Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

esperterra posted:

Maybe Season 6 is lowkey a prequel to The Happening

And I ain't mad about it

I don't remember much of The Happening, other than that I really didn't like it. But I'd love for the show to try out some more outlandish ideas.

Also, I wanna see Madi and Diyoza take the reigns if there's things that needs killing from now on.

Edit to add quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HatJudge posted:

Our drowned friend (not sure what the spoiler policy is here) did show something that looked like roots under his skin. Sorta like the network of roots that fungi have. There's potential for some good sci-fi plotting there. Are the trees sentient? Is it just an ecosystem? Does all the insects die?

I'm not sure if a network TV show would make "The Woods" be the big bad for a season, but it'd be fun if they had at least some opposition that they couldn't shoot their way out of. And the whole nuclear thing is kinda old by now

Maybe the moon itself is one giant organism.

Clarke going to kill a moon!

esperterra posted:

wanheda, more like wanbaeda amirite

:haibrow:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

If she kills this planet, might as well call her Galactus Clarke.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm fine with this

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Astroman posted:

Meanwhile Murphy is unaffected due to the Power of Sarcasm. :allears:

He doesn't have a shred of genuine guilt over anything he's done, so there's nothing for the trees to torment him with. Weirdly, he's now one of the only truly heroic characters on the show, in the sense that everything noble and self-sacrificial that he does is done purely out of personal conviction rather than inner torment over past failures.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Vermain posted:

He doesn't have a shred of genuine guilt over anything he's done, so there's nothing for the trees to torment him with. Weirdly, he's now one of the only truly heroic characters on the show, in the sense that everything noble and self-sacrificial that he does is done purely out of personal conviction rather than inner torment over past failures.

Murphy is literally the GOAT and this specific comment reminded me why I love the show so much so thank you I will be back once I've caught up with Season 6

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Murphy shaking off the toxin's effects enough to be saner than anyone else is awesome.

I'm watching I Still See You just for Richard Harmon. It's terrible but the Murphy charm is there.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
"We considered that before going with the 'kill everyone' plan" :lol:

This show is seriously the greatest

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I watched this last episode this weekend with someone who's never heard of the show before (well, I watched it, they were just hanging out) and I never realized how weird the show was until I had to answer their questions about random bits and pieces.

"So let me get this straight, all the people on the ship are cannibals and fugitives, and that young girl everyone hates was their leader and is the best fighter among them but still got her rear end beat, and the sweet one on the ground is a mass murderer, and they used to live in space and then moved to the ground and then underground and now they are back in space on another planet and there was a terminator AI and—"

best show ever

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

I watched this last episode this weekend with someone who's never heard of the show before (well, I watched it, they were just hanging out) and I never realized how weird the show was until I had to answer their questions about random bits and pieces.

"So let me get this straight, all the people on the ship are cannibals and fugitives, and that young girl everyone hates was their leader and is the best fighter among them but still got her rear end beat, and the sweet one on the ground is a mass murderer, and they used to live in space and then moved to the ground and then underground and now they are back in space on another planet and there was a terminator AI and—"

best show ever

What's kept me watching this show consistently has been the absurd one-upping of each season over the previous and the tonal shift that's gradually taken place since the first season. I initially gave this show a hard pass after watching the first two episodes, because it seemed like it was just bog standard YA poo poo with a hundred horny teens on Planet of the Flies. I think it was only once I started skimming through season 2 out of boredom that my interest got piqued. It doesn't give a poo poo about the normally taut genre lines of Hunger Games-esque YA, post-apoc, medieval fantasy, or sci-fi, and will do a flying hurdle over all of them if it serves the interests of making an entertaining story.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Vermain posted:

What's kept me watching this show consistently has been the absurd one-upping of each season over the previous and the tonal shift that's gradually taken place since the first season. I initially gave this show a hard pass after watching the first two episodes, because it seemed like it was just bog standard YA poo poo with a hundred horny teens on Planet of the Flies. I think it was only once I started skimming through season 2 out of boredom that my interest got piqued. It doesn't give a poo poo about the normally taut genre lines of Hunger Games-esque YA, post-apoc, medieval fantasy, or sci-fi, and will do a flying hurdle over all of them if it serves the interests of making an entertaining story.

