Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Suns have had 3 top 5 picks in a row, how many more do they need?

I'm just getting ready for the coming disappointment when the Mavs don't move up in the lotto.

If they're going to get pushed down in the lottery to pick dragan bender at 5 then you can probably keep them coming until the end of the universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/1128436766812319744?s=19

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Spacebump posted:

Suns have had 3 top 5 picks in a row, how many more do they need?

I'm just getting ready for the coming disappointment when the Mavs don't move up in the lotto.

the last five drafts they’ve picked in the first round:
-alex len
-nemanja nedovic
-tj warren
-tyler ennis
-bogdan son of bogdan
-devin booker (hey good job)
-dragan bender
-georgy papajohn’s
-skal labissiere
-josh jackson
-deandre ayton (looks like a hey good job but too soon to tell)
-technically zhaire smith

one that’s a shitload of first round picks wow but two maybe three of those guys are quality nba starters; you just gotta keep giving the suns high picks and hope they work out

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
dragan bender did not live up to his name tools

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Declan MacManus posted:

the last five drafts they’ve picked in the first round:
-alex len
-nemanja nedovic
-tj warren
-tyler ennis
-bogdan son of bogdan
-devin booker (hey good job)
-dragan bender
-georgy papajohn’s
-skal labissiere
-josh jackson
-deandre ayton (looks like a hey good job but too soon to tell)
-technically zhaire smith

one that’s a shitload of first round picks wow but two maybe three of those guys are quality nba starters; you just gotta keep giving the suns high picks and hope they work out
Why are half of these kings guys? Did they have a big trade that i'm forgetting?

Len was in a bad draft and I think just discussed as a guy who might be a starter someday. I'd call it a fair bust
Nedovic wasn't supposed to do anything and didn't
TJ Warren was an old school bucket getter fat boy sf and he's lived up to that
bogdan bogdan bogdan has been great for sacto
dragan is just too slow to do the stuff he did to impress scouts in europe, huge bust
papajohn was a sleeper guy according to dokmo based on his pnr play in europe, bust
skal of course was the top guy in the country until we figured out he had no bball iq whatsoever. Maybe he'll be good in 5 years, he's shown some flashes. Very skilled for his size

josh jackson, a gamble worth taking and probably be much better on a better team
ayton - totally fine so far

I'm not trying to contradict you, just reviewing them all in my mental card catalog. Lottery picks are not a surefire route back to prominence if your front office sucks or your owner is an idiot or both

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1128488298698166272?s=19

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Grats Clipper fans!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Why are half of these kings guys? Did they have a big trade that i'm forgetting?

Len was in a bad draft and I think just discussed as a guy who might be a starter someday. I'd call it a fair bust
dragan is just too slow to do the stuff he did to impress scouts in europe, huge bust
papajohn was a sleeper guy according to dokmo based on his pnr play in europe, bust
skal of course was the top guy in the country until we figured out he had no bball iq whatsoever. Maybe he'll be good in 5 years, he's shown some flashes. Very skilled for his size

josh jackson, a gamble worth taking and probably be much better on a better team

I'm not trying to contradict you, just reviewing them all in my mental card catalog. Lottery picks are not a surefire route back to prominence if your front office sucks or your owner is an idiot or both

Suns traded the rights to bogdanovic plus 13 and 28 for Chriss

zhaire smith was traded for mikal bridges who already looks good but they gave up miami's 2021 pick which who knows

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

hifi posted:

If they're going to get pushed down in the lottery to pick dragan bender at 5 then you can probably keep them coming until the end of the universe

fair point

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Tj warren is badass and if he was in new york they'd be talking about how he's one of the greatest pure scorers, kids on the street ball courts would be imitating his vacant thousand mile stare, and all the while snarky sports bloggers on twitter would mention how he was never actually in the top five at any given year. Oh yeah and he shot 42.8% from 3 this year

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

hifi posted:

Tj warren is badass and if he was in new york they'd be talking about how he's one of the greatest pure scorers, kids on the street ball courts would be imitating his vacant thousand mile stare, and all the while snarky sports bloggers on twitter would mention how he was never actually in the top five at any given year. Oh yeah and he shot 42.8% from 3 this year

I love him man. He's such a reliable bucket man. He'd be a great addition for the warriors if they had any way of improving their team in the slightest.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dang it.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

yeah; i think a lot of the mentality is lottery picks are just that, lottery tickets and that more picks = better chances

the suns ended up trading a lot of those dudes very early on (some on draft night) so it might not be fair to grade them based on that but they sure are bad at improving their team

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

That marquese chriss and b. knight for ryan anderson and deanthony melton trade is like stepping on dog doo and you slip and whack the back of your head on it as well.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

hifi posted:

He was traded to NY the first week of the season for frank in a NBA live franchise mode and yeah instantly started getting all star buzz. I was satisfied with the simulation.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Rick posted:

He was traded to NY the first week of the season for frank in a NBA live franchise mode and yeah instantly started getting all star buzz. I was satisfied with the simulation.

