Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Lurdiak posted:

Hey, Get Out is "recently added" to Netflix. Neat.

Heck yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Excuse me hi I just wanted to shout about how much I loved Bad Taste and how Peter Jackson is a loving legend

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Watched It's Alive last night for the first time and loving loved it. Can't wait to watch the sequels.

I've also been going through the Wishmaster films, and they really should've stopped when they lost the original Djinn. That dude was a lot of fun.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
surprising amount of homophobia in Evil Bong :thunk:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I've also been going through the Wishmaster films, and they really should've stopped when they lost the original Djinn. That dude was a lot of fun.

Andrew Divoff has a store where you can buy Djinn rings among other things.

https://andrewdivoff.bigcartel.com/product/djinn-rings

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I watched Doomsday yesterday. It was very disappointing. I agree with reviews that said it did less with more as opposed to more with less like Dog Soldiers and The Descent did (both of which are rad as hell). The main character was insanely boring, the bad guys were pretty lame, the writing was pretty bad. The movie is like a mashup/rip-off of like five other movies, any of which would have been a better use of my time.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

If anyone is still looking for grave robbing movies, I just watched Hammer Horror's Curse of Frankenstein earlier this week and really enjoyed it. Lots of corpse theft and part-picking by Peter Cushing's Frankenstein.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Pomp posted:

surprising amount of homophobia in Evil Bong :thunk:

I didn't find it particularly surprising

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Sarchasm posted:

If anyone is still looking for grave robbing movies, I just watched Hammer Horror's Curse of Frankenstein earlier this week and really enjoyed it. Lots of corpse theft and part-picking by Peter Cushing's Frankenstein.

Curse of Frankenstein owns so much.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Is the Butterfly Kisses you're all talking about the one from 2017 or the one from 2018?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Almost Blue posted:

Is the Butterfly Kisses you're all talking about the one from 2017 or the one from 2018?

https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/butterfly-kisses-2018

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Thanks! I'll check it out.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Pursuing this link, I find that found footage and web/social media meta horror aren't dead after all! Happy weekend everyone!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Screamers is such a good loving name for a horror movie

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
Okay, Re-Animator yesterday was incredible so I'm keeping it going and doing Demons today, and so far I don't have much of an opinion--

But! If anyone knows: Does Joe Bob just like, genuinely know every loving thing? Do you think he needs to do research before he talks about this stuff? Is it a teleprompter? I'm just baffled.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

ThePagey posted:

Okay, Re-Animator yesterday was incredible so I'm keeping it going and doing Demons today, and so far I don't have much of an opinion--

But! If anyone knows: Does Joe Bob just like, genuinely know every loving thing? Do you think he needs to do research before he talks about this stuff? Is it a teleprompter? I'm just baffled.

He does research before he talks, a lot of time his little bits of knowledge are from the IMDB trivia.

However he does know a ton about a lot of movies, like when he talks about Texas Chainsaw, Marilyn Chambers or Larry Cohen - he knows a ton.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He's absolutely reading off a teleprompter some of the time.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

Jason X is the greatest horror franchise sequel of all time.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Hollismason posted:

Welcome back, sweet sunshine.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

*Saw II blocks your path*

(welcome back i missed you and i love you)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hollismason posted:

Hollis! You sahn of a bitch!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hollismason posted:

You should get another month for this nonsense!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Late to the question but Hammer's "Curse of Frankenstein" is the best grave robbing movie, and now I feel like falling down a Hammer hole

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The best grave robbing film is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

david_a posted:

I watched Doomsday yesterday. It was very disappointing. I agree with reviews that said it did less with more as opposed to more with less like Dog Soldiers and The Descent did (both of which are rad as hell). The main character was insanely boring, the bad guys were pretty lame, the writing was pretty bad. The movie is like a mashup/rip-off of like five other movies, any of which would have been a better use of my time.

On the other hand, Rhona Mitra is outrageously hot.

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
I think my issue with Butterfly Kisses was mostly that middle guy. There's three layers to the movie. The film school kids experienced through Gavin's lense, and him through the documentary crew's lense, and either way that guy is involved somehow and he was the weakest character in the film. Gavin was just so obnoxious I kept hoping he'd die off early so I wouldnt have scenes with him anymore. Imagine a movie that's like an oreo, but instead of cream in the middle, it's an insufferable douche that doesn't care about his family and wears a flatcap.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Coffee And Pie posted:

Excuse me hi I just wanted to shout about how much I loved Bad Taste and how Peter Jackson is a loving legend

Oh yea? I have some ground to make up in the challenge thread and I've had that on my list for a while now.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Just finished Dracula Prince of Darkness. God I love Hammer horror

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

The best grave robbing film is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Love you man welcome back

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I'm ten minutes away from the end of VHS Viral and it can't loving come soon enough, what a piece of garbage

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

COOL CORN posted:

I'm ten minutes away from the end of VHS Viral and it can't loving come soon enough, what a piece of garbage

BONESTORM saved it for me tbh

like I can take or leave most of it but I love the hell out of Bonestorm

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

BONESTORM saved it for me tbh

like I can take or leave most of it but I love the hell out of Bonestorm

Yeah, Bonestorm was my favorite out of the stories in that one.

And I learned today I've been confusing Demon Wind with Demonwarp for way too long.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

VHS Viral is hurt by a terrible wrap around that somehow makes the film worse , but Parallel Monsters is loving phenomenal.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

theres 2 good sequences in the entire VHS franchise and they are the honeymoon killer one from the first movie and the crazy cult one from one of the sequels i cant remember which

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kvlt! posted:

theres 2 good sequences in the entire VHS franchise and they are the honeymoon killer one from the first movie and the crazy cult one from one of the sequels i cant remember which

I agree with half of this, I'd say that Safe Haven (the cult one from 2) and BONESTORM are the two redeeming ones

By the way if you liked Safe Haven and haven't seen the Raid movies you're doing yourself a disservice, those movies are brutal as gently caress

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Raid movies are a ton of fun.

I watched A Candle For the Devil last night. V good. Wish it was a bit more crazy/violent as its got a fun premise but doesn't go anywhere really with it. Still fun atmosphere and really captured the small Spanish town vibe.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Kvlt! posted:

Okay, for what I felt was good for each one.

From VHS:

Tuesday the 17th with the Glitch Killer
10/31/98 with the exorcism

From VHS2:

A Ride in the Park with the GoPro wearing zombie

Safe Haven with the cult.

Slumber Party Alien Abduction, I was okay with until the dog dies. That ruined it for me.

From VHS: Viral:

Dante the Great and Parallel Monsters really felt like they were shortchanged and should've been thier own solo features to shine.

Bonestorm

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hate the alien short because of the dead dog and the lovely aliens.

The kids were cool because they felt like real kids.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CelticPredator posted:

I hate the alien short because of the dead dog

I hated that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Slumber Party Alien Abduction has some amazing sound design if you're watching it with surround sound or headphones.