The best move they made, right away, was not sidelining the adults. It would have been all to easy to just have the kids run around for a few seasons on earth and never see Jaha, Kane, Abbie, etc again outside of the pilot, maybe even blow up the station. It also would have been all too easy for the adults to say "Yes Clarke, you are truly wise, you must lead us." I mean that kind of happened with Bludraina, but that was a poo poo show and ended fast.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Clarke going to kill their monarchy. Death to primes!

That dog is 100% going to die at some point during the season.

"Should've died in the gorge anyways." Is that the writers admitting they hosed up by not killing Octavia last season? :laugh:

Oh poo poo it's Osama bin Laden Diyoza. Better kick her out of the compound and hope she doesn't team up with our enemies :downs:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Oh poo poo it's Osama bin Laden Diyoza. Better kick her out of the compound and hope she doesn't team up with our enemies :downs:

Literally as bad as Hitler. :downs:

Boris Galerkin posted:

best show ever

When you put it like that they have done an amazing job doing it a pace where it feels natural as you're part of the sheer insanity. Like remember when the show was still the teenager survival hour?

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 15, 2019

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Ugh, this is literally Diyoza

(I liked the episode and the season so far but Clarke is my #1 Space Hitler)

edit: Watch Diyoza's crime end up being slaughtering like half the population of Sanctum but its only 500 people so like a single season for Clarke.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 15, 2019

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Would have been funny if Clarke had brought up that the people in the bunker were literally vampires who were harvesting them for blood and bone marrow.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

MiddleOne posted:

When you put it like that they have done an amazing job doing it a pace where it feels natural as you're part of the sheer insanity. Like remember when the show was still the teenager survival hour?

I loved the part in the first episode this season when Shaw(?) asked if anyone had anything better to say than "we're back bitches."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzh2hIv3QbI

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Poor Jordon, he was on planet braless for one day and he was about to get a little something something

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Astroman posted:

The best move they made, right away, was not sidelining the adults. It would have been all to easy to just have the kids run around for a few seasons on earth and never see Jaha, Kane, Abbie, etc again outside of the pilot, maybe even blow up the station. It also would have been all too easy for the adults to say "Yes Clarke, you are truly wise, you must lead us." I mean that kind of happened with Bludraina, but that was a poo poo show and ended fast.

Bludraina wasn't "You are truly wise, you must lead us." but "Holy gently caress we need to spend five years underground with people who all tried to murder us and eachother approximately five seconds ago and have been murdering eachother for centuries before? Octavia you are the truly the biggest psycho among us literally make every other psycho kill eachother in the ring as a warning to others so we all won't die."

EDIT: Lol this last ep though "Let's exile all the badass murderers of our crew, what could go wrong?"

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 15, 2019

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Man, Jordan would've been skinned alive for getting everybody kicked out of Sanctum.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Diyoza and Octavia have been handed a team of forest ninjas. Clarke has been made Princess for a day, Murphy's even wittier when he drinks. Good episode.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

MiddleOne posted:

Your mean the pilot and halfway through episode 2?

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

Flagstaff, Arizona
I haven't read the replies for this week's episode but I'm getting ready to watch ep 3 right now.

I guess it's weird to call The 100 a show with very few colors, but I didn't really notice it until we got to this season. It's really refreshing to have more than just browns, greens, and metals to look at, and I genuinely can't believe they went with something as batshit as a loving castle. I love this show.

Murphy continues to be the GOAT. If he dies in this next episode, I'll riot. I'm really conflicted about feeling bad for the Sanctum citizens who got murdered before they could do anything (though congrats to 2/3 for getting a union card with their sentence of dialogue). The dude yelling for them to wait right before he got shot was actually pretty harrowing, so, hopefully I'll have a more concrete answer as to whether or not I care soon.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThePagey posted:

I haven't read the replies for this week's episode but I'm getting ready to watch ep 3 right now.

I guess it's weird to call The 100 a show with very few colors, but I didn't really notice it until we got to this season. It's really refreshing to have more than just browns, greens, and metals to look at, and I genuinely can't believe they went with something as batshit as a loving castle. I love this show.

Murphy continues to be the GOAT. If he dies in this next episode, I'll riot. I'm really conflicted about feeling bad for the Sanctum citizens who got murdered before they could do anything (though congrats to 2/3 for getting a union card with their sentence of dialogue). The dude yelling for them to wait right before he got shot was actually pretty harrowing, so, hopefully I'll have a more concrete answer as to whether or not I care soon.

Murphy ain't dying. He's the audiences avatar.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

Flagstaff, Arizona

Rocksicles posted:

Murphy ain't dying. He's the audiences avatar.

