Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

FogHelmut posted:

Also these are legit as fuuuuuccckkk

A Massachusetts original! If you can find the hot version, even better. I like to dice them up small and add to tuna/chicken salad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawkline
May 30, 2002

¡La Raza!
Wife bought a massive amount of grapes from the 'Co for setting up Mother's day brunch for her mom and family. They said without seeds on the sign, and sans pepins on the container. Yet they were massively seeded. So many seeds. So many kids rejecting their fruits after the first encounter with an unexpected seeds. Costco may have ruined Mother's day.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Relayer posted:

eat my rear end in a top hat forever

This would be preferable to eating any non-Kalamata olive, hth?

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Hawkline posted:

Wife bought a massive amount of grapes from the 'Co for setting up Mother's day brunch for her mom and family. They said without seeds on the sign, and sans pepins on the container. Yet they were massively seeded. So many seeds. So many kids rejecting their fruits after the first encounter with an unexpected seeds. Costco may have ruined Mother's day.

Take them back for a refund.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Senf posted:

Take them back for a refund.

The kids aren’t that bad, just don’t like seeds.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

The kids aren’t that bad, just don’t like seeds.

:captainpop:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Let the kids eat what they want!

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
seeds are good in grapes. gives you a little crunch.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
They're also really good for you, and like watermelon, the seeded varieties are usually sweeter.

The thing is though, all grapes have seeds. The seedless kinds are just purposefully genetically hosed up and the seed malforms, sparing you the terrible indignity of having a crunchy thing in the middle of your not-crunchy thing. But they're still present. There's no such thing as a truly seedless grape.

What probably happened is that the seeds were slightly more formed than usual, leading to a complete meltdown among kids and adults alike.

Solution: just serve piles of chicken fingers and high fructose corn syrup.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Taima posted:

What probably happened is that the seeds were slightly more formed than usual, leading to a complete meltdown among kids and adults alike.

Costco sells both grapes with seeds and seedless grapes. I would think it's more likely that that they just had the wrong sign with the seeded grapes. If it's anything like my Costco that poo poo happens all the time.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jingleheimer posted:

Costco sells both grapes with seeds and seedless grapes. I would think it's more likely that that they just had the wrong sign with the seeded grapes. If it's anything like my Costco that poo poo happens all the time.

No hablo espanol?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just take the seeds out before you serve them. Not a big deal.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Seeded grapes are bad for dogs :doggo:

This has been my ted talk, thank you.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I had always just assumed all grapes were because of the skin

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
My family accidentally started producing huge quantities of Oregon Pinot Noir grapes and after eating them I can't go back to the stupid garbage that is seedless grapes

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

My family accidentally started producing huge quantities of Oregon Pinot Noir grapes and after eating them I can't go back to the stupid garbage that is seedless grapes

I wish your Napa valley wine making parents well.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

It's actually all grapes that are bad for dogs, not the seeds.

(also all grapes technically HAVE seeds in case you were wondering)

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

These things are so good, we went back and got more two days later. Be warned, you will have diabetes by the end of the container.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Taima posted:

It's actually all grapes that are bad for dogs, not the seeds.

(also all grapes technically HAVE seeds in case you were wondering)

:thunk: I better go check up on my dog.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Hit it with some ketchup and it should sit right back up.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Taima posted:

Aye now you’re getting it.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Mine GO BOOM posted:

These things are so good, we went back and got more two days later. Be warned, you will have diabetes by the end of the container.

They are insanely good

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

:thunk: I better go check up on my dog.

:stare:

Yes, grapes are right up there with chocolate and onions/garlic as far as "things your dog will die from and it will hurt the whole time."

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bummey posted:

seeds are good in grapes. gives you a little crunch.

And you get grape vines growing out of your ears in a few weeks!

(Yes, I was told as a child that eating watermelon seeds would make them grow out my ears and I believed it well into adulthood)

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I read a case report of somebody who aspirated a seed that proceeded to sprout in their lung.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Lazyhound posted:

I read a case report of somebody who aspirated a seed that proceeded to sprout in their lung.

