Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The video progress bar with ads every 10 minutes was a nice touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
If anyone still wanted to read me pooping on The Unfunnies the thread's up in BSS and I've already run through issue 1

It's genuinely worse than I remembered and I'm kind of regretting this, but people knowing that Millar did this (and just how bad it is) is more important to me than my already fleeting sanity

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Max Wilco posted:

EDIT: Never mind, I was thinking of Roxane Gay:

Roxane Gay is an S-tier writer and she is totally correct

read Roxane Gay

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol of course the dude who constantly post CHUD bullshit 'accidentally' is also the one who confuses famous joke person Sandy Doyle who no one actually gives a poo poo about because she's nobody and stupid as hell with Roxane Gay, someone 1000x more known and actually good as hell.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
also note McDonalds new policy is literally to ask which brand toy they want and to not ask if they want a boy or girl toy for this very reason

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

also note McDonalds new policy is literally to ask which brand toy they want and to not ask if they want a boy or girl toy for this very reason

last time I was supervising a friend's tomboyish daughter i was relieved they started doing this, she would've been so mad lol

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Oh my God lol. I thought I was bad.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
space propane and space propane accessories

[squints at Poe]

...that boy ain't right

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That's cool of them, and something they should've been doing for a long time. The boys or girls toy thing was always real dumb, especially when it was like boys: Pokemon girls: barbie or something like that.

But

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Roxane Gay is an S-tier writer and she is totally correct

read Roxane Gay

While she is technically correct, the loving beaten down barely making minimum wage cashier working at the McDonalds is not going to give a poo poo. Don't do this to people just barely surviving this hell world

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

why don't they just give me both toys

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Macaluso posted:

While she is technically correct, the loving beaten down barely making minimum wage cashier working at the McDonalds is not going to give a poo poo. Don't do this to people just barely surviving this hell world

Oh my god people the tweet is a joke.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

Oh my god people the tweet is a joke.

Oh sorry. I've never heard about that person, I assumed it was a serious tweet. My bad

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Personally as a person who works American Retail (which shares pretty much all facets of American Fast Food), I think people should more frequently say "Don't make a person who is making a sub livable wage feel even more like poo poo as they perform their obligations to their paymaster overlords".

PS bugger off with requesting 'fresher" cilantro, that poo poo sells a box an hour you nobhead.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

A big flaming stink posted:

What the gently caress.

Book 4 is literally nothing but the boring characters no one cares about except for Arya and gurm even acknowledged at the time, promising the cool characters in the second part of the book in a year or two.

7 years later

Actually it turns out gurm is just a lovely writer

See, it's poo poo like that that made me give up on the show. A Feast for Crows is great, probably the most well-written and interesting of the five books. But it doesn't have your favourite characters or enough badass moments so it's bad.

The MrBTongue video posted earlier uses the Septon Meribald scene to make it's point. That scene is emblematic of what makes A Feast for Crows great.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Man you fuckers need to read less star wars and more roxane gay

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/symeonbrown/status/1127888665135464449?s=19

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Oh and whoever asked about THE LEFTOVERS, yes do watch it, it's brilliant. In an inverse of GoT it improves a lot once it leaves the source material behind.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

if martin had any balls daenerys would've starved outside the gates of qarth.

and i'm not a comics reader but the flintstones comic is quite good. and now i have to read the unfunnies out of morbid curiosity.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

So what would be a funnier ending to GoT

Episode opens with 15 year time skip, or the entire final season is revealed to be Bran flashing forward and now he knows what to stop

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Episode opens with 15 year time skip, or the entire final season is revealed to be Bran flashing forward and now he knows what to stop

That second one does sound like the fun kind of stupid.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Fire. Death. We zoom out

From Dany's eye.

