Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Bad news: Legends will be a midseason replacement next season :(
Good news: Legends will be a part of the COIE crossover! :toot:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/16/arrowverse-crisis-on-infinite-earths-details/

Still no Black Lightning :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vietnamwees posted:

Oh, how wonderful. I can only imagine what hijinks well see Supergirl & the rest of our heroes get up to during this crossover. I hope Supergirl questions Sara about her donning her Super threads.

She'll be into it, if you know what I mean.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Still no Black Lightning :negative:

Honestly, I'm okay with this.

The real reason they wont crossover is that BL is filmed in Georgia will everyone else is in Vancouver

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Xelkelvos posted:

Honestly, I'm okay with this.

The real reason they wont crossover is that BL is filmed in Georgia will everyone else is in Vancouver

I'm guessing they're not one of the companies refusing to film there due to abortion laws.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GreenNight posted:

I'm guessing they're not one of the companies refusing to film there due to abortion laws.

They’re in a really tight spot. The CW is woke as gently caress, but it’s also super cheap to film in GA, plus the show would loose a big chunk of its identity if it was filmed anywhere else. The same thing kind of happened with Supergirl when made the jump from LA to Vancouver in Season 2. Yeah it made crossovers easier, but at the cost of the look and feel of the show AND Calista Flockheart.

Batwoman looks to be doing its principle photography in Chicago like The Dark Knight and the Gotham section of Elseworlds did, and yet it’s also a part of the crossover, so I don’t know if the geography is that big of an issue this time around.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

They’re in a really tight spot. The CW is woke as gently caress, but it’s also super cheap to film in GA, plus the show would loose a big chunk of its identity if it was filmed anywhere else. The same thing kind of happened with Supergirl when made the jump from LA to Vancouver in Season 2. Yeah it made crossovers easier, but at the cost of the look and feel of the show AND Calista Flockheart.

Batwoman looks to be doing its principle photography in Chicago like The Dark Knight and the Gotham section of Elseworlds did, and yet it’s also a part of the crossover, so I don’t know if the geography is that big of an issue this time around.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-ent-batwoman-pilot-filming-chicago-20190325-story.html

It's not clear if it's just the pilot that's getting shots filmed in Chicago or multiple episodes. But other scenes are being shot in Vancouver. One of the places they're filing near looks to resemble the Wayne tower so it may be for establishing shots and stuff.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-ent-batwoman-pilot-filming-chicago-20190325-story.html

It's not clear if it's just the pilot that's getting shots filmed in Chicago or multiple episodes. But other scenes are being shot in Vancouver. One of the places they're filing near looks to resemble the Wayne tower so it may be for establishing shots and stuff.

That’s fair. The trailer looked to be made up exclusively of scenes from the pilot, and that was clearly all done in Chicago. Filming the rest of the series in Vancouver and then just using establishing shots of Chicago to fool people makes more sense, as Chicago is not exactly a city geared for filming in and Vancouver’s much cheaper.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

That’s fair. The trailer looked to be made up exclusively of scenes from the pilot, and that was clearly all done in Chicago. Filming the rest of the series in Vancouver and then just using establishing shots of Chicago to fool people makes more sense, as Chicago is not exactly a city geared for filming in and Vancouver’s much cheaper.

There's tons of filming going on in Chicago, it's just that it's a major US metropolis and isn't as cheap as Canada.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If you want an awesome river with a bunch of cool bridges spanning it you're not gonna find much better than Chicago. Not in the US anyways. The L trains have been used for countless films as well.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rhyno posted:

If you want an awesome river with a bunch of cool bridges spanning it you're not gonna find much better than Chicago. Not in the US anyways.

*Ahem* Portland.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

*Ahem* Portland.

Portland doubles for Central City in establishing shots, fwiw.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Rhyno posted:

If you want an awesome river with a bunch of cool bridges spanning it you're not gonna find much better than Chicago. Not in the US anyways. The L trains have been used for countless films as well.

Casting Directors I'm available and live a 5 minute walk from those bridges. If nothing else a new city would set a different tone for the show, they've kinda shot Vancouver to death at this point. I know you can always redress and relight and everything looks fresh and new but it can only go so far.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Portland doubles for Central City in establishing shots, fwiw.

Yeah, Star Labs is just across the river from the local science museum (I think they missed out on replacing OMSI entirely). We don't have the buildings to pull off Gotham, but we've got some neat bridges. Chicago has more by a factor of three or four, but they reuse the same designs which is boring.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Catching up to this season. Neron should have made Ray grab Nate's butt. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just because he wears a red white and blue suit does not mean that is America's butt.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I can't believe Gary's haunted nipple is a real thing that happened.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

SardonicTyrant posted:

I can't believe Gary's haunted nipple is a real thing that happened.

Not haunted, Hell-possessed.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It’s only next season that Gary’s nipple comes back as a ghost to haunt the Waverider.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Fairy godmother coming back was a great twist that keeps getting better.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Is Neron in control of the nipple or is there another hell demon who got nipple duty?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gary wishing for a third nipple for just in case was great.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

nooneofconsequence posted:

Is Neron in control of the nipple or is there another hell demon who got nipple duty?
You don't have a nipple guy? Lol.

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
Downloading an app that has a ToS where you agree to give up your soul to a demon is just so on point.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God I hate smug evil Ray, Routh is just so good.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Alright Legends, you're up to bat next. Show the world how to pull off a finale involving a dragon that doesn't blow chunky rear end!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
With how all the other Arrowverse show seasons have been ending, I want (this year's finales spoilers) the Monitor to just show up, witnessing the Legends' most recent "plan", and just portal away in fear

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ApeHawk posted:

With how all the other Arrowverse show seasons have been ending, I want (this year's finales spoilers) the Monitor to just show up, witnessing the Legends' most recent "plan", and just portal away in fear

It's not a spoiler since it's already been shown on Arrow. (I think)

But yes, the Monitor poofing in and being like "THERE IS A WAR COMING, I HAVE COME TO TEST—" and then seeing a dragon chasing the crew around the ship as Sarah is yelling at Gideon to give her the details about a juggalo obtaining a magic stone and creating the United Clowns of Amerika while Nate dresses up in full makeup would be amazing

just a brief pause followed by "nope" and warping out

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Was that loving Vandal Savage.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Noooooooo

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Should've been Damian, but still :laffo:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

To be fair Vandal Savage wasn't the especially bad part of season 1. Remember the eps with him just chillin' in 1950s suburbia?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Love that none of the costumes fit

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
This episode has gotten super meta.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Monitor disapproving of Legends shenanigans confirmed.

Okay, maybe a bit more approving now that he's got popcorn.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Monitor eating popcorn

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Ahahahaha, the Monitor eating popcorn :allears:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Only the Legends could do this

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

No way people would know the lyrics to this song.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

"Didn't they do this last year?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Oh poo poo.