Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Is there a limit on the number of free horses if you do separate transactions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howdoesishotweb
Nov 21, 2002

Simpsons Reference posted:

I don't need a whole horse. Can I get a half horse but still keep the discount?

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

The only limit is how many horses you have room in your heart for.

howdoesishotweb posted:

Unfortunately, no, but maybe you can go in on one together with your neigh-bor?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Horse pun

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

howdoesishotweb posted:

They don't call them halfway horses for nothing.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

They don't call them halfway horses for nothing.

#whinnying

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

tater_salad posted:

My issue with coupons is that 1. you have to spend 20 min trying to combine all that poo poo to get a free $1 bag of pasta. The other issue is that in order to save 50 cents on tuna you need to buy 4 tins, which I wasn't going to buy anyways.

Generally from what I've read about the extreme coupon show on TLC is that a lot of times they are gaming the system knowing that the coupon said 3 12oz packages but you can get away with 3 8oz packages etc. gently caress wasting all that time and effort to save myself $10 at the grocery store, meanwhile now I have 42 bottles of loving Gatorade that I wasn't going to buy anyways.

That and it's all super processed shelf stable food. Ain't no extreme couponing for vegetables.

I remember there was a thread here years ago for extreme couponing and the regular posters just had mountains and mountains of air fresheners, toothpaste, deodorant, candles, cereal, mac&cheese, etc. Like more than you could conceivably use in a lifetime. It was weird.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Love my boat Short Sail and my horse Manger Call.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

zelah posted:

Love my boat Short Sail and my horse Manger Call.

:perfect:

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Barry posted:

That and it's all super processed shelf stable food. Ain't no extreme couponing for vegetables.

I remember there was a thread here years ago for extreme couponing and the regular posters just had mountains and mountains of air fresheners, toothpaste, deodorant, candles, cereal, mac&cheese, etc. Like more than you could conceivably use in a lifetime. It was weird.

I know two people who do that, and then either resell extras at a garage sale (toiletries most often) or at work (gift cards from churning or small countertop appliances from couponing). I don't think either do it to make a bunch of profit, but rather as a hobby. Not at all worth my time, that's for drat sure.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Barry posted:

This too. Like I rarely eat lovely prepackaged hamburger helper and mac-n-cheese. My grocery cart is usually 60% veggies 40% meats, not boxes of cereal etc.

edit: aint no one got buy a tomato get a tomato 1/2 off coupon.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 17, 2019

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Hey just last week I had a $1 off $1+ bananas purchase coupon. Stores definitely do b1g1 on meat sometimes, too. (though it's more common to just see it for 50% off on a regular sale)

The Extreme Couponing people are borderline hoarders, though.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

My sister did couponing for a while and had like three years of toothbrushes stashed away.

For some people that’s just one toothbrush but she had one for every day of the year.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

I really am not sure but I can only assume this is BWM and just bizarre as hell.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/21/world/europe/finland-hobbyhorse-girls.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

I was stuck behind an extreme couponer in line at the grocery store recently during the prime time evening rush. Sooooo many people staring daggers at this fucker holding up the line arguing with the apathetic checker over literal cents. Pretty sure everyone in the store hated that person with a passion.

If you’re going to do that poo poo at least go in at off hours, good lord.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

After the Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup, they racked up a $156k bar tab:

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

The only way this could get more Omaha would be if that plate was on a Porsche Cayenne

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I like the idea of using coupons but I feel it is not as common in the uk and when it is you have to like download an app and poo poo and it’s just not worth it. It’s never anything I want either :saddowns:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
my goon friend showed me extreme couponing beyond your wildest dreams. It only worked at CVS but he found an exploit that got you anything at the store for literally pennies on the dollar. Never chanced it with booze since those required an attendant to approve things

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

spwrozek posted:

I really am not sure but I can only assume this is BWM and just bizarre as hell.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/21/world/europe/finland-hobbyhorse-girls.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

okay that's a little weird but it's just kids being ki...

quote:

A veterinarian lectured girls on hobbyhorse vaccination schedules, saying “check that the eyes are clear and there is no nasal discharge.” The girls discussed hobbyhorse bloodlines and hobbyhorse temperaments, hobbyhorse training routines and hobbyhorse diets.

