Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Zogo posted:

YouTube Star Gets 10 Years for Coaxing Underage Female Fans to Share Sexually Explicit Videos
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/youtube-star-gets-10-years-223224908.html

Sets a good precedent for the ProJared case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

TheHeadSage posted:

Sets a good precedent for the ProJared case.

What did anyone expect from a YouTuber whose name is actively rooting for this guy:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Not to distract from that he's a predatorial poo poo, but he's got grade-A douchebag hair.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Apparently there were updates in Jim Cumming's Trial. A judge has ruled after last week's hearings.

https://www.nydailynews.com/enterta...zmji-story.html

The Facts:
- Jim and his wife Stephanie share custody of their children.
- Jim has the physical custody of his children, but his wife is granted visitation.
- Both parties now have restraining orders in place against each other (outside of visitations)
- His wife was ordered mandatory therapy sessions before she can visit the children
- Judge has ruled that there was 'Abuse on both sides', that if I'm reading right, was aimed to each other. No word on any abuse towards children or pets
- Both were admonished for their bad parenting.

The Claims:
- Jim's claims: His wife tried to blackmail him about with going public with the accusations. His wife disappeared for 10 months, leaving him with the kids (note: it's hard to tell if this was post-separation, or pre-).
- Stephanie's claims: Jim had raped her, and sexually assaulted her even after the divorce (one noted, post-separation incident alleges Jim groped and forcibly kissed her in front of the children). He mistreated family pets. Had abused their children. Was an abuser of drugs.
- There was an alleged issue where Jim sexted his penis to Stephanie. According to Jim, this was picture of his underwear clad crotch, made as a joke about Anthony Weiner.

Jim currently claims exoneration in the aftermath of the ruling. Stephanie's lawyer is claiming that the ruling was unjust itself, and is ignoring the injustice perpetrated by Jim.

Personally, I find it really hard to get a clear picture of what is really going on. It's easy to presume even minor issues had become extremely exaggerated in order to shift the court (probably by the suggestion of their lawyers). But IMHO, both of their attempts to cut down each other did a pretty good job of revealing their own horribleness. At the very least, the definite things Jim seems to be guilty of is marrying an ill-fitting partner, and holding somewhat of a "Good Ol' Boy" attitude that looks bad in 2019. I will refrain from commenting of Stephanie's claims of sexual assault and misconduct. To be fair, they seemed relatively untouched by both Jim and the Court, presumably as they were/are still being investigated/settled/disputed outside of the trial. But for her claims aside from those, they do seem guilty of exaggerating Monstrous Mountains out of Jerkass Molehills.

I don't think Jim is exonerated by this. No matter what, he is looking worse coming out of this. I'm not sure if this changes the level of 'Cancelled' he receives, and probably won't until a more definitive resolution about the allegations is reached.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Like I’ve said before, I don’t think anyone should be “canceled” from anything purely on the word of an ex after a bitter breakup.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Tony Robbins, self-help guru, accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tony-robbins-selfhelp-guru-accused-of-sexual-misconduct-by-multiple-women-165615608.html

‘Bungled from the beginning’: How Robert Kraft’s sex sting was marred by cops’ missteps
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-ne-cb-robert-kraft-spa-cases-failings-20190518-gqduneepjvcq3lykburpemy35a-story.html

Woman sues Chinese billionaire Liu for alleged rape
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/woman-accused-chinese-billionaire-liu-211043874.html

Former congressman Anthony Weiner designated a level one sex offender by judge
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/former-congressman-anthony-weiner-designated-level-one-sex-145445076--abc-news-topstories.html

Krankenstyle posted:

What court is he suing in? Chicago Tribune blocks me because of GDPR...

'The suit, filed in the state of California, says AMPAS did not follow proper protocol in dismissing him nearly a year ago. The Academy did so "in accordance with the organization's Standards of Conduct," they said at the time, adding their leadership expected members to "uphold the Academy's values of respect for human dignity."'

Pedro De Heredia posted:

A lot of those men had work done too (or take steroids) and live lives that allow them to maintain certain physical standards.

There are double standards, sure, but almost everyone in Hollywood, male or female, who was attractive when they were young looks unreasonably attractive for their age when they're in their 50s too.

Watching Body Heat I marveled at how different Kathleen Turner and Mickey Rourke look now. I guess it's been almost forty years.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Tony Robbins being a potential sex pest might be the least shocking revelation I've ever heard.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
And still Jared Leto gets roles

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Zogo posted:

Watching Body Heat I marveled at how different Kathleen Turner and Mickey Rourke look now. I guess it's been almost forty years.

Didn't Mickey Rourke have an accident or something that scarred his face up in a way that turned out to be extremely marketable?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Didn't Mickey Rourke have an accident or something that scarred his face up in a way that turned out to be extremely marketable?

