Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Starting to think this guy isn’t actually very professional at all.

I bet Jared isn't even his REAL NAME :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/ProJared/status/1129557897837342721

holy gently caress, this victim blaming rear end in a top hat. gently caress projared forever. the "open relationship" schtick that was already addressed by Heidi, didn't even mention the fact that Holly and Ross were married, and most importantly didn't even mention the elephant in the room: EXCHANGING PHOTOS WITH MINORS!!!!

Heidi also literally mentioned that she went a long with it because he's a giant piece of gaslighting poo poo. Nothing he's saying here justifies anything. Even if she was in a reltationship with someone else while in an open relationship he was aware of it with while Heidi wasn't aware of his relationship with Holly which from what I understand is a big no no in open relationships. Like I would think that it would be even shadier to not disclose that you're loving someone else in an open relationship, especially when she's friends with her. "I didn't kick her out on the streets which makes me a good person"

And lol at not being a manipulative rear end in a top hat when literally grooming children and turning everything around on the other person loudly speaks to the contrary.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

I know there's always going to be somebody, but it does boggle the mind anybody'd take a look at this and go "YOU HAVE MY SWORD."

Sometimes people (unconsciously) look at the choice between "accept that someone I like and have invested emotion in is actually terrible" and "deny a painful reality and continue to be able to like that person" and pick the option that's easier for them. We're very bad at dealing with mixes of good and bad qualities, especially when we feel attached to someone (as in these parasocial setups).

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
On a different note, about a week ago Core-A Gaming released a video called Why Button Mashing Doesn't Work, which is kind of a misleading title as it's more of a really, really good primer on the basics of fighting games (frame data, neutral, footsies, rushdown etc.)

However, it got age restricted for some reason he can't quite figure out, and since his appeal failed he went and made a Family Man Edition of the video, replacing almost any remotely objectionable material he can find with something sillier.

Still though, they're both really good videos and you should watch them.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
https://twitter.com/CaseyExplosion/status/1129713218321027073

Twitter thread talking about the Epic Store.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

thats a really good thread and its true. Epic sucks and i am glad someone is putting my gut feelings into actual words. if epic had been like GoG and improved on steams model or did stuff better then i would be cool with them. but they don't do that.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Puppy Time posted:

Sometimes people (unconsciously) look at the choice between "accept that someone I like and have invested emotion in is actually terrible" and "deny a painful reality and continue to be able to like that person" and pick the option that's easier for them. We're very bad at dealing with mixes of good and bad qualities, especially when we feel attached to someone (as in these parasocial setups).

Two people I know lean towards believing projareds side of things and they're not even fans of his, just fuckin dumb

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Man, I remember people being very pro Epic Store when it was first announced.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

If Steam hadn’t been bad and lazy for a decade they would not be successfully attacked by a competitor like the Epic Store but monopolies tend to get lazy since they have no reason to change

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Linkara got together with a bunch of former Channel Awesome video producers to do another "anniversary" cross-over, though to save on time and money this time it's in the form of an audio drama. It will be released in 6 daily parts starting on June 17th. You can find the full details on Linkara's site and a teaser below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVx82zhKrLc

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

Two people I know lean towards believing projareds side of things and they're not even fans of his, just fuckin dumb

i am weirdly surprised. not even the loving chuds are taking this assholes side(for shittier reasons sure), why do they think he is in the right?

FlamingLiberal posted:

If Steam hadn’t been bad and lazy for a decade they would not be successfully attacked by a competitor like the Epic Store but monopolies tend to get lazy since they have no reason to change

yeah steam is terrible in its various own special ways too. but as of right now, i will take them over Epic.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Tired Moritz posted:

Man, I remember people being very pro Epic Store when it was first announced.

I was pro epic store when it first announced because steam sucks but of course we live in capitalism and everything is horrible

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

watho posted:

I was pro epic store when it first announced because steam sucks but of course we live in capitalism and everything is horrible

like competiion is cool if you actualy offer something different or better than the other company. GoG has issues but they offer tons weird old retro games and forced steam to release those too. Epic is just flashing money at devs for exclusivity and then loving them and also spyware. gently caress em.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Oh yeah I agree gently caress epic but I was excited at first because I naively thought that it couldn’t be worse than steam

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I was pro Epic cause Steam needed a foot to the rear end and also it was hilarious seeing how First World Problem goons in the steam thread got at having to open a second application, and trying to act like because they run a shitbox 360 their computer will not have the power to run multiple launchers at once was a legit concern. Then dug deep to pretend steam reviews and curators were something useful on steam beyond finding out the latest memes with the youths.

Also no, closing a launcher when I'm not actively playing a game its on isn't a solution.

But yeah spying etc.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

We're blessed to have voices like Casey Explosion and Jim Sterling in the EGS discourse because criticizing EGS is important but not enough criticism is, y'know, good.

grittyreboot posted:

Because anniversary crossovers worked so well for those guys in the past.

But this time around it's being put together without the Walkers' input and it's a radio drama therefore an easier project to handle.

DoubleCakes fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 18, 2019

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Mr.Radar posted:

Linkara got together with a bunch of former Channel Awesome video producers to do another "anniversary" cross-over, though to save on time and money this time it's in the form of an audio drama. It will be released in 6 daily parts starting on June 17th. You can find the full details on Linkara's site and a teaser below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVx82zhKrLc

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

grittyreboot posted:

Voice-only sounds like it solves a million problems that the "movies" had in the past, so honestly it would probably be a positive experience for the people involved.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

grittyreboot posted:

Not being run by the walkers should probably make things a lot better

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

watho posted:

Not being run by the walkers should probably make things a lot better

yeah. i am curious how bad it was. i know some of it is covered in the turn the channel tome. i also remember all those chan stories about shooting people who were camera people and stuff were. I remember one about how doug just screamed about his cape getting torn.