:yikes:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

what are the average costs to keep a horse annually anyway

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

If all the stories from reddit in this thread are to be believed, about 120% of your take-home income.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Alan Smithee posted:

what are the average costs to keep a horse annually anyway

From personal experience: at least $10-15k a year with full board/farrier/vet/shows.

Dr. Eldarion posted:

If all the stories from reddit in this thread are to be believed, about 120% of your take-home income.
Thank goodness for Daddy's money. Because my spouse's expenses are 200% of what she makes working retail, inheritance is frittered on the rest.

Those hobby horse girls are doing it up like a real dressage show. That includes vet inspection, bit check, soundness. Also from those gifs, those girls memorized dressage tests and included flying lead changes, extended trots, canter, half pass, piaff. So, high level tests. I feel bad for them, because they're LARPing, except when you LARP as a wizard it's because you magic isn't real, not because you can't afford it.

Never ever date Horse Women. At least they're not clingy, because in order, their priorities are:

1. The horse (s)
2. Daddy's Money
3. Your Money
4. You

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 12:23 on May 18, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

My mom has two horses that she neglects and I bet they run for $750/yr tops.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Be they children or horses, neglect is an effective way to economize.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

BloodBag posted:

Never ever date Horse Women. At least they're not clingy, because in order, their priorities are:

1. The horse (s)
2. Daddy's Money
3. Your Money
4. You

After two dates with girls who were in to horses, it became an immediate dating red flag for me.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Residency Evil posted:

After two dates with girls who were in to horses, it became an immediate dating red flag for me.

I've heard people describe it akin to dating a single mother.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BloodBag posted:

I've heard people describe it akin to dating a single mother.

Speaking as someone who’s dating a single mother, there’s no way it’s that good.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

colachute posted:

My mom has two horses that she neglects and I bet they run for $750/yr tops.

Someone help me budget my horses are dying!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Alan Smithee posted:

Someone help me budget my horses are dying!

you're doing good, keep going

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
It’s cheaper to use manufacturer’s coupons and supermarket rewards points to buy a few hundred cans of horse purée, anyway

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

SpelledBackwards posted:

After the Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup, they racked up a $156k bar tab:

There's a bottle for $100000 towards the end, I feel like they just went for broke when the team was drunk enough and said "hey you want our VERY BEST???"

Also, 24k tip, a small team of servers had a VERY good night splitting that.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The article does say it’s a 30 L bottle so around 40 regular bottles worth. So that’s something.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Volmarias posted:

There's a bottle for $100000 towards the end, I feel like they just went for broke when the team was drunk enough and said "hey you want our VERY BEST???"

What most people don't know is they had a coupon for that

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Volmarias posted:

wtf bottle of Bacardi costs $300

Also, with all that expensive premium liquor flowing, they still ordered 135 Bud Lights

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Elysium posted:

wtf bottle of Bacardi costs $300

Also, with all that expensive premium liquor flowing, they still ordered 135 Bud Lights

Uh yeah they're salt of the earth people?

Kinda funny that if you take away the big bottle you're down to a 35k bar tab which, while still impressive, you could honestly split between a hockey team and regret but not go bankrupt.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Don't forget the lone Amstel Light. I think they tracked that one down to a reporter that was covering the team.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Volmarias posted:

That thing was a Midas bottle, 30 liters of champagne all at once. I'm sure it's very nice but the stratospheric price tag was more about sheer volume and novelty than anything.

e:beaten by smackfu

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Honestly most those guys get a huge amount of bonus money for winning the cup. That year they all made more money than the vast majority of Americans make in a lifetime. It is not the best use of money but honestly for those guys it is probably not really BWM. It is GWL for the servers though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Those servers probably had like 2k of it withheld from their checks each assuming 5 servers, but still a nice loving bonus.