Thanks for the nightmares.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Taima posted:

That perked my dog right up. Threw a cup of onions on her just to be safe too.

13Pandora13 posted:

:stare:

Yes, grapes are right up there with chocolate and onions/garlic as far as "things your dog will die from and it will hurt the whole time."

Of course I don't give my dog grapes. But, good to know its all grapes.

And I aint gonna lie and not say my dog isnt a sneaky gently caress. Like a food ninja. RIP that leftover cake...

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Does anyone know off hand if you get (for example) a Dell laptop at Costco can you buy the Dell ProPlus coverage at time of sale or do you have x-days from purchase to contact Dell and buy it or what?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

How about the appliances? Ovens, dryers, etc.? They seem about the same as Home Depot, so is it a question of waiting for crazy sales or something?

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
Spouse and i moved into a place with washer and dryer hookups. Should I buy appliances from Costco? I’ve only ever had to buy a fridge and a microwave and one was from Sears and the other from Amazon.

If we do buy from Costco, we’ll have to have it delivered and that’s only through the website, right? We can’t set that up in store?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

durrneez posted:

Spouse and i moved into a place with washer and dryer hookups. Should I buy appliances from Costco? I’ve only ever had to buy a fridge and a microwave and one was from Sears and the other from Amazon.

If we do buy from Costco, we’ll have to have it delivered and that’s only through the website, right? We can’t set that up in store?

If they don’t offer free delivery then don’t bother. Lowe’s and Home Depot have scratch and dent models that can save you way more.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

durrneez posted:

The price on the appliances at Costco is a good price on that particular appliance, and typically they have great warranty coverage through Costco and especially if you have a Costco card. But you can get other appliances that do the same job for less elsewhere.

Personally I'd go to Sears Outlet/scratch and dent and get a brand new slightly blemished returned item for more than 50% below retail. Also I'd find a way to rent or borrow a truck because do not ever get something delivered by Sears.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

If you buy an appliance from Costco with the Costco Citi card you also get 4 years of warranty coverage (or up to 7 years if the mfg offers a 5 year warranty). Something to consider if you were planning on buying an extended warranty elsewhere.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

As an autismal goon I don't like people hawking their wares at me when I walk through the 'co. Right now they've got a guy selling solar panels, and another guy selling blinds or window treatments. Being forced to converse with another human being against my will really detracts from the 'co experience. Now if you'll excuse me I will just enter this sensory deprivation tank to destress.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
For once YouTube recommendations actually found something I wanted to watch. Behold the majesty of a Japanese Costco food court! Where the sauerkraut is in a giant vat and the chicken bake is replaced by some sort of Korean hot pocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X8rNreBamk

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I never find those vendors to be very pushy at all and can just give a no thanks or a nod or just ignore completely depending on mood.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

As an autismal goon I don't like people hawking their wares at me when I walk through the 'co. Right now they've got a guy selling solar panels, and another guy selling blinds or window treatments. Being forced to converse with another human being against my will really detracts from the 'co experience. Now if you'll excuse me I will just enter this sensory deprivation tank to destress.

deeply southern accent "Would anyone want to have cleaner, better water in your home?!" shouted multiple times, every time I walk out. As irritating for us as it is, she must be real tired of having to hawk that same line at hundreds of disinterested people every day.

There's another guy in a low key cowboy getup that looks just like ... what's his face, cowboy actor guy with a really deep voice. poo poo. I don't remember any movies he's been in. Anyways. I don't know what he sells. He's never said anything that I've heard, just hangs out at the receipt line sales area next to all the others.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 16, 2019

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

There was a very energetic lady today handing out naan samples who could be heard across the warehouse but I still declined because I am Team No Samples.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Can’t say Na to Naan!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FCKGW posted:

There was a very energetic lady today handing out naan samples who could be heard across the warehouse but I still declined because I am Team No Samples.

:wrong:

Their naan is awesome, as are samples. Perhaps you might find Sams Club to “be more to your taste” (as the kids say these days)?