No, his face was incredibly marketable until he went crazy and started boxing again, his face got hosed up doing that and then he apparently went to the worst plastic surgeon in the world.

But yes, it's not only aging that did that to his face.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
and now it's marketable yet again because there's a niche for guys that look like a fuckin Easter Island head

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Gary Busey is the one who got all hosed up in a motorcycle accident, but his career never really recovered.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Blast Fantasto posted:

Gary Busey is the one who got all hosed up in a motorcycle accident, but his career never really recovered.

Yeah, and it wasn't just his face like Rourke. Busey suffered legit brain damage as a result, which greatly changed both his personality and his acting style to what it is today.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Blast Fantasto posted:

That was less about loving up his face and more it scrambling his brains

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

and now it's marketable yet again because there's a niche for guys that look like a fuckin Easter Island head

I get the feeling that being handsome and getting your face wrecked up basically makes for the perfection action movie star face. Reminds me of the story of Mel Gibson trying out for Mad Max after his face had been messed up a bit in a bar fight and the director loved it.

It looks like the Jim Cummings situation might have turned out to be nothing. It's kinda funny given one of the latest Ducktales eps has his return as Darkwing Duck... sort of. Where he plays Jim Starling, the actor that originally portrayed Darkwing Duck in an in-universe TV show, who doesn't take it well when a revival movie is starring a new, younger actor, even one who is a huge fan and deliberately styled himself after Jim Starling and considers Darkwing his dream role. To the point of trying to sabotage the new actor with increasingly unsubtle and violent methods, and finally going completely mad and after the movie is ruined (mostly thanks to Dewey).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tart Kitty posted:

Yeah, and it wasn't just his face like Rourke. Busey suffered legit brain damage as a result, which greatly changed both his personality and his acting style to what it is today.

Yeah but I'm With Busey was awesome.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Was busey a good actor before? Because i prefer him after

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

got any sevens posted:

He's great in Point Break.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Where is Bulletproof in this timeline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T2S8GHzxqc
Yeah! :haw:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

Where is Bulletproof in this timeline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T2S8GHzxqc
Yeah! :haw:

Point Break was '91, Bulletproof was '88. I don't know when his motorcycle accident was, but I think it was after both.

Also, if you look at their IMDB pages, both Busey and Rourke are in movies every year since the 70's with literally only one or two gaps, and usually at least two movies every year.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

got any sevens posted:

check out The Buddy Holly Story

edit:

also, Straight Time

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I get the feeling that being handsome and getting your face wrecked up basically makes for the perfection action movie star face. Reminds me of the story of Mel Gibson trying out for Mad Max after his face had been messed up a bit in a bar fight and the director loved it.

Not quite. What happened with Gibson is that he went in to audition for a minor role the night after getting absolutely hosed up in a bar fight, and Miller liked his look for a rough and crazy biker gang extra. When he came to rehearse a while later, the injuries had cleared up, the swelling was gone, and he looked like Golden Age Mel Gibson, and Miller realized that he'd be perfect for his leading man role and upped his casting.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It looks like the Jim Cummings situation might have turned out to be nothing. It's kinda funny given one of the latest Ducktales eps has his return as Darkwing Duck... sort of. Where he plays Jim Starling, the actor that originally portrayed Darkwing Duck in an in-universe TV show, who doesn't take it well when a revival movie is starring a new, younger actor, even one who is a huge fan and deliberately styled himself after Jim Starling and considers Darkwing his dream role. To the point of trying to sabotage the new actor with increasingly unsubtle and violent methods, and finally going completely mad and after the movie is ruined (mostly thanks to Dewey).

And even that is burying the lede somewhat: at the end Starling goes completely insane and becomes Darkwing's Mirror Universe version Negaduck. Meanwhile Launchpad convinces the new actor (not voiced by Cummings) to become Darkwing for real at which point the actor's name is revealed to be Drake Mallard.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

AceOfFlames posted:

And even that is burying the lede somewhat: at the end Starling goes completely insane and becomes Darkwing's Mirror Universe version Negaduck. Meanwhile Launchpad convinces the new actor (not voiced by Cummings) to become Darkwing for real at which point the actor's name is revealed to be Drake Mallard.

Well I didn't want to give it all away.

New Ducktales is great yall, you should all go watch it. It's basically a more family-friendly Venture Bros with ducks.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

Point Break was '91, Bulletproof was '88. I don't know when his motorcycle accident was, but I think it was after both.

Also, if you look at their IMDB pages, both Busey and Rourke are in movies every year since the 70's with literally only one or two gaps, and usually at least two movies every year.

It was December of '88, so after filming Bulletstorm. I think Predator 2 was his first film after the accident.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

And still Jared Leto gets roles

Did Jared Leto do something other than be a weird method actor?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Apparently has a thing for underage fans.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

chitoryu12 posted:

Did Jared Leto do something other than be a weird method actor?

Jared Leto wasn't a method actor until, oddly enough, Daniel Day Lewis started acting again. There was a write up on the Oscars back in 08 that mentioned that Leto was trying to talk to DDL when the latter was waiting in line to use the bathroom. Apparently, he pathetically idolizes the guy. DDL politely accepted the compliments and excused himself cause he had to piss.

I never heard anyone say he was a method actor until a decade ago or so. Leto seems like exactly the kid of guy who thinks all you need to do is emulate a certain "style" to be a great actor. Just an empty vessel of a man.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Judakel posted:

Jared Leto wasn't a method actor until, oddly enough, Daniel Day Lewis started acting again. There was a write up on the Oscars back in 08 that mentioned that Leto was trying to talk to DDL when the latter was waiting in line to use the bathroom. Apparently, he pathetically idolizes the guy. DDL politely accepted the compliments and excused himself cause he had to piss.

I never heard anyone say he was a method actor until a decade ago or so. Leto seems like exactly the kid of guy who thinks all you need to do is emulate a certain "style" to be a great actor. Just an empty vessel of a man.

His wikipedia page makes it sound like Leto was a method actor from the start. Seriously training as a runner for Prefontaine, starving himself and living on the streets for Requiem for a Dream.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah he's been a weirdo for ages.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Was the wikipedia editor jaredletosasstnt?

Goddamn Particle
Oct 10, 2013

Fan of Britches
Wasn't it Jared Leto who sent used condoms and anal beads to his costars on Suicide Squad? Because if so that sounds less like method acting and more like using method acting as cover for being a creep.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Goddamn Particle posted:

Wasn't it Jared Leto who sent used condoms and anal beads to his costars on Suicide Squad? Because if so that sounds less like method acting and more like using method acting as cover for being a creep.

Given that there was only one report of this that none of the cast verified, it seems like that was more a case of the studio's marketing department trying to recapture the mystique around Heath Ledger's take on the Joker (like the stories of Ledger isolating himself in a hotel room for a month, writing journals in-character, etc.).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Goddamn Particle posted:

He also sent stuff like ammunition to Will Smith, who was playing Deadshot. After all the other crazy method acting poo poo he's done, it makes perfect sense for him to be utterly obnoxious as the Joker.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Jared Leto’s dumb method acting gimmicks (which may not even be real) for performances that are on average merely serviceable are getting people riled up at an actor for being pretentious (perish the thought) which completely obscures the real issue, which is that he likes little girls.

It’s such a brilliant ploy the only reason I don’t believe it’s intentional is because we’re talking about Jared Leto.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's kinda funny given one of the latest Ducktales eps has his return as Darkwing Duck... sort of. Where he plays Jim Starling, the actor that originally portrayed Darkwing Duck in an in-universe TV show, who doesn't take it well when a revival movie is starring a new, younger actor, even one who is a huge fan and deliberately styled himself after Jim Starling and considers Darkwing his dream role. To the point of trying to sabotage the new actor with increasingly unsubtle and violent methods, and finally going completely mad and after the movie is ruined (mostly thanks to Dewey).

AceOfFlames posted:

Jesus Christ, this sounds amazing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pirate Jet posted:

Jared Leto’s dumb method acting gimmicks (which may not even be real) for performances that are on average merely serviceable are getting people riled up at an actor for being pretentious (perish the thought) which completely obscures the real issue, which is that he likes little girls.

It’s such a brilliant ploy the only reason I don’t believe it’s intentional is because we’re talking about Jared Leto.

Where's the thing about him being a pedo?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

thrawn527 posted:

Jesus Christ, this sounds amazing.

The new Ducktales is loving great. It's like a slightly more family-friendly Venture Bros at times.

Funny thing is that it's not even a big stretch from the original show given Darkwing Duck has at least two or three mutually contradictory origin story episodes, and apparently if the show had continued they would have had even more, while Negaduck was a one-off villain who turned out to be so popular they introduced a completely separate but identical Negaduck in a later episode, not acknowledging the first one at all, who became a series regular.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Where's the thing about him being a pedo?

It’s one of those “open secret” things that’s so prevalent that’s like asking for a source on Bryan Singer being one (no offense.) I guess the biggest evidence is James Gunn implying he is one: https://www.screengeek.net/2018/05/17/james-gunn-implies-jared-leto-is-a-pedophile/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Rumours regarding Leto sleeping with underage girls have been circulating the internet for years, which is why so many people expected concrete accusations to surface after the Weinstein story broke. I don't think anyone has actually come forward so far though.