Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

drat, Rosa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Jesus this rules

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Snack yolks.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
It’s one bund to none, son!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Birdo doesn't eat eggs, Birdo spits them!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Jesus this rules

This might be the best yet

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Jack and Amy, did you guys buy each other any gifts this year that weren't tasers?"

Everyone had some mean zingers tonight. Especially Kevin during the credits :stonklol:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Hey, Bill!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
You’re ahead of us, Captain Capslock

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

You’re ahead of us, Captain Capslock

HOW LONG HAS CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK BEEN PLANNING THIS?!!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Cheddar, you duplicitous bitch!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

drat, Terry! KEVIN!!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This episode was great and I was kinda hoping that Kevin and Cheddar would have won.

Davros1 posted:

HOW LONG HAS CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK BEEN PLANNING THIS?!!

It all began when I faked the gas explosion, but those stupid actors almost blew it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Cheddar is the best TV dog.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
and they say corgis are too hard to work with to put in the cowboy bebop movie

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Best heist ever.

I lost it at Holt telling Cheddar "Notify me when you're done."

And then

"Cheddar you duplicitous bitch."

Also I'm glad we've been seeing more of Kevin

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

pahuyuth posted:

Best heist ever.

I lost it at Holt telling Cheddar "Notify me when you're done."

"By bark."

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I liked that Terry won but the fake gas explosion thing was dumb. Also what was the magnetic collar thing? Was that somehow supposed to be able to get an unaccompanied corgi into a cab from Brooklyn to police plaza?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

"And what did you win? A lifetime of mediocre, heterosexual intercourse with Jake."

Holt was brutal in this episode and I am here for it.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Scully leaping through the interview room window to get at his twin was hilariously unexpected.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jet Jaguar posted:

"And what did you win? A lifetime of mediocre, heterosexual intercourse with Jake."

Holt was brutal in this episode and I am here for it.

The best part of the running heist gag is how seriously Holt takes it. Like the one where he snuck into Jake and Amy's bedroom the night before.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

The best part of the running heist gag is how seriously Holt takes it. Like the one where he snuck into Jake and Amy's bedroom the night before.

And now Kevin has finally succumbed to the lure of the heist.

Although I'm still expecting one heist to end with Hitchcock and Scully in possession of the item, totally by accident.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Davros1 posted:

Although I'm still expecting one heist to end with Hitchcock and Scully in possession of the item, totally by accident.

Make the prize some sort of food or time off and Hitchcock and Scully will destroy the competition.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Davros1 posted:

I like how the heist is pretty much the only thing in the entire show that Kevin and Raymond can connect with the squad over besides Gina I guess

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

qirex posted:

I liked that Terry won but the fake gas explosion thing was dumb. Also what was the magnetic collar thing? Was that somehow supposed to be able to get an unaccompanied corgi into a cab from Brooklyn to police plaza?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Davros1 posted:

He’s a naughty bitch.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I submit that an unaccompanied small dog taking a taxi across New York with its destination set using a "magnetic collar" is a slightly worse than a skeleton rib that emits two distinct tones when played as a xylophone. Like when they made the joke and showed the dog getting out of a taxi I didn't understand what they were trying to tell me had happened in general. If the collar had a note with the address and $50 in it it would have made more sense. I also enjoy the mental image of a magnet in 1PP so powerful it could draw a dog across the East River [and probably also sterilize everyone in the room, thereby ending the cringey pregnancy angle they're clearly half-assing until the season finale].

I guess it's a magic rib collar and a wizard did it :shrug:

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

qirex posted:

I submit that an unaccompanied small dog taking a taxi across New York with its destination set using a "magnetic collar" is a slightly worse than a skeleton rib that emits two distinct tones when played as a xylophone. Like when they made the joke and showed the dog getting out of a taxi I didn't understand what they were trying to tell me had happened in general. If the collar had a note with the address and $50 in it it would have made more sense. I also enjoy the mental image of a magnet in 1PP so powerful it could draw a dog across the East River [and probably also sterilize everyone in the room, thereby ending the cringey pregnancy angle they're clearly half-assing until the season finale].

I guess it's a magic rib collar and a wizard did it :shrug:

What?

The magnetic collar picked up the bracelet, because dogs don't have fingers. Cheddar was just trained to make his way, via taxi, to the drop off location the old fashioned way, by comedic amounts of hours of dog training. Secret, off camera dog training.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Cheddar doesn't take a taxi you ding dongs. They pushed Terry in a shopping cart the whole way and Cheddar followed them. Just because there's a taxi in the background doesn't mean the dog just jumped out of it.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I was willing to accept all the ridiculous poo poo that goes on in these heists up until this point, but the dog is where I draw the LINE.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

CPColin posted:

They pushed Terry in a shopping cart the whole way

It's three miles on foot, and that includes the Brooklyn Bridge.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

CPColin posted:

Cheddar doesn't take a taxi you ding dongs. They pushed Terry in a shopping cart the whole way and Cheddar followed them. Just because there's a taxi in the background doesn't mean the dog just jumped out of it.

Didn't Terry explicitly state that the dog just followed them, complete with a brief shot of the dog following them by... walking?

I've been wondering where everyone got this taxi stuff from. I seriously thought the dog just walked behind them.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

tarlibone posted:

Didn't Terry explicitly state that the dog just followed them, complete with a brief shot of the dog following them by... walking?

I've been wondering where everyone got this taxi stuff from. I seriously thought the dog just walked behind them.
Goons are bad at watching things, always have been, always will be.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Whiz Palace posted:

It's three miles on foot, and that includes the Brooklyn Bridge.

So did they get a big taxi and put the shopping cart into it?

tarlibone posted:

Yep, beaming with pride, he says, "Cheddar followed us the whoooole way!"

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Whalley posted:

Goons are bad at watching things, always have been, always will be.
I aquit.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
How could Terry take and pass the lieutenant exam without his commanding officer being informed??

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

How could Terry take and pass the lieutenant exam without his commanding officer being informed??

Yeah I thought that was a little weird. I guess maybe he could have said that he took the exam but was still waiting on the results. But whatever, I don't get worked up about TV comedies.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

He had cheddar steal the intraoffice memo

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Unless he purposefully looked it up, I'm assuming it's like any other bureaucracy. Terry told him a test date after the actual date, Holt wouldn't have any reason to not believe Terry, and it takes a couple weeks for the paperwork to make it's way through the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
What a great episode. There were multiple laugh out loud moments. Every character had at least one memorable moment/line too.