Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Sorry I need to clean this whole post up for clarity.

I stand by what I said about CirclMastr.
Pivoted to Somber because the vote seems contrary to an opinion CirclMastr's alignment very recently. Reasoning: Somber is quick to dismiss my opinions, and sides with a town that has apathetically sided with my opinion.

Jesus... contrary to an opinion on CirclMastr's alignment.*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

This AA/somb thing is gonna cause a NL, imo

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Votecount for Day 3

CirclMastr (3): Anomalous Amalgam, SalTheBard, Monathin, Somberbrero, Anomalous Amalgam, Alehkhs, Somberbrero
Anomalous Amalgam (2): CirclMastr, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Somberbrero
Somberbrero (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Hal Incandenza (1): imgay

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 16th, 2019 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 10 minutes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well I tried ##vote Circl

fwiw circl just used his stolen mason thing to talk to me and we should dunk aa instead.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Monathin posted:

This AA/somb thing is gonna cause a NL, imo

If we NL I can at least live long enough to shoot someone.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

CirclMastr (4): Anomalous Amalgam, SalTheBard, Monathin, Somberbrero, Anomalous Amalgam, Alehkhs, Somberbrero, Somberbrero
Somberbrero (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Hal Incandenza (1): imgay
Anomalous Amalgam (1): CirclMastr, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 16th, 2019 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
DAY 3

The group glared suspiciously at the grumpy young man, but the fire just wasn't there. There had already been enough death, and despite the haze of suspicion and animosity, the survivors simply split up, and returned to their tents, and settled into fitful sleeps, where wolves howled and a shadowy figure danced beneath the aurora.

No Lynch

IT IS NOW NIGHT 3. YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO SUBMIT YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
NIGHT 3

More deaths. The rich woman's body was found, mauled beyond recognition, spread between three different trees. You never even found the suntanned man's body. By the time his head rolled eyelessly from a bush, you were unwilling to search further. In the shadows of the trees and in the corners of your vision in the sky, something danced with excitement, and howled for more blood.

Bill Owens, the Town Jailer, played by imgay, was killed overnight
---Each night, you may ##Arrest [player]. The target is immune to all other actions that night, but also cannot take actions that night themselves. You may not arrest yourself, nor may you target the same player twice in a row.

Doreen Hatfield, a Town Vanilla, played by AA, was killed overnight
---You have no power but your posts and your vote

Day 4 deadline is set for 5/19, 12 am.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 16, 2019

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (6): Alehkhs, CirclMastr, Hal Incandenza, Monathin, SalTheBard, Somberbrero

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 19th, 2019 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I failed to track my Target last night

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I think it goes without saying that I used a gun on AA last night. I'm sorry that I was wrong.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

SalTheBard posted:

I failed to track my Target last night

who was your target?

probably time to full claim if you haven't already.

i'm a mason recruiter, i got a n0 action and recruited epsilon then. he hinted at his power role in mason chat which is why i tried to stop his lynch d1. on night one i masoned sal, n2 my masonry failed because gay jailed me. i tried to mason gay last night. circl used his stolen masonry to talk with me, it's a persistent effect.

i'll withhold judgment until i hear all the claims.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
good talk everyone.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Somberbrero posted:

who was your target?

probably time to full claim if you haven't already.

i'm a mason recruiter, i got a n0 action and recruited epsilon then. he hinted at his power role in mason chat which is why i tried to stop his lynch d1. on night one i masoned sal, n2 my masonry failed because gay jailed me. i tried to mason gay last night. circl used his stolen masonry to talk with me, it's a persistent effect.

i'll withhold judgment until i hear all the claims.

I want to wait a little to say. I will say it today

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm already out there as town thief. Didn't get a N0 action, or at least didn't know I had the opportunity. N1 I stole a gun from Gulag, N2 I stole a gun and mason radio from Sal, N3 I shot AA with a gun so I couldn't steal.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Eh, it's not like I contribute much.

I am another Town Vanilla. :shobon:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m town vanilla, got my “mod communication” item N0

Interesting the Gulag kill is still unclaimed...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So, if we believe all claims... we can figure out who could not have done N1 kill...

Hal - Jailed by imgay
Sal - Tracking humalong
Somber - Masoning Sal
Circl - Thiefing Gulag

so.... unless there is a lie in there Alekhs or Mona did the kill

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

so.... unless there is a lie in there Alekhs or Mona did the kill

Except Mona wasn't in at the time, it was Fisk. If Fisk did the kill, Monathin might not know about it.

And we're still waiting on Monathin to claim.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
I would happily fess up to killing a scum. Wasn't me. :smith:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the unaccountable kill is upsetting, but with how many guns were floating around it seems more likely that someone had one and just didn't claim it rather than a third party.

unless circl is playing me really hard, i think they're probably town. given the context of hotel hot lake, a town thief makes perfect sense to me. it's also a way to mitigate the massive number of vig kills in this game. cirl managing to correctly guess and steal gulag's gun n1 is a little coincidental, but that's how it be sometimes.

i want to think sal is town, sal is probably town. i don't know why they didn't just claim their target but that's probably just paranoia on both ends.

no real read on mona, i didn't have much on fisk beforehand. i don't really think of fisk as lurker scum but i could be off, i just started playing again recently so his meta might have changed.

honestly i probably feel most comfortable voting alekhs, it seems like they're constantly floating around without doing anything. hal would be my second pick, i wonder if he killed gay because gay wouldn't get off hal's case. then again it could just be an instance of getting rid of the jailor, but i might have bought the argument that gay was scum roleblocker or something.

from most to least scummy, alekhs, hal, mona, sal, cirl.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Somberbrero posted:

honestly i probably feel most comfortable voting alekhs, it seems like they're constantly floating around without doing anything.

