Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mwcSSK-1RQ&t=45s

When you graduate from black and white photos of brick walls to pretend comic, slam poetry?

(e: sorry for the trash snipe)
(e2: maybe this is more just a film student with schizophrenia)

Professor of Cats has a new favorite as of 21:00 on May 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Professor of Cats posted:

When you graduate from black and white photos of brick walls to pretend comic, slam poetry?

My friend thinks he could do a stand-up based on his Tweets. This is what his act would be minus the random racial slurs.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Bogus Adventure posted:

I want a cut that says "I'm offended" in the front, but "I'm still laughing, though" in the back.

I'm still trying to figure where that hairstyle fits on the 'I want to speak to your supervisor' scale of hairstyles.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

M_Sinistrari posted:

I'm still trying to figure where that hairstyle fits on the 'I want to speak to your supervisor' scale of hairstyles.

It's definitely in the "very likely" area of the spectrum.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

30 seconds of a black screen at the beginning is a great way to engage an audience.

Edit: clicked to a random spot and he said "little Mexican penis joke" and that's all I needed to know to give a thumbs down.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Clicked around several random spots and it was just him laughing nervously. Was this filmed under duress? :stonklol:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

He actually slaps in some fake teeth and goes "durrrr" as a punchline to a joke. Who

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Oh wow this is practically weaponized pain in video form.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

a totally smsrt person posted:

Tolerance isn't trying to stop something that makes you uncomfortable, it's about becoming comfortable with something that makes you uncomfortable, also called "growing up".

Or

"Why can't I say the n word and bang kids?!?!?!?"

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It is, for the most part, factually correct - just irrelevant to his extremely intolerable material.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

maswastaken posted:

It is, for the most part, factually correct - just irrelevant to his extremely intolerable material.

Yeah you're right, people should let whatever happen and just grow up about it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do

But if we all grow up, how will comedian guy find children to have sex with?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I think I've said something very poorly. Whatever tolerance is, bad comedian and bad audience laughing at bad jokes still don't deserve any of it.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Jr. posted:

Clicked around several random spots and it was just him laughing nervously. Was this filmed under duress? :stonklol:

at the end of the video; it seems to indicate this is a project or student film or something....or at least I want to hope that is the case because lordy.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

:a2m:

I actually hate that emoji but sometimes you have to.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Whatever gets you to shut the hell up!

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
That standup has to be a bit. I don't believe anyone could be that unfunny for that long accidentally, and without the audience turning on him.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

the real AUG is image compression in TYOOL 2019

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

This looks like a bad photoshop where the quality was intentionally degraded to try to conceal the bad photoshopping. The bottom stickers that flank the text are miraculously flat over a crease in the tailgate.

Also that stand-up is pretty clearly not performed in front of an audience at all. He's standing in front of nobody, making unfunny jokes, and nobody is there to not laugh. There's probably something meta about that last part, but I think it's too high-thinking to be intentional by that dingus.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
This cool person lives in the same apartment complex as my girlfriends dad. It’s a green Saturn hatchback with white bumpers.

It’s the same stickers on the other side of the car.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

The American Dream posted:

This cool person lives in the same apartment complex as my girlfriends dad. It’s a green Saturn hatchback with white bumpers.

See that reflection of you taking a picture of his car?

Some people don't understand the difference between good attention and bad attention.

That person sucks but they also think you just validated their automotive mistakes.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Nothing turns girls on more than speakers mounted on a bare piece of wood nailed to the seatback.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Knormal posted:

Nothing turns girls on more than speakers mounted on a bare piece of wood nailed to the seatback.

*takes notes*

Spyderizer
Feb 18, 2004

Panty Dr Pepper?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

please dad don't come to the concert with me

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

LifeSunDeath posted:

Where do these poor damned souls even go from there, aesthetically? Telling them they look like poo poo isn't helpful at all, even if it's objectively true, because the "fashions" they "should" be wearing are literally no better.
It took me a super long time and a whole lot of drugs and despair-inducing introspection to reach the relative stability of short hair, flannel and still-not-quite-enough-pockets trousers.
I didn't even start tucking my shirt until I became a salesman and now it's just kinda my look even as I will never do retail sales ever again.

Edit: Is her dad wearing a goddamn onesie under a pleather jacket? And I can't even take a stab at identifying what is on his head. It's not any worse than high-fashion but GODDAMN he is trying. :mrwhite:

Tubgoat has a new favorite as of 16:57 on May 18, 2019

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
God, the swept-hair emo look. It wasn't a good style, but that guy's gigantic chin and bulbous nose really don't work with it. I say this as someone with what a drunk guy once described as a "very Roman nose" (which he meant as a compliment), so I feel his pain. That comment was made in like 2010 though so it probably didn't have anything to do with Nazis fetishizing Roman poo poo. I hope.

Also I'm pretty sure Trenchcoat Dad is wearing a button-down shirt that is the exact same shade of black as his pants. If you look closely, you can see a horizontal line where his shirt ends. It's right about the same height as the trenchcoat sleeve on his right arm (the one with the spiked bracelet). Also what is up with the girl's hair? Are those weird hair extensions or are they the yarn(?) extensions like that one goon on Awful Yearbook all those years ago? You know the one I'm talking about.

Dick Burglar has a new favorite as of 20:11 on May 18, 2019

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Never would i have expected to see an Iced Earth shirt in the year of our Lord two thousand and nineteen.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I don't know what you could possibly mean by this:

Tubgoat posted:

the "fashions" they "should" be wearing are literally no better.

because pretty much literally anything would be better. A toga made of actual tarp might be better.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Trabant posted:

I don't know what you could possibly mean by this:

because pretty much literally anything would be better. A toga made of actual tarp might be better.

The fashion industry is curated exclusively by people with worse style than these people, it is a blight upon civilisation, separate from capitalism, because even capitalism is insufficient to explain the inherent awfulness.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Never would i have expected to see an Iced Earth shirt in the year of our Lord two thousand and nineteen.

I keep thinking that's a pic from the 90's, and while I'm really hoping it is I just can't be sure. That fuzzy bucket hat reminds me of a lamp 11yo me had.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

LifeSunDeath posted:

I miss Fashion SWAT

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I very much doubt that Trenchcoat Dad picture is from 2019. I'd pin it as 2007-2009ish. Who knows though, maybe some dorks still dress that way.

Edit: this Reddit post says "2005" and the OP claims to be the girl in the picture.

quote:

Yeah I was 15 in this photo and he was at least more than 5 years older, can't really remember thougg

Hmm.

Dick Burglar has a new favorite as of 20:17 on May 18, 2019

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Tubgoat posted:

The fashion industry is curated exclusively by people with worse style than these people, it is a blight upon civilisation, separate from capitalism, because even capitalism is insufficient to explain the inherent awfulness.

Fashion is an exercise in displaying decadence and encouraging avarice. It's terrible, and it should be shut down.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Fashion is for people who like to be looked at :reject:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I think we can gulag the concept of fashion and under fully-automated luxury gay space communism have protection, pockets and beauty, which are the three reasons we pig-apes wear clothing in the first goddamn place.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Dick Burglar posted:

Also what is up with the girl's hair? Are those weird hair extensions or are they the yarn(?) extensions like that one goon on Awful Yearbook all those years ago? You know the one I'm talking about.

Maybe she cheaped out and got her hair extensions at Best Buy

I too miss Fashion Swat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Dick Burglar posted:

God, the swept-hair emo look. It wasn't a good style,

excuse you