Worlds first digital melo. I love it

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1128675766168956930?s=19

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Boooo that was the most fun part

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Just watched some Zion highlights. He good.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

at that point why isn't it just 9 am on the 30th? If they are going to make it earlier it doesn't make sense to make everyone wait all day. (unless players/agents/team reps don't want to be up that early)

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

at that point why isn't it just 9 am on the 30th? If they are going to make it earlier it doesn't make sense to make everyone wait all day. (unless players/agents/team reps don't want to be up that early)

Because that's 6am West coast, and a bunch of players legitimately have shifted schedules because of the traveling they do. 6pm let's everyone be up and around and also works from a media reporting standpoint.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

hifi posted:

That marquese chriss and b. knight for ryan anderson and deanthony melton trade is like stepping on dog doo and you slip and whack the back of your head on it as well.

Melton is the probably the best player in that trade long term, that was a pretty good deal for the Suns, I think

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Also they've all been talking for weeks beforehand so it doesn't matter

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

The Big Jesus posted:

Also they've all been talking for weeks beforehand so it doesn't matter

yeah i think it allows them plausible deniability vis a vis tampering, which is something they care about now i guess?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Skal reminds me a lot of a softer lower bball iq Yi Jianlian

He could really be a special player if he could ever learn to play at game speed. If Bruno can do it after 4 years maybe he can too.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dejan Bimble posted:

Skal reminds me a lot of a softer lower bball iq Yi Jianlian

He could really be a special player if he could ever learn to play at game speed. If Bruno can do it after 4 years maybe he can too.

That’s fucken savage lol

MourningView posted:

Melton is the probably the best player in that trade long term, that was a pretty good deal for the Suns, I think

No one involved is ever contributing so what were the money implications?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Being a Suns fan is like watching a fat man slip and fall in something sticky and roll around in it like a turtle on its back. I pray for death

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

No one involved is ever contributing so what were the money implications?

Suns eat 3MM this year, 6MM next year since chriss got his option declined

it's sort of "ehh" since the suns traded anderson for tyler johnson and probably just play him, and rockets traded out of all that mess

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think Melton has a shot to be a decent backup point guard eventually

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I saw John Wick 3 last night and, as athlete-actors go, Boban is actually pretty decent. At least Mengke Bateer tier.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

I think Melton has a shot to be a decent backup point guard eventually

Melton is almost a domestic draft and stash player, they give him a rookie contract and then a probably dirt cheap second contract to learn how to shoot, how to do anything with his left hand, and you'll have a tough defending, very athletic, high bball iq combo guard who can just kill teams in transition and hopefully will be solid in the half court.

Right now he's a transition and defense only player.

But I really like his long term potential if he has any desire to improve and the team puts him in the right place to do that. He shot 70% on fts in college so his jumper isn't doomed.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

I saw John Wick 3 last night and, as athlete-actors go, Boban is actually pretty decent. At least Mengke Bateer tier.

https://twitter.com/BobanMarjanovic/status/1128749868674048000?s=19

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1128718529950126080?s=19

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Can I start with John Wick 3? I want to see Boban.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

You can probably read the Wikipedia for the first two and be fine but also you should watch the first two because they whip rear end.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

is he rocking a shaggy haircut

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

I don't think there's any plot to explain. In the first one he kills a bunch of guys because some gangsters kill his dog. Then in the second one we're whisked into a whimsical assassin world and he kills like 200 guys with close range pistol shots and so on. It's just like an over the top Thai action movie combined with the scenes people liked from the first matrix, without the subtext about discovering your true gender identity

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

honestly just watch the third one and if you love it go back and watch the first two

it’s a gunkata fever dream

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

I don't think there's any plot to explain. In the first one he kills a bunch of guys because some gangsters kill his dog. Then in the second one we're whisked into a whimsical assassin world and he kills like 200 guys with close range pistol shots and so on. It's just like an over the top Thai action movie combined with the scenes people liked from the first matrix, without the subtext about discovering your true gender identity

There is a deep lore how dare you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Rick you owe it to yourself to watch the first two, either before or after you watch three. Just make sure you watch them, because they are good.