I mean, yeah.

Alehkhs posted:

Eh, it's not like I contribute much.

I am another Town Vanilla. :shobon:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Alehkhs posted:

I mean, yeah.

Even if you're VT you can still have reads. In that post you're not even saying who you think it might be, just that it's not you.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hi I'm about to go into work, I was doing some backreading but I didn't do anything last night.

Fullclaim is I've got a 3-shot signal flare that I can either give to a player or use myself to post an anonymous message via mod. Taste already used it once (twice? I was unclear whether or not giving other people flares depletes my x-shot stock).

I'll try to get reads/some analysis up after work.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Somberbrero posted:

i want to think sal is town, sal is probably town. i don't know why they didn't just claim their target but that's probably just paranoia on both ends.

Me keeping my track Target secret for awhile is no indication of my alignment. I will tell people later.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Me keeping my track Target secret for awhile is no indication of my alignment. I will tell people later.

Everyone has claimed, tell us now, not telling us at this point is weird

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

My list of who could kill wasn't about the vig (still weird to be unclaimed) it was who could have done the scum kill N1. If we believe all the claims the only unaccounted for people that night were Mona and Alekhs

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Things that bother me about claims:

N1 Circl says he stole a gun from Gulag. Gulag also claims to have been stolen from. HOWEVER. Sal also claims to have gotten a gun from Gulag N1. I am not the (a) mod, but that doesn't seem to add up to me. Can't see how Gulag could have his invented gun stolen and also given to Sal on the same night.

Also regarding signal flares:

Monathin posted:

Hi I'm about to go into work, I was doing some backreading but I didn't do anything last night.

Fullclaim is I've got a 3-shot signal flare that I can either give to a player or use myself to post an anonymous message via mod. Taste already used it once (twice? I was unclear whether or not giving other people flares depletes my x-shot stock).

I'll try to get reads/some analysis up after work.

This implies that one use was probably the one given to me N0 (used to declare Hal Incandenza town superstar) and the other was used by Fisk himself (to declare Gulag to be telling the truth...). HMMMMMMM

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I suppose Ixt or AA may have killed Gulag and not claimed it (Ixt couldn't since he died the same night, AA could have just been AA-ing)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mona is probably the best vote today, Fisk using the flare to try and clear Gulag and them most likely being one of the 2 or 3 people that could have done the N1 kill and the complete lack of reads from Fisk/Mona for most of the game is pretty damning.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sal's posting has been awful this game, his claims have all been kind of evasive or confused, and I'm not really sure who he has thought was scum most of the game. BUT a lot of his claims have been verified by a few people who can't ALL be his scumbros so I lean toward him just not being at his best this game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Circl... I am just unsure if I believe Town Thief. The thing with Gulag N1 bothers me, and he's also been pretty low-key avoiding reads most of the game as well. Scum Thief is certainly still on the table for me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also if Sal DID get a gun N1 I guess he can't be scum. Third-party tracker is a pretty unusual role so he's most likely town unless it's a complicated gambit of a gulag/sal/circl scum team that really doesn't seem likely

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I mean law of averages says the guy who has barely posted or made reads and claimed VT is probably the scum, so I guess my picks from most to least suspicious right now would be mona/alekhs/circl. Somber could be scum mason recruiter as well I guess but his play has been fairly townie thus far

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

My sleep schedule has been absolute dogshit these past few days but I'm going to put reads out there. Third shift is hell on playing Mafia which is why I haven't been in near as many games lately.

I can't really explain what Taste was doing with their signal flare. I'm not Taste and while on one hand I'm in the same role, on the other, that read feels a bit cold.

I am still wary of Circlmastr because "town thief" is still setting off bad bells for me, but I haven't had time to substantiate that with evidence.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Agree that VT claims look kinda shady at this stage in the game, though, and are easy places for scum to hide.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also like legitimately I've had 3 irl days minimum to get my bearings after replacing in so claiming no reads as evidence against me is pretty drat weak in general.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So, Somber is pretty convincingly town to me, and scum mason doesn't really make sense, so I'm fine declaring them clear.

The fact that Sal had a gun for me to steal means they can't be scum. Could be 3P, but not scum. So again, fine calling them clear.

Of those remaining, from most to least suspicious I would say it's Alehkhs/Monathin/Hal. Alehkhs has contributed basically nothing, even now, and is making the weakest claim. Mona's claim makes sense but sending anonymous messages seems like a useful ability for scum and less useful for town, plus there was the flare defending Gulag who was scum. Hal is also making a weak claim but at least is active and I can't point to much of anything that reads scummy to me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sal's posting has been awful this game, his claims have all been kind of evasive or confused, and I'm not really sure who he has thought was scum most of the game. BUT a lot of his claims have been verified by a few people who can't ALL be his scumbros so I lean toward him just not being at his best this game.

Fine if it's an issue I tracked you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Fine if it's an issue I tracked you.

But... did you get a result that I did nothing or that you were actually roleblocked?