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i kinda hope she does a video on GoT someday even if its not really in her wheelhouse. id be curious to her expound on why it went to hell.

I kinda of think that's going to be a partial mystery until we find out , hopefully after the final book drops, what the actual information/guidelines GRRM gave D&D to use for the remainder of the show.

I also wonder if there is any pact or what not, if the way things turned out was directed by GRRM, but then he sees the negative reaction and changes the ending in the book.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i am curious how bad it was. i know some of it is covered in the turn the channel tome. i also remember all those chan stories about shooting people who were camera people and stuff were. I remember one about how doug just screamed about his cape getting torn.
Those stories were all proven fake by virtue of Doug being too cheap to have camera people.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

That's also an option, yes. There are many ways for people to arrive at a really stupid and lovely choice!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Terrible Opinions posted:

Those stories were all proven fake by virtue of Doug being too cheap to have camera people.

Yeah, wasn't Rob his 'camera people?'

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, wasn't Rob his 'camera people?'

Doug’s camera man is usual a [insert brand here] tripod.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is this the right place to ask what the hell a James Charles is and why my twitter keeps spamming the topic at me?

All I gathered is he was a jerk and got mobbed and now everyone is apologizing and I'm confused as to why its trending.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is this the right place to ask what the hell a James Charles is and why my twitter keeps spamming the topic at me?

All I gathered is he was a jerk and got mobbed and now everyone is apologizing and I'm confused as to why its trending.

He's a makeup artist on YouTube that's recently gotten poo poo lobbed at him for attempting to pressure and coerce straight guys into sleeping with him. The guy is a total piece of poo poo but a lot of awful people are using this to further the whole predatory gays thing now. :smith:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Leal posted:

Then dug deep to pretend steam reviews and curators were something useful on steam beyond finding out the latest memes with the youths.

They actually are but every time it comes up you act like a weirdo about it. hth

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"we need to break up the monopoly!" *gets paid a boatload by epic to be an exclusive for a year*

valve has hosed up steam for years by just letting anything and everything on and it'd be pretty easy to make a better storefront.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My understanding of the imbroglio is:

James Charles is a popular makeup youtube guy

James Charles was approached to do some kind of product endorsement

Said product endorsement was for a company that was a competitor of James Charles's mentor (?)

The mentor got mad and revealed various lovely things James Charles did, mostly the being a sex pest thing

Makeup youtube is apparently prepared to explode at any moment over just about anything.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

DoubleCakes posted:

We're blessed to have voices like Casey Explosion and Jim Sterling in the EGS discourse because criticizing EGS is important but not enough criticism is, y'know, good.

But this time around it's being put together without the Walkers' input and it's a radio drama therefore an easier project to handle.

has jim sterling been able to make the connection from "AAA game companies are relentlessly lovely in all aspects" to "capitalism is relentlessly lovely" yet?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

A big flaming stink posted:

has jim sterling been able to make the connection from "AAA game companies are relentlessly lovely in all aspects" to "capitalism is relentlessly lovely" yet?

He's been doing it for a while now. :shrug:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

DoubleCakes posted:

Especially since Jim started out talking about the good points of the Epic store before the poo poo really hit the fan. It's not like he went in hating it from day one. Epic just managed to gently caress up all their goodwill extremely fast.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
He recently coined the term "ca-triple-aptialism".

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

fallenturtle posted:

I kinda of think that's going to be a partial mystery until we find out , hopefully after the final book drops, what the actual information/guidelines GRRM gave D&D to use for the remainder of the show.

I also wonder if there is any pact or what not, if the way things turned out was directed by GRRM, but then he sees the negative reaction and changes the ending in the book.

i don't even hate the last season in broad strokes. its just rushed to hell and back. Lindsey herself said both 7 and 8 needed 10 episodes plus other fixes and i agree. from reading the leaked ending episode, its dumb but alot of it is what i assumed would happen since season 3.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I’ve been looking for a good, in-depth writeup of the James Charles thing for people who aren’t in the makeup scene but so far nothing has come up.

John Murdoch posted:

They actually are but every time it comes up you act like a weirdo about it. hth

Yeah I don’t bother with curators so I can’t comment on how good those are but steam reviews are very good.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ariong posted:

I’ve been looking for a good, in-depth writeup of the James Charles thing for people who aren’t in the makeup scene but so far nothing has come up.

Yeah I don’t bother with curators so I can’t comment on how good those are but steam reviews are very good.

so whats the deal. i heard he basically gas lit and molested straigt kids/men plus a bunch of other poo poo. also i would like a good write up in general.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Epic isn't spyware, that was based on a clueless misunderstanding of how any software at all works. Also, Steam reviews are bombed to poo poo any time ~gamers~ are aggrieved in any way, they're a totally unreliable metric.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am weirdly surprised. not even the loving chuds are taking this assholes side(for shittier reasons sure), why do they think he is in the right?

well 'in the right' is a bit far because nobodys willing to defend the sending pics to minors thing lol. some people are just super dogshit at detecting who the liar is.

i had some quotes here but should probably get rid of them lol. basically just conspiracy theory "BUT WHAT IF" talk and nothing more. just dumb like i said

james charles just put out a 40 minute response video, which, i havent seen but, even if he had done nothing bad ever, making a 40 minute video is enough to get you sent to hell

GulagDolls fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Ariong posted:

This seems to be a decent summary, though at this point it's a week old so any recent developments wouldn't be included. EDIT: Here's another writeup that seems to go into a bit more detail and link more sources.

Mr.Radar fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 19, 2019