever I get a Zelda ditto I'm reminded why everyone hates online Zeldas

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

multijoe posted:

Whenever I get a Dedede ditto I'm reminded why everyone hates online Dededes

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I think I’m slowly getting better at online. I’ve won my last 4 matches with Mega Man and at least half of my last 10 with everyone else. Whoever told me to use Leaf Shield more was onto something.

I’m still not shielding enough, but I think I’m improving there too.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I like dittos as Ness, because I'm usually better than them. I can get why people get annoyed at PK Fire spam, but as a Ness you just absorb that poo poo, which is something they don't really catch up. Then when the try to PK Thunder somewhere you just jump in and absorb it too. I tend to get destroyed with my other though. I'm only kinda good with Ness compared to the other characters I enjoy playing.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Sam Faust posted:

Kirby. Dittos are fine for me, and I tend to learn something new the few times it actually happens.

Yeah, they're always fun and good for learning. I've gone through Dark Pit, Greninja, Dedede and Fox and I enjoyed all of them.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I am at peace with people who leave after only one game.

I am extremely judgmental of the ones who win the first game, stick around, then bail if they lose the second

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I'm a Donkey Kong player and I always smile when I see another DK online. It's like meeting an old friend. The matches are fine, but I just like knowing somebody else is playing my goofy character.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Sudden Javelin posted:

I am at peace with people who leave after only one game.

I am extremely judgmental of the ones who win the first game, stick around, then bail if they lose the second

I'll bail after losing my second game sometimes, but losing has nothing to do with it. Whether I win or lose, I can only play 1-3 games before I have to switch characters. I just can't sit there for an hour playing the same character, I need a little variety.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Strange Matter posted:

This as been my experience as Samus against Bowser. Bowser really doesn't seem to have a lot of options against Samus at all from what I've dealt with.

My tourney plan is to play bowser but if its samus ill just hard counterpick to fox lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

bef posted:

My tourney plan is to play bowser but if its samus ill just hard counterpick to fox lol

God drat you

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

nrook posted:

I'm a Donkey Kong player and I always smile when I see another DK online. It's like meeting an old friend. The matches are fine, but I just like knowing somebody else is playing my goofy character.

My favorite part of this matchup are the moments when we both tacitly agree to stand across the stage from each other and wind up our punchin' arms

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Young Links are the most annoying fights online for me, I think. You gotta just hop up around them to avoid all their poo poo, but that's the easy part. The hard part is getting up in there for a blow when Young Link's attacks come out incredibly fast. That aspect also makes punishing or following up really difficult.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
Mega Man dittos are weird battles of who can hit the other with leaf shield or fsmash first.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Inceneroar dittos are just Alolan whips for days and it's extremely fun.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

With Samus it's gotten super fun with everyone in the universe having a counter or reflect to just charge the beam and never fire it and watch the other player play worse and worse as they get increasingly paranoid about a shot that will never come

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Butt Ghost posted:

Young Links are the most annoying fights online for me, I think. You gotta just hop up around them to avoid all their poo poo, but that's the easy part. The hard part is getting up in there for a blow when Young Link's attacks come out incredibly fast. That aspect also makes punishing or following up really difficult.

Young Link's attacks are fairly slow and nearly everything is safe to shield and punish, just shield and grab any incoming attack and 99% of the time you'll be safe.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Man, it is crazy hard to do well with Bayonetta in Ultimate. She is still pretty fun to play, but her knockback and damage are brutally bad and she is super light. She feels kind of awful at everything.

Whatev fucked around with this message at 07:00 on May 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Whatev posted:

Man, it is crazy hard to do well with Bayonetta in Ultimate. She is still pretty fun to play, but her knockback and damage are brutally bad and she is super light. She feels kind of awful at everything.

she's good at stringing ridiculous combos together out of basic building blocks but initiating the combo in the first place and finishing off someone you've comboed to a high percent is a struggle