Well, I mean.

Just finished ep 3. Holy poo poo I am so glad this show is committed to being as loving dumb crazy as it is. I am also so excited to see all of the dumb genocide that's gonna be committed using ridiculous alien life.

The important question is, though: If Clarke kills someone, then revives them with the healing snake, then kills them again--is that 2 kills? Or 1?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

ThePagey posted:

Well, I mean.

Just finished ep 3. Holy poo poo I am so glad this show is committed to being as loving dumb crazy as it is. I am also so excited to see all of the dumb genocide that's gonna be committed using ridiculous alien life.

The important question is, though: If Clarke kills someone, then revives them with the healing snake, then kills them again--is that 2 kills? Or 1?

If she doesn't end the life of at least 50 people at a time, it doesn't count imho

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I'm assuming everyone else has also figured out that the "Primes" are all the same as the Commander?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

So I'm assuming everyone else has also figured out that the "Primes" are all the same as the Commander?

:negative: I didn't. I just assumed they were a hereditary monarchy / ruling class defined by having nightblood.

e: That would explain why the "terrorist" faction wanted their heads

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:07 on May 16, 2019

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

My body is ready for the Madi and Diyoza power hour. I want them to become best of friends.

This season owns.

I was thinking this, too. Naming day is when they receive whatever their particular bloodline's version of the flame is.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DarkCrawler posted:

Bludraina wasn't "You are truly wise, you must lead us." but "Holy gently caress we need to spend five years underground with people who all tried to murder us and eachother approximately five seconds ago and have been murdering eachother for centuries before? Octavia you are the truly the biggest psycho among us literally make every other psycho kill eachother in the ring as a warning to others so we all won't die."

Yeah, Octavia being leader underground was less her being the right person to lead, and more her literally being the only person who was kind of straddling both worlds when it game to arkers vs grounders, due to living under a floorboard her whole time on the ark and not feeling welcome even with her own people. She was p much the only person who could get respek from both sides, the next best way to get the grounders to stay in line without having Wanheda herself down there.

e: also yeah her being the baddes mofucka around w/r/t killing people helped

Octavia being the first person to step foot on Earth fits so well with where her story ended up going lmao. Honestly, the last time I rewatched the first season I remember those shaky couple of episodes before Wells dies and it kicks into gear are pretty much still in line with the rest of the show. Like if you strip away the bad music choices in the first few episodes, it's still some pretty good poo poo.

The 100 is a very good show.

also Octavia owns and I 100% buy her being this stupid and bloodthirsty the past two seasons, girl's been through so much I'm honestly surprised she didn't snap earlier in the show

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's been so long since we've seen Clarke in casual clothes I had forgotten how... top heavy she is.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's been so long since we've seen Clarke in casual clothes I had forgotten how... top heavy she is.

:wink:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Is it season 2 or season 3 where she's got that bustier that makes her look like a medieval barmaid?

What a wild loving episode. Sanctum is some weird purity cult opposed by a bunch of Fallout-esque bog people, John Murphy can't be contained by the flames of Hell, Jordan (tragically) encounters horny for the first time, Octavia really just wants a good murder spree, and Aunt Diyoza gets carted off for war crimes. I'm thinking we're gonna see Octavia and Diyoza joining the Bog People and having a weird Enemy Mine situation.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

When they ended Book I with blowing up Earth, I was pretty bummed out because they were leaving behind behind all that rich Grounder history and culture built by surviving a world that wants you dead for a hundred years.

Now I'm all like, yeah give me all that rich Sanctum history and culture built by surviving a world that wants you dead for TWO hundred years!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I hope they throw in some curve balls, because so far this kinda looks like a reprise of season 2. They get invited in, oh no they want some of us as host bodies to transfer in the consciousness of the original crew, Clarke kills them all.

Fortunately I have faith that the show will defy expectations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Murphy is gonna find his faith and start a cult.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

This feels like a new Stargate reboot. Not just because of Martouf playing the leader, but his people also don't use contractions so everyone sounds like every human settlement in Stargate. The guards also carry around sticks like the Jaffa.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

ThePagey posted:

Buy one get one free!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Octavia: "Hi, I see you have a tribe of bloodthirsty primitive warriors. Are you taking applications for a Cannibal Queen?"

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Octavia does not seem like the type to put in an application.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Octavia does not seem like the type to put in an application.

Her application was walking up to a whole group of them and demanding to fight them all at once.