She's looking around. Kings Landing is safe. It was just a vision. She feels pain. And then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

it'd all be worth it if ended exactly like the nicholas cage classic Next.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

White flash, camera slow zooms out of Bran's eye. Jon, Arya, and Sansa are standing around him by the tree. He looks Jon dead in the eyes and goes "don't say a fuckin word"

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

At the end of the finale, Cersei wakes up with a start. She's just had a horrible dream where she was having sex with her brother. She turns to her husband, Bob Newhart.

"Yeah, that happens sometimes."

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I Before E posted:

At the end of the finale, Cersei wakes up with a start. She's just had a horrible dream where she was having sex with her brother. She turns to her husband, Bob Newhart.

"Yeah, that happens sometimes."

Ned Stark, fresh off his construction job to pick up his son Rickton who is just staring into a snow globe of King's Landing.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Best way to end this show that I haven't seen but can't escape the reaction to it: show ends normally however it may end, then it pulls out from the scene and keeps going until the entire world is in view then keeps going until it's a spec in space and keeps going until space turns into an eye and keeps going until we see the face the eye belongs to: It's George R.R. Martin. It's him reading his latest draft. He shakes his head, crumples it up, throws it in the trash, turns to his 30 year old computer and begins typing.

~FIN~

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Best way to end this show that I haven't seen but can't escape the reaction to it: show ends normally however it may end, then it pulls out from the scene and keeps going until the entire world is in view then keeps going until it's a spec in space and keeps going until space turns into an eye and keeps going until we see the face the eye belongs to: It's George R.R. Martin. It's him reading his latest draft. He shakes his head, crumples it up, throws it in the trash, turns to his 30 year old computer and begins typing.

~FIN~

I really do like this ending.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Jimbot posted:

~FIN~

you shouldn't lie about things that will never ever happen

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the final episode will be about william riker watching the game of thrones holonovel

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Sean Bean wakes up, looks at his script and says "holy poo poo! I don't die in this one!"?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What high-profile and generally well-regarded series has had a satisfying ending? I've heard Six Feet Under and Breaking Bad, but I've never seen them. It seems like most shows that become a big deal in pop culture have widely disliked or unsatisfying endings. I liked Lost and Battlestar Galactica at the end, but most people didn't.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

What high-profile and generally well-regarded series has had a satisfying ending? I've heard Six Feet Under and Breaking Bad, but I've never seen them. It seems like most shows that become a big deal in pop culture have widely disliked or unsatisfying endings. I liked Lost and Battlestar Galactica at the end, but most people didn't.

Law & Order

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The Wire ended pretty well too. Though the last season was basically denouement.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

The Shield

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
West Wing's ending was well regarded from memory, and people seem pretty happy with Veep recently.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

M*A*S*H

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Justified got a solid six seasons that went out well. I also really enjoyed the way that Crazy Ex-Girlfriend ended.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The super ice zombie throws a sword of Valerian through the dragonfire and the magical feedback between the two causes an enormous white explosion engulfing the continent. Sound fades.

Somber music fades in. We're watching the events first hand from some unnamed character.The scene opens with an wagon driving four prisoners down a snowy
mountain pass. All are seated and bound; the one dressed in finery is gagged. One of them turns to address you.

'Hey, you. You're finally awake. You were trying to cross the border, right? Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us, and that thief over there.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Star Trek: TNG's "All Good Things..." I think is ranked pretty high.

Doing a quick search for 'best TV show endings, there's Breaking Bad (which I still haven't seen any of yet) but there's nothing else that really catches my eye apart from what's been mentioned.

I think the worst series finale I ever saw was the one for Sliders, but that was more to do with the show getting prematurely cancelled rather than it wrapping up properly.

RareAcumen posted:

The super ice zombie throws a sword of Valerian through the dragonfire and the magical feedback between the two causes an enormous white explosion engulfing the continent. Sound fades.

Somber music fades in. We're watching the events first hand from some unnamed character.The scene opens with an wagon driving four prisoners down a snowy
mountain pass. All are seated and bound; the one dressed in finery is gagged. One of them turns to address you.

'Hey, you. You're finally awake. You were trying to cross the border, right? Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us, and that thief over there.'
:golfclap: